Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 35 Ch. 200 - No Time left

I completely disagree with the comments saying that the story is worse than before. It's still the same interesting and intricate story I read in the beginning. Things are moving in a pace to establish more background, more meaning, which propels the story forward. Ya'll gotta be patient.

Also, the author works hard to deliver a story like this as well as drawing it, and I don't think they deserve to have their work mocked and diminished. Just my own two cents.

that feeling when advisor kei-shuk unconsciously acknowledges yona as someone who could stand shoulder to shoulder with soo won! it just goes to show how big of a development our yona has undergone.

also, is it me or am i so hakyona deprived that my heart fluttered when he caught her and even pressed his hand on her waist? is it me who's just missing them? HAHAHAHAHA :(

anyway, regarding the comments below... i feel that they're just saying that the development is slow because it is only released twice per month. like the tension or plot seems to move slow when in fact, it's okay. for someone who has binge read this series for 2 days, i don't see anything about the plot being slow. if anything else, it is written at a great pace! the author's storytelling is good. we just need to patiently wait as this is being released twice per month.

Dex-chan lover
@rottenspoiledmango
Yona is literally their god and has a bunch of magical dragon guys to back up that claim. She can damage the Soon-Won's legitimacy easier than he can get hurt them whatsoever. Especially since she's been paraded around very publicly.
I really don't see any risk to them. Yona could just tell Soo-Won "you work for me now" at any time and his hands would be tied. He can't hurt them (like they have one strong dude left and that's it anyways) but also the population wouldn't be very keen on him harming their living god. Any announcement she makes has the weight of divine right. Maybe she can't make the people turn entirely against him (she easily could, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt), but she could publicly undermine his policy decisions by simply proclaiming things to the contrary. Contradicting her would only weaken his authority.
Yona is holding all the cards and for some reason she's acting like a captive? Haven't we seen that plot 5 times already (at least) but with significantly more credibility to the danger?

Dex-chan lover
childhood friends aaaaghh I mean, for Hak not being misunderstood about Soowoon and Yona is a whole LOT trust he had for Yona!!!!!! but the amount of cares for Soowoon really apparent as well!!!! I wish Hak lives long life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is getting better and better. Can you all just enjoy it instead of bickering that it didn't follow the way you want. Of course it doesn't follow all you want because the author want different thing. This is her story. Let her be.

why people say yona is annoying, omg she literally did the smart move to hide the suwon’s condition. If this get out, wht kai empire would have taken advantage of it

@Rozzak I don't get what you are saying. Where did it say, in this whole story, that Yona is a god? She is a reincarnation of the first king?? She is human??? She just has the power of the dragons. The dragons are very strong but Yona isn't a god. Am I missing something?? Also she can't just tell soo-won to "obey her"??? Yona, from the beginning, never wanted to rise to the throne. I would give you chapter numbers but I'm too lazy. Yona said to the dragons that she wanted to BORROW their power to help her and Hak survive. It's also kind of frustrating when you say that the people would just obey her like that. This also all comes down to Yona's character. Everyone in the castle is on Soo-won's side. The generals are on Soo-won's side, (except for the wind tribe maybe). I just don't understand. Yona doesn't have a divine right...she isn't a god. She just has the connection to the dragons due to being a reincarnation. SO yeah....idk what else to say

Dex-chan lover
@rottenspoiledmango
When the founder of your country comes back from the dead with 4 mythical dragons with super powers, they're a defacto deity inseparable from the country itself. This world is an ancient Chinese culture parallel and she has a mandate from the heavens. If George Washington, Napoleon, Lenin, Oda Nobunaga, Mao, reincarnated with a bunch of mystical dragons do you think their countries would depose them?

And I know Yona doesn't want to rise to the throne, but she could easily fuck up Soo-won's legitimacy and is basically untouchable now that she has been set as a mast piece of national honor. I don't know why she's still playing the damsel.

Fed-Kun's army
@spacedesi thank you~ ^^

And

@Rozzak i know you're frustrated with how Yona acts, but imo it all makes sense.. for example:
reincarnated with a bunch of mystical dragons do you think their countries would depose them?
We see a few chapters back during the dragons' tournament thing, but the generals and people trust Soo-won. It frustrate me too, but it thanks to him too that the people didn't think Yona came to do revenge and instead actually came to be Soo-won's fiancee.
The 4 dragons are indeed what they worship. But in front of capable ruler that's right in front of their eyes, imo the country will split again to half just like King il's vs his brother ideology. So the country might not totally depose of them, but it'll make the total politics go bad.. and it's not a good thing with how the surrounding countries wanted war.

And I know Yona doesn't want to rise to the throne, but she could easily fuck up Soo-won's legitimacy
If so, then who'll be the king? The advisor himself already admits the only one equals to soo-won is only Yona. But if Yona don't want the throne but she still drag down Soo-won, then the throne will be left empty.

@Rozzak
She is not playing the damsel. Absolutely not. She is just not resorting to similar methods that Soo-won used to gain the throne. She holds NO INTENTION to use the dragons as a tool for her to show her power. IT HAS BEEN SAID MULTIPLE TIMES IN THIS STORY. History holds a huge part of this country I agree. They would probably not reject Yona if she announced that she was the reincarnation of Hiryuu. But is that her character? Is that what you think is going to be better for the country? What Yona is thinking about is the safety of her companions and the prosperity of the country. The figures you listed held importance in their countries history because they either liberated or brought their country prosperity. They did that because they believed that their country was in a poor state before their influence. Which character comes to mind when you read that? To me, it's soo-won. Yona's journey has shown her how the people did not like her father's rule. She even believes that soo-won, in a way, is strengthening the country. If she were to make a move and fuck up soo-won's legitimacy, would it be for the benefit of the country or just revenge for herself? If she did that, the author would have just thrown away all her development. Fucking up soo-won's legitimacy is not in Yona's interest at the moment nor is it the course that the country needs.

I'm at the point where I'm scared to read more chapters cause I'm going to get frustrated, but its still so good

This chapter has so many misunderstanding flag. And god know how pleased i am that no one misunderstood here

i've read too much romance shoujo manga and manhwa

This Is really well written, all The characters have depht and their desicions are complex, love it

" When the founder of your country comes back from the dead with 4 mythical dragons with super powers, they're a defacto deity inseparable from the country itself. This world is an ancient Chinese culture parallel and she has a mandate from the heavens."

And how would the people know Yona is a reincarantion of Hiryuu?

"If George Washington, Napoleon, Lenin, Oda Nobunaga, Mao, reincarnated with a bunch of mystical dragons do you think their countries would depose them? "

If someone claimed she was the reincarnation of George Washington, we would lock her up as a crazy person.

Wow, there is a whole discourse going on in the comment section but I am honestly just here to admire Hak's sexy brain. What would we do without him being so observant?
He COULD have been your typical shoujo ML who gets the "wrong" idea when Yona rushed off to Soo-won's side, but he's well beyond such silly drama. I stan.

There's so many things I love about this chapter but the fact that Hak was more focused on Soowon's condition (as opposed to Yona running back to Soowon) in that scene is so refreshing.

Fed-Kun's army
it is still an amazing read ! congrats tu the author. It seems the old trio of Hak Suu won and Yona is gonna work together until the end of the war and their conclusion, when suu won leave the country now at peace to Hak and Yona, should he die, which is higly likely because of the crimson illness

Users who are viewing this thread