Again My Life - Ch. 67

Double-page supporter
I hope he knows that evidence gotten by breaking into someone's place can't be used in court.

Dex-chan lover
Yeeeeah. I know this is to make things exciting, but he's doing so many reckless and illegal things.

Staff
Super Moderator
Great. Who doesn't want to see meat soup with blood in garbage bags too? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dex-chan lover
D...Did he just break and enter some dude's house? He does know that if ANYONE found out that he did this he could invalidate the entire case! Assuming Korean law is anything like America's then committing crimes to get evidence is beyond illegal.

Fed-Kun's army
@OraOraApril19 if he gets arrested for the dumped body parts, the police will search his home and look inside the fridge, so the evidence can be used in court. That said, I find excessively dramatized that no one can do his job unless the MC gives them orders.

@Legion_01 The system is broken, and it very much parallels our own in major cities. They're more concerned with closing a case, then finding the actual suspect. And said suspect is usually a person in power with authority and money which is why it gets pinned on a poor schmoe.

Fed-Kun's army
@edgedy are you korean? because in my country, even tho prosecutors and police are often corrupt, incompetent, or both, not even they make such blatant mistakes. My country is far from perfect, heck, an honest man is rarer than a six-fingered man, but in this comic no one has more than 1 neuron. The car fund guy would go home scott free in my country (the press here is just the lapdog of those in power), but a sexual violent offender would never be neglected during the investigation of the innocent guy.

When does he start planting evidence? That's the next step, the way he's going

Losing more respect for this story the more I read

@Ghostdevil Yea, you're right. But at the same time, you have to remember that the MC has information about the future the readers are not aware of. Perhaps in his past life, the psycho gets away with it consistently. At this point, with all the actions the MC has taken thus far, I'm accepting it as he is willing to go to further lengths to ensure the future doesn't repeat. At least, that's how I have chosen to bypass some logic to try to continue enjoying the story.

Dex-chan lover
@OraOraApril19 @Ghostdevil @Legion_01 and anyone I may be forgetting. The doctrine of "fruit of the poisonous tree" is NOT universal, and there are some countries, such as the UK, that explicitly allow evidence that was illegally obtained. I explicitly do not know how it is in South Korea, but it is by no means a universal doctrine. India is another country that explicitly says that it's allowed.

With that said, I stopped liking this story a bit ago. It just keeps going down for me.

From a strictly ‘lawful’ standpoint, any evidence he finds in his house right now cannot be used against him in court. But they also have him on site dumping a human body so there’s no denying that. That being said, I am basing my ‘lawful’ on US laws and I KNOW FOR A FACT there are countries that allow for ‘illegally obtained’ evidence, I’m just not sure about South Korea.

Edit: Welp, I’m super late because EVERYONE in the comments brought this up lol

Another point to note is that while the Mc is leaning on the lawfully good side, he doesn't hide his means and uses tricks and stunts to direct things to his advantages. i.e. even if they are illegally obtained evidence, he wouldn't go out of his way to say that and risk invalidating his case.

Also, what a gem of a series! liking it more and more

Users who are viewing this thread