Advertising spam in "Watashi no Kanojo wa Otokonoko"

This is so bizarre, this user DesertStorm keeps advertising 3 links to anti-Lgbt groups and conservative groups in the comments in this awful manga.

Normally I would say free speech etc and I can mute users. The problem is he/she won't actually respond to anyone telling him they're not credible sources, instead he/she just repeatedly spams the links in the comments to anyone who responds to him/her so the comments are now full of advertisement links to those 3 Anti-Lgbt and conservative groups.

In a Manga dealing with LGBT subject matters. . . . . .

-----------------------------
Comment Threads in question (DesertStorm)
-------------------

https://mangadex.org/thread/48775/1

https://mangadex.org/thread/48775/2/#post_377524

You can punish me too if you want, but I think DesertStorm is actually trolling and this could go on for months unless a mod shuts it down. Plus, I don't think it's a good idea to have anti-LGBT and conservative group advertising in a manga about Transgenderism and gender identity etc.

DesertStorm probably wants someone to tag and refute him for his/her amusement, and then re-advertise the links over and over again. I only realized this a few minutes ago.
-----------------
This manga

https://mangadex.org/title/33258/watashi-no-kanojo-wa-otokonoko

(It's a pretty terribly written manga involving *Sigh, a Non gender girl and a cross dressing Transgender boy. That's not the point)

Contributor
Him again? Sheesh, he is a troll. One of 2 people I have on my block list due to them just being actually dumb enough to deserve it.

Fed-Kun's army
Hey, the manga is pretty good though (except for the anti climactic bitch).
Maybe learn a bit about trans and gender dysphoria before reading the manga.

Dex-chan lover
That guys's linking Wikipedia as his source...

I've seen everything now.

Never mind, I was accidentally looking at a different comment

Can people please stop using Wikipedia as their reference? It's not reliable and you're making yourself look like fools.

@dandan_the_dandan

he (DesertStorm) is already in berserk mode. i dont think any of your argument will go through him. You didnt event put any reference and he suddenly said your reference is invalid. I dont know whether I should laugh or not.

@crazybars
for the OP, I am not sure about this one. He is not really spamming. He put a new line in every comment. Those 3 lines just like his signature(?), the bottom text or image every time you post in MAL. But yeah it is annoying in this kind of comment section.

If it is about his anti-LGBT view, I have mixed feeling. I know it is silly to think about LGBT or such thing in manga. Its not even real or anything.

Contributor
@flamewingman @DANDAN_THE_DANDAN Believe me when I tell you, the guy is a troll. I had a confrontation with him previously, thus why he ended up on my block list, which is reserved only for the most ignorant people. Seriously, I only have 2 names on it so far, so you can see I don't block lightly.

@flamewingman

The issue is, he's posting comments in rotation of

"You're an idiot"
"What you posted is wrong"
"Believe me, what I posted is true"
"This is a credible source"
"I'm not listening to this bullshit"

Then he re-posts the link to those 3 organizations.

It's disgusting really. He's using a technicality to justify spamming the entire comment section in that manga with advertising.

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN

I cited Wikipedia as a general idea.

I can fix the linking of evidence in those comments, but it was mostly to give people an idea just who those groups DesertStorm was
advertising to understand how out of the norm DesertStorm is.

It's easily verifiable by just searching for their mission statements and people trust themselves more than a stranger such as I .

Contributor
@crazybars As I mentioned to the others, that guy is a troll, I have "encountered" him before. I would just block him and let him stew in his own delusions of grandeur because he just isn't worth wasting the time on.

Group Leader
That is not "advertising spam." If you disagree with him that much, just block him and move on.

OP, it seems like you didn't get the genders of the main characters right : Makoto is bigender (more specifically she's both a girl and a boy) and Yuuko is non-binary (more specifically they don't ID as girl or boy) so no "cross-dressing transgender boy" here.

Also, may i suggest using "they/their" pronouns for people you don't know, instead of "he/she", makes it easier to read in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread