Aishiteru Game wo Owarasetai - Vol. 6 Ch. 44 - The childhood friends feel the same way

Group Leader
I don't like how Yukiya's internal monologue is translated here... To me I think the translation sounds overly salty and doesn't sufficiently convey his jealousy on other people's confidence (this comment is based on my own personal, biased standards)

Dex-chan lover
I don't know why everyone wants him to finally confess. You gotta stop self-inserting / projecting at some point. His mind is a complete mess. He still have this MASSIVE inferiority complex and its highly self-destructive. Just in this very chapter he was outright hostile to the dude (who did nothing wrong btw) in his mind. This will only get worse overtime. They will fall apart eventually if he continues his refusal to grow up and build up some character. As things stands, their relationship CAN NOT progress in any healthy way. His growth should happen BEFORE they commit not after. Otherwise it is just plain toxic.
This, and Miku is even encouraging it somewhat, their relationship would literally become a mess of possessiveness, jealousy and inferior complex where there will always be one side who feel like they didn't deserve to be there. It will not end well

Dex-chan lover
This, and Miku is even encouraging it somewhat, their relationship would literally become a mess of possessiveness, jealousy and inferior complex where there will always be one side who feel like they didn't deserve to be there. It will not end well
Yes. Yukiya needs to be his own person first before attempting to be a part of someone elses. Miku's approach is even wierder considering how much effort she apperently put in to become what she is today.

Group Leader
I don't like how Yukiya's internal monologue is translated here... To me I think the translation sounds overly salty and doesn't sufficiently convey his jealousy on other people's confidence (this comment is based on my own personal, biased standards)
the point is that he is very salty LOL

From page 12:
…なんでみんな、
…Why is everyone,

堂々といられるんだよ。
Acting as if they’re so proud of themselves?
(I read this line out in my head and his tone, to me was "agitated" as well as "perplexed")

クッソうざいし、あんな風になりたいわけじゃない。
It’s not like I wanna become an annoying piece of shit like him.

I think I translated it quite close to its original already...

Dex-chan lover
Yes. Yukiya needs to be his own person first before attempting to be a part of someone elses. Miku's approach is even wierder considering how much effort she apperently put in to become what she is today.
Like that one saying: "If you can't love yourself, how can you love others?"

Dex-chan lover
the point is that he is very salty LOL

From page 12:
…なんでみんな、
…Why is everyone,

堂々といられるんだよ。
Acting as if they’re so proud of themselves?
(I read this line out in my head and his tone, to me was "agitated" as well as "perplexed")

クッソうざいし、あんな風になりたいわけじゃない。
It’s not like I wanna become an annoying piece of shit like him.

I think I translated it quite close to its original already...
It reads completely fine. It fits his current character very well too. Its is jealousy mixed with his complex.

Dex-chan lover
Wow yukiya's jealousy can get quite big, I mean it's nothing wrong but I just didn't think he would be that jealous. Anyways, let's see where this goes. Like almost every other romcom which has chapters end on such note, my heart tells me they are going to confess but my brain reminds it that blueballing the moment is the bread and butter of romcoms.

Thank you for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Man up, throw away all your ego, admit that you love her and want her to be yours and only look at you, embrace her, be the best version of you for her, ffs just do what I'm too cowardly to do
images

Sein is literally us

Double-page supporter
Hmm, at this point I don't think Yukiya would draw any ire from Miku's closest friends if they actually started going out. Some of them already seem to suspect it and it feels like they're just waiting for the same moment we are. Maybe the guys from the other classes might try to stir some shit up, but who cares at that point? Miku should be a higher priority over maintaining some fake neutrality with strangers that don't even matter at the end of the day.

Anyway, yeah, my man needs to be more concerned with what he thinks of himself than what others think of him or his relationship with Miku.

Dex-chan lover
You gotta stop self-inserting / projecting at some point.
If you have to belittle the people you're arguing against, you don't have enough faith in your own point that it would stand on its own. Make your argument about the point, not the people.

Aggregator gang
If next chapter doesn't have anything concrete I'm dropping this, I'm tired of the mangaka writing Yukiya as an absolute mess, he was supposed to have grown already but lately it feels like he's exactly the same as he was in middle school.

Users who are viewing this thread