Akatsuki no Yona - Ch. 253 - The friend who doesn't call our names

Dex-chan lover
zeno wtf 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 it's not like the others wouldn't listen and try solving your problems if you just tell them that 😭😭😭😭 I'm very disappointed at your character growth

Dex-chan lover
Does this mean that the 4 dragon clans (white,red,green,blue) won't have a short lifespan anymore or the newborns won't be affected by the dragon blood curse or they will all just die out with time.

Dex-chan lover
Damn... page 23 got to me. I wasn't prepared for that.

I figured Zeno's reasoning was to kill himself, he has seen too many friends and love ones die (he original dragon warriors, the crimson king, and his wife), so I can't fault him much. That said, I can't blame Yona and Hak either, they already lost their home and love ones once, and now they're about to lose them again.

Does this mean that the 4 dragon clans (white,red,green,blue) won't have a short lifespan anymore or the newborns won't be affected by the dragon blood curse or they will all just die out with time.
Thus far, Zeno's plan involves removing the four dragon essence from the world and returning them to the heavens. If it succeeds, then there should be no further dragon warrior born in the various clans. The clans would still exist, they just won't produce any dragon warrior. As for the crimson king's illness that the Crimson King's descendents suffer from (like Soo-Won and the other princess), it's currently unknown if they'll be cured of it.

Dex-chan lover
I support Zeno. I also think those are more of a curse. Short lifespan, need to hide, even their own clan avoid them. And they can only wait for their king to appear, if not then their existence is just for nothing. I feel bad for them. 2000 years of those is too crazy. Go Zeno! And he also wait for the dragons to reach their limit before actually putting an end to all this

i want to believe zeno will turn his choice, they'll find a way for them all to live unti death reaches each alone
however I think this is it. We get a time skip, hak and yona get married
And zeno's wish is granted.

I think that means there wont ever be dragon descendants.
That's it. This was the last generation

Supporter
Thank you for the translation. :love:

Kudos to those who saw this coming. 👏

I think Zeno is going to get his wish, but not right away… somehow or another they're going to be revived. It doesn't seem likely that it'll be as Happy Happy All Tied Up With A Bow as "He's able to sacrifice his immortality then they can all live out normal lives", but regardless: It's really unlikely the author plans to sucker-punch us that hard, this late in the game.

It's too neat and tidy that Zeno has apparently completely accomplished his wish in this chapter (while there are so many threads to tie up), and that strongly suggests it's not final.

Dex-chan lover
Haaaaaaah.....

TL;DR: Don't worry, this is just me ranting and a lot of it makes little sense. ;w; I'm just frustrated with Zeno, my darling favorite character.

Welp, my predictions fell short on account of that one thing that I never anticipated: Zeno has not experienced any actual character growth this entire time. With the exception of Yun, the only one he really wanted to say goodbye to, he does not consider the thoughts and feelings of those around him.

That's really sad.

He's behaving like he's not considering the dragons here and now, but the weight and pain of the past alone. He believes the dragons who gave their blood to create the dragon warriors were selfish, he's seen the pain of countless generations under the burden, he himself has experienced physical and mental agony time and time again and has chosen to forget and disconnect rather than repeat that situation. The poor guy is so done, he can't think of others outside of lessening suffering. He seems unable to understand Hak and Yona's desperate last ditch attempt to get through to him - he even thinks they're angry with him! He would need generations of therapists to help him.

But I have to side with Hak on this one - Zeno did everything one-sidedly. I may understand his position, (past dragons refused to "participate", so why wouldn't these dragons?) but his execution leaves something to be desired. He's been dropping hints this entire time, sure, but that's not coming clean about a problem or the solution he plans to pursue.
Before anyone else says they side with Zeno, let me say one thing: this is not unlike a double(quadruple?) suicide. Different circumstances or not, he's still making a choice for others that they had no say in.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think Zeno is going to get his wish, but not right away… somehow or another they're going to be revived. It doesn't seem likely that it'll be as Happy Happy All Tied Up With A Bow as "He's able to sacrifice his immortality then they can all live out normal lives", but regardless: It's really unlikely the author plans to sucker-punch us that hard, this late in the game.

It's too neat and tidy that Zeno has apparently completely accomplished his wish in this chapter (while there are so many threads to tie up), and that strongly suggests it's not final.
This exactly.

We still haven't seen the Sword and Shield prophecy come to fruition. Unless that had nothing to do with the dragons, their existence is still required. Personally, I am of the opinion that this is the kind of prophecy that foretells how events will unfold, not a "warning" that can be avoided.

Never mind that, Zeno is flying towards space, as if Heaven and Earth are literally on the same plane of existence. Are we going to get a scene where Zeno is basically denied entry and we just see him floating around the stratosphere freaking out because he can't find what he was expecting to?

This exactly.

We still haven't seen the Sword and Shield prophecy come to fruition. Unless that had nothing to do with the dragons, their existence is still required. Personally, I am of the opinion that this is the kind of prophecy that foretells how events will unfold, not a "warning" that can be avoided.

Never mind that, Zeno is flying towards space, as if Heaven and Earth are literally on the same plane of existence. Are we going to get a scene where Zeno is basically denied entry and we just see him floating around the stratosphere freaking out because he can't find what h

With the prophecy, we still don't know what the "darkness what falls across the land" is, what the shield and spear are, or what ANY of it means.... If I think about the prophecy, it would seem that what Zeno is doing will bring about some type of "end of the world" or end of light or some shit.
But the entire thing is wacked. So, the Original Dragon King becomes human. At some point his life is in danger so other Dragon Gods share their blood with humans and "curse" them to use their powers and be be loyal only to the Dragon King.... But one of the Dragon warriors is immortal, others pass their powers on by blood... oh, and the Dragon King is cursed by a disease by his fellow Dragons for descending to earth.... that too is passed on through the blood of the Dragon King offspring.....
Next we have the new Coming of the Dragon King, Yona.... Why is she the reincarnation???? What is she meant to do???? What special powers does she have that make her the reincarnation???? NONE of that is clear.

Aggregator gang
The author gets a lot of criticism for some of their choices, but I gotta applaud this one.

Once again, Yona is faced with the betrayal of someone she loved and trusted unconditionally. Her heartbreak is then further confused by the reality that the betrayal was maybe in the best interest of others.

It’s a perfect mirror of how this series started, and I'm excited to see how all her growth will lead her to react!

Dex-chan lover
Eyo, that's the first time we've seen zeno in his dragon form

Users who are viewing this thread