Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 35 Ch. 200 - No Time left

chapter 200 and it's amazing as ever, i'm still so excited to see where the story goes!

as it's been mentioned before in the comments, some people are being quite unfair with their criticism towards this series. of course everyone can have different opinions, but it doesn't make sense to throw your random expectations into this manga and then get disappointed. it's obviously not about fast-paced, mindless action and forced romance like so many other series out there, so it's better to appreciate it for what it is or just go read something else, honestly.

this chapter is mostly setting up what's coming next, so not many new things to talk about just yet. with that being said, the hakyona moment made my heart flutter and well, there goes the secret lmao. i wonder what hak will do now.

@NightQueen okay, considering you didn't understand the terminology, let me clear it up a little.
Cognitive stage/era: The period of time the elapses when you begin the activity, people are unsure about all the options they have, and are far more curious about the world. They have a lot more interest in all of the possibilities, garnering far more interest.

Associative stage: The 2nd stage of learning, the period of time that most people fail/drop out. At the point, the returns no longer accelerate like they did in the cognitive stage, they build the plot/story in 1 general direction. This loses the interest of a lot of people, which is entirely normal. This portion of the story IS weaker, but that doesn't mean it's bad. That just means it's garnered towards a certain set of people.

The 2 terms are just an analysis of the trends that occur everywhere, it's not a shot against the manga. I'm not sure if you were trying to "establish dominance as a manga reader" over me considering you were the one to recommend reading other things, but I have a challenge for you. Find me a manga that does NOT lose interest as time goes on before reaching it's ultimate climax. It can be anything, from shoujo to hentai, just find me something.

come on am i not allowed to be in love with all three of them?? i'm really hoping suwon gets better and gets to be part of the kingdom moving forward. politics work well when everyone has the same long term goals but different methods, so i don't think the fact that they disagree morally is a problem. i know the haters don't want a redemption by death either anyway, so just keep him alive!!i'm kinda more hyped about hak and suwons relationship than i am about yona with either of them.

Did i read that correctly?? December 19?? YES BABY THATS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!! (a short gap between chapter that is)

@PostImpressionism
haha, in no way was I trying to establish "dominance" over you just because i'm a manga reader. I know about the terminologies you used in your comment before but I was confused on your application to the story. I have only heard those terms be used for learning strategies for young children. A cool application to literature I guess, but every good story goes through an "associative stage" as you say. I don't know what I can say to a person who loses interest over reading the rising action to a story, because that in turn is also part of the story. When you say that, it makes me think you are only here for the action and not the building of the world and the coming events. I can recommend you a lot of works in which you don't lose interest over a long period of time because I as a person appreciate those parts of a story. Just because a story is at a different "era" from the climax does not make it uninteresting. But I guess personal opinions should also be considered, and if someone is uninterested than I will have to respect that. But don't call a story "weak" just because it isn't at a specific stage you believe is more interesting. That undermines the author's writing and their efforts to build a well-written story.

@NightQueen dude te fact of the matter is, all stories have a weak point, or weak tension. Even action-packed stories end up in these weaker situations, where "good" arcs are sandwiched between 2 "amazing" arcs and gets overshadowed. Good example would be Greed Island overshadowed by York New and Chimera Ant. Is the arc still good? YES. But it is weak, compared to the rest of the story.

Applying that same logic here, we just came off of a super high-stake war arc in which we saw our MCs team up with the main antagonist (common cliche. but well done), and are building up into another war. The tension here is not very high in comparison to the past and future, making it a good arc for character building (which is being done well), but overall makes it a weak arc. Not bad by any means, just weak.

@PostImpressionism And what I am trying to say here is that those parts of the story should not be called "weak" just because there is no action or has weak tension. Weak literally means "of low standard". That is undermining the author's work as I said before. If it is still good, you wouldn't call it "weak". An example I can bring up is attack on titan. The story is filled with tense events driven by action. However huge parts of the story contains these "weak" situations that you say exist in which the story is continued to be built. However, no one in their right mind will call it "weak". Reason being is because it adds value to future events.

@NightQueen I've been saying weak arc, not weak story. The story as a whole is strong, and quite interesting, which is why I'm still here. But saying there are no low points in a series is 100% FALSE. Even AoT has its weak points in the plot, where development is slow or character arcs are lopsided. AoT example would be the establishment of Historia's bloodline, the entire buildup to that story before Kenny's entrance was slow and full of exposition.

You said it yourself: "huge parts of the story contains these 'weak' situations". You claim I cannot call it weak because of what happens in the future, but that point is flawed. An even must be considered in and of itself. There's a reason all the greatest works of art (music, film, tv shows, manga, etc) all have a low point in the series. That's to increase the expectations of the buildup and the gravitas of the climax. If you find a story with no low points and think it's "absolutely amazing", I'm sure people would think you're out of your mind as well.

Tense events driven by actions doesn't always mean strong. Stories that are pure action need some form of break or filler in between in order to keep up that action. Imagine if Haikyuu was just match after match... there's tension and action everywhere. But the entire series would fall through the gutter and be unimaginably weak.

@PostImpressionism I think this is where you and I will differ on opinion and will not change our minds. I do not think any part of AoT was "weak" even the explanation of Historia's bloodline and the buildup to Kenny's entrance. Development isn't slow it's just information given to you in scenarios like basic conversations and other forms of communication. The difference between Haikyuu and these stories is that one is a series that is heavily focused on one aspect. For Haikyuu, it is volleyball and every plot point is surrounded by that fact. Stories like this are not focused on one aspect or idealogy but instead a story about another "world" or universe that has to have explanation. That's why some people are more attracted to action or sports series than series like these. My point here is that I do not believe any of these situations or arcs are 'weaker' than another. It's another form of storytelling that doesn't involve the tension or action that other arcs have. You said it right there, "stories that are pure action need some form of break or filler in between to keep up that action". What I am disagreeing with you here is the fact that you call these parts 'weak'. They are not weak in my opinion, but I don't know if you will understand what I am saying. I agree with you that there are low point in series, but automatically calling an arc that is used for worldbuilding and development through forms other than action 'weak' does not sit right with me.

Somebody saying that the manga is not as good as it was started a war. Don't think about it and just enjoy the new chapter

YESSS hak big brain! but it also disadvantage to him lol bc if they found out that he had found out abt the crimson illness then well ...

I think I have been reading too many crappy webtoon series that have the "alpha male" in them. I mean at the end when Hak is sitting dejectedly- I thought he was sad that Yona rushed away from him to help Soo-Won. Lol like a true (one time) friend AND NON-jerk ML he understood what his priorities should be
As for me....welp!😣😓

Users who are viewing this thread