Again!!

Dex-chan lover
@ICYCOZY doesnt really matter how many hundres of chapters are there. A cancelled series is a cancelled series.

Dex-chan lover
@tearsax not everything that ends is cancelled my dude.

And also I think the ending's fine. I wasn't for it initially but when you stop and think about things
all that really happened is that he Again'd his Again and now he's basically unconcious in two timelines, except this time because he hit senpai he took her with him

Dex-chan lover
@DirkHardpeck
I dont remember saying that everything that ends is cancelled, tho? I just said that something can be cancelled no matter how many chapters it has.

Fed-Kun's army
What pulled me into this manga was them Eyebrows, the art was pretty good and then it was Imamura's antics that really sealed the deal. You could feel the angst, the cringe, the rage etc. Was one of the best manga in the start. But the last arc does leave a bitter taste, none of the brilliance of Imamura or Pigheaded strength of the Danchou, just a fizzle.

For those on the fence, this has a pretty good story, one you will not regret reading. My personal recommendation, read till chapter 100, and take that as the end. Otherwise proceed at your caution. I personally felt the story till there was pretty awesome.

Double-page supporter
You are not going to find any aligned eyes in the entire manga.

Good art, good characters, a lot of chapters for development sadly though as other have said and I agree with the ending was pretty lame. Just know what you are getting into. Shame because I really like do-over concepts like in Re:life and other series.
If this ever gets adapted to an Anime I hope they change some events and the ending and it'd be great.

Despite having a ending that felt rushed/axed, I definitely enjoyed my stay. Danchou <3

Is there any extra/epilogue for this?

I enjoyed this, but I thought most of the male characters (excepting Suzuki) were fairly unpleasant. The main character I am conflicted over. He seems to sometimes learn and grow, but always reverts to form. Reminds me of one of Hugh Grant's character in About A Boy, except angrier, more indifferent, and less able to grow.
I dislike how he kind of kidnaps Danchou in the end.
But other than that, the plot moved pretty quickly, the characters were all interesting even if some were unpleasant. There were enough plot twists to keep me interested. There were only a few places that it seemed to stall, but the author managed to change things up enough to get the engine going again and the car on track. The ending did seem a bit rushed and confusting in places, but at least it was a creative attempt to end the series, unlike others I've seen that fail utterly in the end.

Dex-chan lover
@zdny4311
Previously, the last 6 pages of chapter 136 was not in the raws. Those 6 pages are now there, and that was the "extra" people were talking about a few months ago.

Personally I think
those 6 pages implies that Danchou for some reason is now the only one with memories of the Again world(s), but this time she gets to meet an Imamura who remembers her from his 1st day at school and calls out to her
. It completely changed my impression of what we previously thought was the ending
which was Imamura jumping off the multiverse staircase while taking Danchou with him

I really don't know what to think of this manga, I discovered this years ago when it was something like 30 chapters. I remembering I had put it on hold a bit after
Imamura goes back to the present and they introduce the other Ouendan
. I thought it was really good, I reread it today and I thought it was amazing, really. Up until the end of the baseball arc it was really great.

Why did the author basically retcon everything and loop the story into Imamura helping another club? So many new characters appearing without any build-up, old ones left pretty much aside including Fujieda and Hiro surprisingly, and the entire plot about the present is forgotten to the point the author makes a joke chapter about it. This is really weird actually, why would the author still bring back that plot point when it looks like he has decided to give it up? Did he actually intend for things to end like this?

I'm somewhat sad by how this manga developped. I don't think there should have been a second club arc, that part was stil linteresting but I really didn't care much about the characters so it felt like filler. I felt like all of the characters starting from the drama club arcs are coming out of nowhere especially the previous danchous, why is there so much focus on them when they barely got introduced? They really didn't manage to grow on me and I was pretty frustrated that the previous cast becomes a background cast for like 1/3rd of the manga, and even in the finale arc some of them are still left in the dust like Shibata. Honestly Shibata and Imamura are one of the best shipping I'd seen in a manga, I'm pretty sad this turns into a sort of harem.

I was really eager to see how Imamura deals with both timelines and the mystery around the other Danchou. Well, I still love this manga anyway, even if it's pretty much only the first half which I found amazing, it has really charming characters and it's a lovely read. Honestly I feel pretty broken hearted, it has been a really long time since I've felt this invested into a manga and its characters.

And the author literally retconned some things didn't she?
Around chapter 30 when Imamura goes back to his world, everyone starts forgetting about him and acting like before. Sure he didn't know about it but it doesn't make sense that he'd want to leave this world after that and have everyone end up in misery again. I think the author realised this was a bad idea so she retconned it, but in my opinion we should have seen Imamura solve BOTH worlds problems. And I agree with the previous comment, it makes no sense that Danchou would be the only one remembering and Imamura is not in a coma, or why Imamura even knew he'd be forgetting everything. Plus if he goes back to the present, it should be months after the end of the year by now.

Honestly I understand where the author was going with the ending, it's not bad per se. It makes sense with the characters and all, it just has too many plot holes and it's like she didn't follow the rules she had written down so it's confusing and doesn't make sense. I think that's what most people, me included, don't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread