Act-Age

Group Leader
I hope someone translates the last chapter. I'm really sad that it had to end like this, and still hope it'll come back in the future again.

Power Uploader
@Nick86 Have you even thought for a second about the artist, a young woman, who’d have to keep working with a convicted molester? Even if Matsuki was somehow allowed to continue writing the story, I highly doubt Usazaki would ever want to touch it again considering the pressure she’d have to face.

It’s really a fucking waste that the series ended this way, but that was the only viable decision.

According to the news reports, his conduct was a bit more than just "breaking the law". The guy is reported to have molested middle school girls. That's horrifying.

So sad about the fact that it's the end of this story, I loved Act-age, it was new and fresh, the story was really good... Wow

It was a good ride, and a good management from the publisher.
i do wish the author would continue the story and publish it, it might be very different without the manga but i want to see the end of this arc at least.

@Lyendith coulda just changed the artist if she were to not agree to working with the guy anymore, there's plenty of options and cancelling is the worst of them.
Common sense isn't that common anymore, eh? Art should be separated from its creator when judging.
Too bad in this Era art has become much more than that, and companies give zero fucks how good your work is, if it's making them look bad in the eyes of thr stupid they'll drop you that instant.

Why can't people just chill? Hasn't the 🐵 brain evolved into something better?

I'm so sad about the news, I really loved this manga, the art and characters felt so new and fresh. The author deserves to be jailed however I can't say I'm not immensely disappointed in what has happened. I was looking forward to an anime adaptation and also just a long and successful run for the manga and it feels so surreal to have that cut short and out of nowhere. Honestly good on the company for canceling it, leaves a bad taste in my mouth that continuing it would be normalizing and supporting a child molester, but overall just sad to see it go. Hopefully the artist gets another break elsewhere because her art is incredible!

Dex-chan lover
@Shizomist what are you even talking about? The author got arrested for being a creep pedo. It's not the artists fault here at all. You're making no sense.

Dex-chan lover
I'm kind of disgusted seeing people feel bad for the mangaka and not the artist. The author is a scumbag while the artist is a hard working woman who we should feel sorry for because now she's out of work because of what some douche decided to do

@Shizomist it was the author who did this mess and the artist cant do anything about it. also it is good that jump doesnt want to have anything to do with the author. there is nothing to sperate, he is a creep who doesnt deserve to have his story in jump or anywhere else. it just sucks for the artist and it is awful for the victims that this happened.

Double-page supporter
@Shizomist The artist was put into a team with the writer-author by the editors/publisher establishment;
it wasn't that the artist and the writer-author teamed up by themselves.
And no need for me to repeat what others said.
I just wanted to clarify just this little one fact.

Contributor
@Lyendith - I see your point, but it have nothing to do with the fact that she can continue to draw the manga to please the fans, anyway if she decided so then so be it.

@Moneymike1995 Haha funny you should say that having 'money' literally written in your name, quite ironic don't you find?
@MilkWeeb it's not for you to decide, kiddo. Laws exist to punish people accordingly to their deeds. Ever heard of that?
@exxp it's irrelevant cuz my suggestion works only if the publisher will keep working with the author which is obviously not gonna happen. Your action was uncalled for.

No idea why y'all @ me,my message doesn't leave a discussion opened.

Double-page supporter
This is a complicated topic on one hand the author is a creep who deserves to be incarcerated, was he drunk or druged (not defending him, just wondering how he can screw his life so much while being in a sane state of mind), but in the other hand his work is not a fault of his actions, even more this work given that it was a collaboration between 2 people, I hope people bash only on the author, but leave the artist and this manga out of the line of fire.

Sad that it ended, glad that I could readed, hoping the artist can make a sequel (doubt it) or she can atleast keep working and make something even better

Users who are viewing this thread