Aishiteru Game wo Owarasetai - Ch. 50 - The childhood friends want to win

Double-page supporter
oh that can easily be explained
it's just a creative thing that the mangaka did to show that while Miku refers to Yukiya's mother as "okaa-san", i suppose what she really means is like "mother-in-law"
it's not uncommon for kanji to straight up be changed like that lol (idk how else to describe it, assigned?)
though, really I think I should've added a note on that page or something but idk how i would go about it in a way that's concise and is meaningful, like "oh she's just calling him her mother but she really means mother-in-law" or something??

if you don't agree with what I did, that's fine, I just tried to make a compromise
Feel that you could have went with just 'Mother' instead, kind of like how a spouse would address their mother-in-law as simply 'mother' in some cases. The change in kanji to mother-in-law may be kind of a meta thing by the author that alludes to this? Since context-wise, Yukiya's mom does mention that she treats Miku as her own daughter, which brings it to that Miku would address her as if she was her mother. Of course, there's also the whole thing about Miku trying to keep the whole 'I like Yukiya' thing under wraps so using 'Mother-in-law' as a TL here feels weird because it breaks that idea

Users who are viewing this thread