Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 34 Ch. 197 - Unsteady Handwriting

Wow.... the memoir and il's letter are enough to shake my heart :(
Let's prepare ourselves for the next issue
I might have to buy more pack of tissues later

Okay hold up guys let me....*sniffles, wipes eyes*
Okay, okay. So bombshell--Papa Il knew the entire time he was going to die by Soo-won's hand and let it happen. That explains a lot. It also shows he wasn't as much of an idiot as everyone thought. He really did put up with a lot for many years knowing full well what was going to happen, and he even made sure Hak was there to take care of Yona once he passes. Actually I may go back and read the beginning just so I can see all that again, cause it might bring more to light.

After readind this chapter I think i find Il a great man.
He has flaw...as any other man has because we aren't perfect, but he got humanity, what make him great is his humanity.
He admired his brother like a god, but was forced to deny the throne to his beloved brother because he was a bloody monster and would only lead their kingdom to war;
he loved his wife with true love, but was unable to tell her how much he cared for her and their daughter (as yona and not as a crimson king reincarnation)... letting her die with the convinction that he only cared for legends of the past;
he was strong enough to choose to die and not sully again his hands of blood allowing soo won to kill him.
really a great men!

i know this is a little out of the contest, but i reaaaaly wanna hit soo-won head with a pan....

Power Uploader
@Cielo1989 More than that… I can only guess how many lives he saved by preventing his brother from ascending the throne. Soo-won lovers will never get this (well maybe when he marches on the Kai Empire to satisfy his father complex the scales will fall off their eyes), but on peril of sounding repetitive: the worst peace is better than the best war. Had it not been for Yona, in less than one year more people would have died, in Kouka and abroad, as a result of Soo-won's foreign policy than would have been saved by his domestic policy. Possibly more than died in all of Il's years, too.

I wonder if SuWon found those in the library and read them before Yona did.

I also wonder if the way out now is for SuWon to marry Yona and make her the queen peacefully, knowing that he will die soon, and deliberately not produce an heir. He'll give her as much country-level politics experience as he can in the meantime. Yona is then free to marry Hak later and produce an uncontested bloodline.

Fed-Kun's army
OMG I'M NOT CRYING I'M NOT CRYING DON'T MAKE ME CRY LIKE THIS 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

now it totally burn the "Il is a blind cultists" theory to the grounddddd

He loved Kashi... Although at first it might indeed because of the red dragon, in the end He truly loved Kashi...

And Yon hi isn't useless... In the end, she's the one conveyed all this information..

I'm... I'm... I feel like crying aaaaaaaah 😭

Huuuuu~ T^T Hearing all this backstory makes it hard to hate any of the characters. I still dont like Soo-won, I still don't understand his decision to cast Yona aside.
Thanks for the chapter!

that one panel about il wanting someone who will never betray her and then it's a picture of her and hak,,,,😭 i started crying way too much,,,,

Power Uploader
Remaining straws for Soo-won lovers to grasp:

i. We don't know whether he did indeed read the memoir. I was sure he had till last chapter, but now it seems the memoir went to the castle and never came back. At the very least, I think Soo-won didn't find the letter in the bookmark.
ii. Il was convinced, Yon-hi was convinced, Yona is convinced that Yu-hon had Kashi murdered, but the truth is that all the account is second- or third-hand. We'll have to wait for Hyoo-ri to admit it while engaging Hak in combat to clarify that, but I'm convinced, too.
iii. Whether Soo-won is the one ordering the mobilisation against the Kai Empire. That's a done deal for me. He's too much a Machiavellian schemer (in the bad sense of the expression) to not be the one in control of his own government. And he even said during the Xing campaign that settling that issue would make Kouka strong enough to face Kai.

I guess Soo-won lovers will have to be confronted with the "unstoppable scorching wave of bloodshed" (chapter 12; apparently Kin province wasn't enough) to be convinced. I personally can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread