Add specific tag blocking

Dex-chan lover
I don't have the links at hand, but the mods have mentioned that site wide tag blocking is a planned feature, just no ETA

It's been a planned feature for a while now, I've been asking for this on the discord for at least 3 years.
Also I don't see it in the planned features they just posted :(

Contributor
It's been a planned feature for a while now, I've been asking for this on the discord for at least 3 years.
Also I don't see it in the planned features they just posted :(
Still planned. "Quality of Life" features are low priority and are worked on when possible

Dex-chan lover
personally i really don't like seeing homepage full of BL
I came to the forum to look for this specific feature for the exact same problem :lul:

I usually don't have a problem with BL content but it feels like lately 90% of the "Recently added" and "Recent updated" is BL. It surely is not, but it feels like it is.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
I came to the forum to look for this specific feature for the exact same problem :lul:

I usually don't have a problem with BL content but it feels like lately 90% of the "Recently added" and "Recent updated" is BL. It surely is not, but it feels like it is.
Occasionally someone comes along and dumps a fuckton of BL doujins. I don't know why it happens in brief waves like this, or why it's always BL, but it happens every few months and it's a different person every time. Particularly dedicated fanbase?

Group Leader
Occasionally someone comes along and dumps a fuckton of BL doujins. I don't know why it happens in brief waves like this, or why it's always BL, but it happens every few months and it's a different person every time. Particularly dedicated fanbase?
it's probably an endless cycle of "posting tons of bl" which attracts bl readers to the site who then decide to themselves post tons bl which in turn is repeated periodically

Watermelon Consumer
Staff
Developer
man i can't even imagine how lazy the site admins are considering there's language filters already AND the previous site had this feature. you would think this could be done in a day or less.
You would think incorrectly. None of the site's previous version's code was reused, so the effort taken to implement a feature is unrelated to that. While the language filters are somewhat related and some of code there might be reusable for tag filters, it is still non-trivial. As with every new feature, it needs to have tests written for it and be code-reviewed to ensure it doesn't break anything, there are performance considerations as every new filter adds more combinations of requests that need to be or can't be cached, then the frontend has to update the user settings schema, add it to the settings page, make it apply in every request, you get the idea. Additionally, features might get stuck waiting behind other larger features or infrastructure changes which were prioritized beforehand.

Now, our API spec is public and there are ways to "hack in" this feature through something like a userscript. You might have to make the exclusion list a more crude manually-edited entry in the script instead of a neat settings page, and you might need to overfetch manga entries to compensate for filtering the entries client-side and fill the page, which might occasionally lead to some jankyness with the rate limits, but hey for a non-official fan-made feature it should be decent enough, and I do encourage anyone interested to try it, I'm sure many of the users here would thank you.

Dex-chan lover
personally i really don't like seeing homepage full of BL
Absolutely. I really hope the staff will get those removed or at least an option to filter it globally, else I riot!

Seriously there should also be a futa tag added and uploaders not selecting those tags should get banned! Furthermore in the meantime all that BL crap shouldn't be displayed on the main page at all!

Users who are viewing this thread