Act-Age

Dex-chan lover
@cheruimouto Sure you can. If the author of something did something they shouldn't have, they should face the consequences for it as anyone else should. No fuckin' mercy there, their whole career going forward can collapse, they should do jail time if its warranted, etc. But if the creative pieces they've made are good on their own merits and aren't super obviously influenced by whatever someone must think or believe to do what they did in the real world that was clearly wrong, then it's fine to separate them.

I can't even comment on the case of this series myself, I never got around to reading this before that news came out. I don't know if the content of this was just immediately like "Ahhh, yeah this looks like it's exactly what that kind of scumbag would fantasize about, this is really uncomfortable now. I can't even try to continue reading this." If that's the case, then yeah, maybe don't try to separate the matters here, for this specific instance.

But I think there's absolutely room for us to at least explore the option of that separation in some situations, because not all of them are the exact same. It's also probably a matter of "I don't want to support the person who did these kinds of things," for a lot of people, but we're talking about this right here in a piracy community. Most of the people here weren't supporting the author in any way, shape, or form before they even knew they didn't want to support someone who does stuff like that.

TL;DR: Not every situation is the same, there's probably some variations on this sort of thing where I'd either say "Oh yeah, fuck this author. Ruined everything they've ever touched." Or, "I can't see any of this reflected in the work they did at all. I can enjoy this for what it was, but also fuck that person still, I'ma pirate all their shit that's any good with no feeling of guilt at all." Obviously that's just my two cents, and nobody else has to agree with me though.

Wtf groping some 14 year old girls breast in the middle of the street lol. What's wrong with this idiot??

Dex-chan lover
Why did they delete all the chapters lol
You are a comic piracy group not political activists

Group Leader
Why did they delete all the chapters lol
You are a comic piracy group not political activists
This message was on the notes for the MangaDex page:
  • Because a takedown notice was sent to MangaDex from the owners of this series, fan translations of Act-Age are currently unavailable to be uploaded here.

Dex-chan lover
This message was on the notes for the MangaDex page:
  • Because a takedown notice was sent to MangaDex from the owners of this series, fan translations of Act-Age are currently unavailable to be uploaded here.
Since when did anybody care about notices?
Im not buying that any publisher likes their stuff being hosted here and as pretty much the biggest site its a huge target
There must be take downs flying in here daily

Users who are viewing this thread