Akatsuki no Yona

I really like how this arc was presented through the point of view of Su Won's mother. I honestly feel so bad for her because she is so torn from the two sides -- she just wants everybody to get along and feels that the separation of the brothers was because of her in the first place. Sad sad

I think y'all missed the point. Yes King il reign was not that good because he was preparing for the future. He was preparing until Yona the crimison dragon fully awaken. Everything was meant to happened that is why he put Hak beside her. Suwon dont want to rely on gods yet he is interested and keeps the dragons with him lol

@Kendama,perhaps, but the book was specially put away in a box and it was brought to the office after king Il's death. Given that it's a memoir of his deceased mother, I think it's highly likely that he read it.

Theory: King Il and Suwon are both doing everything in preparation for Yona to become Queen, albeit by different means.

I believe that King Il purposefully gave away land to make Kouka look weak until Yona was ready with the dragons to ascend the throne. Then like the King Hiryuu legend, she’ll go on conquests to get back that land and instill fear into neighbouring territories. A small period of King Il’s reign looking weak, will ultimately yield great benefit long term if the aforementioned plan goes through.

Suwon, knowing of King Il’s plan for Yona decides to do it for her for 2 reasons. 1) the irony that he is a descendant of King Hiryuu yet can not achieve the powers the dragons thus he is doing everything King Hiryuu did without the dragons. This lines up with the potential influence from his Lord Yuhon’s detest for worship of the dragons and King Hiryuu as well as to fight against the irony of his fate of succumbing to the Red Dragon Disease 2) because he cares for Yona and doesn’t wish to see her led wars where lives will be lost so he’s carrying out King Il’s plan and will just hand over Kouka at its peak glory over to Yona. This lines up with the fact Suwon doesn’t wish to be King for long, but just enough to achieve his goal of making Kouka great again. Also, he’s not overly ambitious, he only goes so far as to reclaim what was lost.

As my eyes avoid the comments below mine. I’m just back to see how’s many chapters have been uploaded since 5 months ago. And lmao I guess I’ll be reading this years later cuz I can’t stop anymore. It’s too good.

I am totally new to reading manga, as I normally prefer watching anime, but in this case I just had to continue with Akatsuki no Yona, it is honestly just so good.
But my question is about the releasing of next chapters, the next one will be released 5th October as stated at the bottom of the last page, correct ? 😅

Story gettin interesting with every chap. I thought we are going to learn why King Il killed Sowon's father and learned he killed Yona's mother and Sowoon killed king Il. Lol. The thing that I don't get if Sowon cares Yona why did he try to kill her at first? And now So woon will die because of his blood so is he planning to gave the throne to Yona and Hak? And I'm not hating Sowon he has his reasons for killing king Il and he did really good things for the country. I want Sowon will be happy and live nicely he deserve it. Four dragons are so cool but they may leave when everything settled or when after Yona died. Story is currently so good. And is there a schedule for posting?

@Athanasia666, the reason Su Won tried to kill Yona at the start was because she witnessed who murdered her father. In that case she was a witness and could put off Su Won’s plans.

This is written so good. The story is awesome and I really will say that I am an avid fan. I wish there would be another season of anime for this. I love this! I can’t wait for the next chapter.

And I would give my big thanks and kudos to the person/s translating this beautiful story and art.

King Il was heroic for me even though he knew everyone does not want him as King he still sit to the throne to protect his people since his brother was ruthless. He proctected the people who mock him and he faced his death bravely while trying to proctect his daughter yet no one knew his sacrifices😭😭😭💔💔💔

He was the strongest character in this manga

It's really interesting to read the early chapters in light of the more recent revelations. It puts a very different spin on the early interactions.

There’s one line I don’t understand—that Soo-won said he “would not put Yona’s box up”—what does that mean? Anyone? I can get the gist of course, but wasn’t sure what that was referring to exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread