Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 35 Ch. 201 - Gloom

Dex-chan lover
I agree translator, the author is dragging this out for unnecessary drama. If she wanted a good reason to send hak to the front lines there were plenty of less stupid ways to go about it.

Well i don't actually understand the complaints. I mean this is just how this manga is...
Yeah normally people (esp. people with influence) gets scared of eyes (or looks), gets stunned when talked back to right?!...
Akatsuki no Yona was never a masterpiece of world building and characters and the idea of good and evil. And it's fine since it's a shoujo or since this have been how the things were for the past 200 chapters......... But it's still very good with it's openings and all... So what's the deal exactly?
But about the plot armor, Hak has proved himself as a commander in the battle with sen province and as it happens they're about to go to war... Oh and Yona has gain respect of the adviser proving herself useful (also this chap serves for that as well btw) and still has the leverage of having 4 dragons... YES they could show how yona found out or how hak wasn't killed BUT, as a shoujo, this manga attracts people mostly by romance etc.. So as not to slow the story down (or lose audience) they have to leave somethings behind...

can we just kill off Suwon and his crew. I literally am unable to sympathize with any of them. 😴

I'm so glad to see how great and bad-ass Yona turned into.

And I can't stop smiling after seeing both of them together again. ❤️

@Kendama Thank you for the explanation. Actually, I read the Evil Twins' scanlation only. Obviously I haven't caught this reference to chapter 196. In both cases it doesn't sound right to me, but I'm no native.

Power Uploader
@basbas That metaphor isn't usual in either English or Japanese. In both languages, the person has to stop and think. Quite a clunky thing to translate, in my opinion. Maybe LM&GS got it better? I dunno.

GODDAMIT I HAVE BEEN READING THIS MANGA FOR LIKE 8 YEARS, MORE THAN A THIRD OF MY LIFE JUST TO SEE THESE TWO GETTING MARRIED
HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT

@Kendama I'm comparing ch 196, p29. Where Evil Scans have "I'm close with Yona, but I think it's mistaken to put that box up first place.", Little Miss Scans have "I'm friends with Yona but... to put that above all else would be wrong, I think". They skip the awkward box metaphor and, in my opinion, this sentence has a better flow. In any case in my understanding, aside from using "put up" as a phrasal verb, "put up" describes a movement itself, compared to "put in/on/at/above" etc., which describe where something is/was positioned. If that makes sense.

finally they kiss again! how long? how long i need wait to see they get married? ;------------------------------------;

But seriously though, Hak is such a refreshing MC that actually thinks hard and not overly f*cking dense. Props

Users who are viewing this thread