Add an ability to filter out off-site links [Rejected]

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
All external chapters on MD are freely accessible via the link, don't require a login to view, and you can just read them like you'd read anything on the actual site. There's no legitimate reason to blanket block them, beyond objecting to the service in question, and that case is solved with group blocking.

Dex-chan lover
All external chapters on MD are freely accessible via the link, don't require a login to view, and you can just read them like you'd read anything on the actual site. There's no legitimate reason to blanket block them, beyond objecting to the service in question, and that case is solved with group blocking.
My problem so far is that it works at first but more pop up and it gets annoying. I’d like a setting where they just stay blocked.

Staff
Super Moderator
My problem so far is that it works at first but more pop up and it gets annoying. I’d like a setting where they just stay blocked.
Why is it annoying? They're chapters that are freely available for you read, just like anything uploaded by a scanlator.

Fed-Kun's army
Links to chapters that are no longer available are removed.
That then in some cases leads to there being huge gaps for new readers, and the groups often prioritise scanlating just the newest chapters. 🫤

Staff
Super Moderator
That then in some cases leads to there being huge gaps for new readers, and the groups often prioritise scanlating just the newest chapters. 🫤
And there's absolutely nothing we can do about that, unfortunately. Better some links than nothing at all.

Users who are viewing this thread