Aire - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

No matter how strong a person is they will always be haunted by those they have killed is called PTSD.

Ngl the fact that mc now knows he's trapped for life and isn't even challenging it by accepting death to see how she reacts is really pissing me off

@krispy

A. MC doesn't want to die

B. FMC can read through him like a book, and probably would know that he wouldn't want to die

Dex-chan lover
Those bandits/adventurers look strong but they are so caught up with the slave thing that they forget that he has training and practice in fighting since childhood, and we are talking of fighting to the death against powerful humans, beasts and god knows what more, Vera is a warrior in the truest sense of the word.

Elda was impressive in this chapter, i dont think she is remotely close to Vera's level but as shown before she does have keen insight and her physical capabilities clearly were well developed.

Man the art has such a kinetic feeling to it, the movements were well portrayed and the feel of impact was spot on.

@krispy Maybe because he wants to live, sure the idea of accepting death is noble and challenging even if just out of spite but trying all possibilities to LIVE is the normal thing to do, he can act like that after and if he sees that there is no hope.

Dex-chan lover
Princess had her cool moment. She also told Vera she learned to fight because of him, I think this adds just a bit of confusion regarding how he feels about her (although he still hates her obviously). The fights are pretty cool. Given how the bandits have been built up I guess Vera want just stomp on then like the random mooks.

@krispy
He promised his friends they would meet up so he decided not to die. He ought to at least try and figure it out. They are in the middle of a battle, not a place to decide and think of much else. Only later will we see what he really plans.

Also, he isn't the MC.

Still don't get it.... Is the Princess faking it or is she just plain sadistic. Is she a good or a bad person? Basically, has she just had a facade on all this time, or is it her true self? Very curious to see how this develops

Dex-chan lover
MC is incredibly inconsistent as a character.
He tried to be killed before to avoid blind servitude and slavery, and now he just takes it like a little bitch.

Dex-chan lover
@1idd0kun
Vera is incredibly inconsistent as a character.
He tried to be killed before to avoid blind servitude and slavery, and now he just takes it like a little bitch.

He was willing to be killed until it meant his friends would be killed too. What's so hard to understand about that?

Loving the princess though. Smart, cunning, sadistic, arrogant, strong willed, but tempered by a sense of justice. She does not deceive herself.

Dex-chan lover
@need4speedrazor6
So doing what many people do when threatening suicide then coming to their senses. Wow so inconsistent. Also I'd see how willing you'd be to off yourself mister "not a little bitch".

Dex-chan lover
@Ninja
"threatening"
he was 700% dead until the princess decided she had to call in favors to save him and wank her sadist boner the first time
what the hell changed that makes him avoid that this time? his buddies aren't a part of the picture anymore
he doesn't even have to off himself, because she could more than likely be lying about the contract AGAIN
all he has to do is sabotage the bitch who has control of his life, and roll the dice to call her bluff. At least this way he'll be taking control of his fate one way or another.
If he plays the "suicidal" card she will have no choice but to not piss him off or he can just sabotage everything if they do survive whatever he pulls the first time. It's not like she has anyone else she can remotely trust.
There's so many better options that seem to just fly past every character - I can go on about how the princess is an absolute moron as well

people here complaining male MC somehow already accepted his situation permanently. he's literally currently fighting almost 24/7. let him get a peaceful moment to decide what he's going to try to do

Dex-chan lover
@need4speedrazor6
The first time was after he killed Verato at a time of great distress and it was years ago so I don't see it as relevant.

Second time his friends convinced him not to give up on freedom. They agreed to me some place when he figures out how to escape. Clearly he has aspirations to be alive and free. They are in the middle of a fucking battle and he had no time to even think straight so I don't see why are you complaining he isn't doing it right this second.

He would be a total fucking idiot. There is a whole world of opportunities waiting for him on a dangerous journey where she depends on him. Only a moron would throw their life away like that.

Her "bluff" makes perfect sense given this whole religious journey affair that the chosen Aire has to take with an attendant. She could still be lying, but that's some dice to roll on your fucking existence. They gave her the power to punish him, of course they would also take measures to protect her against something as simple as murder in her sleep. He could die any time, that's the easy way out. He may still try using that card when he actually has a fucking moment of calm.

Fed-Kun's army
So I looked back on chapter 2, but the only time the princess seemed empathetic toward the slave was before he abandoned his dignity. After he did, she turned into the sadist we know her as today. I'm sticking to my position that she is indeed a sadist. It's not some facade, or some way of cloaking supposed romantic feelings. She used to respect him, then, when he abandoned his pride, she lost that respect for him, and instead enjoys his suffering.

Stop giving her the benefit of the doubt. Just because she doesn't treat other people the same way she treats this slave, doesn't mean she's secretly a good person, pretending to be evil for some as-of-yet unknown reason. Is it really that hard to believe some royal would treat a slave like how most people would in a setting like this?

Regarding how Vera's supposedly too inconsistent, I can't agree at all. Why would he risk his life after having already abandoned his pride previously? What about the promise he made to his friends? Of course, the princess could be lying, but Vera's illiterate, has no contacts (other than his equally ignorant slave friends), and we can assume he has no education, thus no knowledge of the world around him. He has no means of knowing how likely it is that he signed a death contract or not.

I very much like the princess and am curious to see where the relationship between her and the slave will go. Will she start to empathise with him, or will he find out a way to outsmart her once?

Users who are viewing this thread