Akebi-chan no Sailor Fuku - Vol. 13 Ch. 73 - That's Not What I Meant

Dex-chan lover
Girls are crushing on other girls in YuruYuri. We just dont know what these exact feelings of Akebi are. It could all just be for the play. We just dont know yet. Im an yuri elitist and would wish for it to be yuri but we just dont know yet. So the tag is misleading.
one one hand, i get what you saying, it doesn't actual confirm yet like for 100%
on other hand, don't need to be so trauma and be that cautious. Despite i saw many cop out in yuri before and have take it all into account. Mark my word, this would be the dumpest move if mangaka cop out. This will be yuri, belive it.
Just have faith, mate. Akebi said "it is not act".
If it not, we can just go riot them together :bocchiwave:

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
What are you even talking about? Are you stupid? As long as Erika wears the ponytail, it can be argued she and Akebi are in character for the play. We just dont know yet if these are their real feelings, so chapters like 71 can very well be seen as if its just part of the training for the play. Please, the fuck is happening in these forums? People seem to get dumber by each year.

Yes, what is method acting. Akebi is in search for what it means to love, so she tries her best to find it. Its one of the fucking themes right now. Hell, we dont even know how Akebi defines love for Erika. Why do i have to keep ignoring people like you to make this place usab
What are you even talking about? Are you stupid? As long as Erika wears the ponytail, it can be argued she and Akebi are in character for the play. We just dont know yet if these are their real feelings, so chapters like 71 can very well be seen as if its just part of the training for the play. Please, the fuck is happening in these forums? People seem to get dumber by each year.

Yes, what is method acting. Akebi is in search for what it means to love, so she tries her best to find it. Its one of the fucking themes right now. Hell, we dont even know how Akebi defines love for Erika. Why do i have to keep ignoring people like you to make this place usable?
This is the textbook example of how homophobia lobotomizes your brain and takes away your media literacy

Banned
one one hand, i get what you saying, it doesn't actual confirm yet like for 100%
on other hand, don't need to be so trauma and be that cautious. Despite i saw many cop out and i have take it all into account. Mark my word, this would be the dumpest move if mangaka cop out. This will be yuri, belive it.
Just have faith, mate. Akebi said "it is not act".
If it not, we can just go riot them together :bocchiwave:
Believe me, the moment the play is over and both confirm their feelings for each other, i will download Akebi and add it to my yurimanga folder. I am just not trusting it because
"As long as Erika wears the ponytail, it can be argued she and Akebi are in character for the play. We just dont know yet if these are their real feelings, so chapters like 71 can very well be seen as if its just part of the training for the play"
This is the textbook example of how homophobia lobotomizes your brain and takes away your media literacy
Twitter is that way.

Dex-chan lover
"As long as Erika wears the ponytail, it can be argued she and Akebi are in character for the play.
Yeah that can be argued, it'd be a pretty shit argument though that ignores the the meaning of the play and the surrounding context/how she's been previously

Fed-Kun's army
Believe me, the moment the play is over and both confirm their feelings for each other, i will download Akebi and add it to my yurimanga folder. I am just not trusting it because
"As long as Erika wears the ponytail, it can be argued she and Akebi are in character for the play. We just dont know yet if these are their real feelings, so chapters like 71 can very well be seen as if its just part of the training for the play"

Twitter is that way.
Tf you mean? I don't even use Twitter lmao. You should take your schizo pills you sounds super paranoid lol

Banned
Yeah that can be argued, it'd be a pretty shit argument though that ignores the the meaning of the play and the surrounding context/how she's been previously
What is your counterargument besides your shallow "they said it so i take it at face value and ignore everything else going on"? All you did was just talking shit to me without ever making one good argument against the ponytail symbolism. Im waiting. Make ONE good argument against this "shitty" one of mine. I am always open to change my mind.

Group Leader
What is your counterargument besides your shallow "they said it so i take it at face value and ignore everything else going on"? All you did was just talking shit to me without ever making one good argument against the ponytail symbolism. Im waiting. Make ONE good argument against this "shitty" one of mine. I am always open to change my mind.
The argument is that Komichi and Erika got a full-page color spread dedicated to their romantic pool dive and then after an arc trying to figure out what love is she declared she wants to be with Erika forever

Banned
The argument is that Komichi and Erika got a full-page color spread dedicated to their romantic pool dive and then after an arc trying to figure out what love is she declared she wants to be with Erika forever
You are so stupid i dont even know where to begin. Reread the manga. Also dont quote me anymore.

Dex-chan lover
This entire arc is about Akebi understanding what love is with it starting with her and Erika doing a confession scene for the club in the church where Chiarashi pointed out Akebi's confession wasn't romantic, when Kojou initially wrote the play it wasn't just about two people falling in love it was about an idol (Akebi) and a pianist (Erika) falling in love, the entire play is an allegory for Akebi and Erika exploring and coming to understand their feelings for each other, like a very on the nose one. With specific regards to your point about the ponytail symbolism, Erika wasn't wearing her hair in a ponytail when in chapter 56 Erika suggests she completely take on her role and Akebi responds that she will fall in love for real, nor is Erika wearing a ponytail in the next chapter when they act out a fairly romantic scene, nor is Erika wearing a ponytail in chapter 66 when Akebi asks Erika to watch her and tell her if she touched her heart.

Erika only puts her hair up in chapter 69, and that chapter isn't her changing her look in order to do method acting or whatever, it's her making a change to push her to be able to create her own song, her own direct expression of her desire for the two of them to be together, both on stage and off of it, as she feels she needs to come into her own form in order to be able to stand together with Akebi and not just on stage. Like chapter 69 itself ends with a pseudo confession, Erika wanting to write a song that encapsulates Akebi, and Akebi wanting to create a dance for Erika in return, them wanting to create for each other, not for the play, like seriously its a really obvious confession allegory.

For the ponytail symbolism to actually work as a means of "this is only acting, they do not feel this way for real", it would require both the play itself to be entirely different to as not be an allegory for them falling in love and coming to understand that love and for their previous scenes of play practice and near confessing to include the ponytail/the only previous chapter with the ponytail to at all follow the same symbolism. So, with that, even without the context of the entire rest of the manga showing them taking much more special interest in each other than others, the idea of the ponytail symbolism just doesn't hold up. So there's two good arguments, hope your satisfied

Banned
This entire arc is about Akebi understanding what love is with it starting with her and Erika doing a confession scene
So far so good.
Erika wasn't wearing her hair in a ponytail when in chapter 56 Erika suggests she completely take on her role and Akebi responds that she will fall in love for real, nor is Erika wearing a ponytail in the next chapter when they act out a fairly romantic scene, nor is Erika wearing a ponytail in chapter 66 when Akebi asks Erika to watch her and tell her if she touched her heart.
It doesn't mean their "method acting" began the moment Erika put up the ponytail. Other than that, just look at chapter 71 page 7, when Erika says "I wont be able to stay this close and touch you much longer". How would you imply it given the context of the play? Are these just dialogue they train? Or are these also Erika's true feelings? Erika knows that the play is a pretext, and a good chance, to get closer to Akebi. I do kind of think Erika is in love (ai, not koi) with Akebi and Erika has a firm understanding of her love to her.

On the other hand, we do not know 100% what shape Akebi's love takes for Erika. She can very well be serious in her love for Erika as a friend or in admiration (koi, not ai). This one-sided crush would otherwise warrant a yuri tag, would it not be for the actual chapters about girls having some kind of crush on another be so sparse. The girls' love tag here, in my opinion, has no meaning other than better searchability. After all, there is plenty of manga with Girls' love tags on here that are not yuri and i know many western readers have a problem wrapping their head around this matter.
Erika only puts her hair up in chapter 69, and that chapter isn't her changing her look in order to do method acting or whatever
I love how you disgregard the rest. Erika not only puts up a ponytail, she changes her clothing completely. Shirt, pants, ponytail. She looks boy-ish exactly why? Think about it. Who is the play about? This is not just her getting serious. This is a trope often seen in yuri.
For the ponytail symbolism to actually work as a means of "this is only acting, they do not feel this way for real", it would require both the play itself to be entirely different
If you followed until now you will understand why this does not check out. I see the points you are making, i just can not agree with them. Not because i want to be right ( i want you to be right) but because i am just not convinced.

Lastly, if we look at official channels, Akebi-chan no sailor fuku is not tagged as yuri (yet). Do i wish it to be yuri (between Erika and Akebi)? YES. Do i know better than to pass judgement when the author left open a backdoor they can backtrack from yuri? "Oh, it was all just a play" as in "it was just a phase". No, i know indeed better. I hope you better understand why i am reluctant to call this yuri (yet).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If you followed until now you will understand why this does not check out. I see the points you are making, i just can not agree with them. Not because i want to be right ( i want you to be right) but because i am just not convinced.
Well, I can't say I agree with your points, they don't convince me at all and I'm far too tired to go through all of that with specific points. I'd say if you followed until now you'd understand why this is all very obviously yuri with obvious crushes that justify it more than necessary (and you do agree that's what Erika feels at least), so yeah...

Banned
Well, I can't say I agree with your points, they don't convince me at all and I'm far too tired to go through all of that with specific points. I'd say if you followed until now you'd understand why this is all very obviously yuri with obvious crushes that justify it more than necessary (and you do agree that's what Erika feels at least), so yeah...
You know, i atleast appreciate you typing out your opinion on this matter and i always respect someone that puts this much heart into yuri to write a whole paragraph like you did. So i always do my best to sincerely respond to it. Mind you, i hate the current western yuri fandom, because i feel like they are way too ideological and dont understand where the gay and the yuri meet.

Manga was a liberal medium almost since its creation, but people see it through a progressive zeitgeist lens i just cant agree with. I am not saying that i would categorize you to be part of that because i dont know enough about you. But what i do know is that you are invested and love yuri. So i appreciate that. I hope you see the same in me, because there is no genre i love more than yuri.

Dex-chan lover
You know, i atleast appreciate you typing out your opinion on this matter and i always respect someone that puts this much heart into yuri to write a whole paragraph like you did. So i always do my best to sincerely respond to it. Mind you, i hate the current western yuri fandom, because i feel like they are way too ideological and dont understand where the gay and the yuri meet.

Manga was a liberal medium almost since its creation, but people see it through a progressive zeitgeist lens i just cant agree with. I am not saying that i would categorize you to be part of that because i dont know enough about you. But what i do know is that you are invested and love yuri. So i appreciate that. I hope you see the same in me, because there is no genre i love more than yuri.
I appreciate it, but frankly I see you as someone who is really pedantic about yuri in an annoying way that seems to greatly limit the ways and amount you can actually appreciate the genre (and pedantic in like, a bad gatekeeping way, how you define yuri seems whack based on what I've seen you say previously). Like you got a ton of conviction but you're also stuck up on ideological stuff, like not liking whatever "progressive zeitgeist lens" doesn't mean shit besides refusing to engage with the actual progressive and other political themes that are actually present within a number of yuri manga. Idk, makes me feel like you love an imagined ideal of the genre and get mad when other people engage with it differently.

Idk, could be nice to talk more in not the comments of Akebi-chan, I do love talking about yuri a ton after all, but either way I do hope you chill out and open yourself up to other ideas at some point.

Banned
I appreciate it, but frankly I see you as someone who is really pedantic about yuri in an annoying way that seems to greatly limit the ways and amount you can actually appreciate the genre (and pedantic in like, a bad gatekeeping way, how you define yuri seems whack based on what I've seen you say previously). Like you got a ton of conviction but you're also stuck up on ideological stuff, like not liking whatever "progressive zeitgeist lens" doesn't mean shit besides refusing to engage with the actual progressive and other political themes that are actually present within a number of yuri manga. Idk, makes me feel like you love an imagined ideal of the genre and get mad when other people engage with it differently.

Idk, could be nice to talk more in not the comments of Akebi-chan, I do love talking about yuri a ton after all, but either way I do hope you chill out and open yourself up to other ideas at some point.
I just know what yuri is and its roots, wich many here dont. I read yuri for over 16 years now and i am very elitist, yes. My opinions on this genre are nothing controversial and are shared broadly once you get into specific circles that call themselves yuri otaku.

And gatekeeping needs to be done otherwise you get strange people mixed in that do neither understand 2D nor yuri. They end up here not for the love of 2D, anime and yuri manga but for the love of real life lesbianism and other stuff. Which i would have not that much of a problem with if those people would not be filled with dumb, ignorant, toxic trash. The result will be people screeching about Oneexloli yuri, screching about Teacherxstudent yuri, or screeching about incest yuri. I bet you have seen it all, too, just in the last two weeks here.
You would think these are some kind of old-fashioned religious prudes finding out about drawn gay girls but the exact opposite is the case. The quality and discussion of especially yuri on here took a huge nosedive over the past few years.

Dex-chan lover
I just know what yuri is and its roots, wich many here dont. I read yuri for over 16 years now and i am very elitist, yes. My opinions on this genre are nothing controversial and are shared broadly once you get into specific circles that call themselves yuri otaku.

And gatekeeping needs to be done otherwise you get strange people mixed in that do neither understand 2D nor yuri. They end up here not for the love of 2D, anime and yuri manga but for the love of real life lesbianism and other stuff. Which i would have not that much of a problem with if those people would not be filled with dumb, ignorant, toxic trash. The result will be people screeching about Oneexloli yuri, screching about Teacherxstudent yuri, or screeching about incest yuri. I bet you have seen it all, too, just in the last two weeks here.
You would think these are some kind of old-fashioned religious prudes finding out about drawn gay girls but the exact opposite is the case. The quality and discussion of especially yuri on here took a huge nosedive over the past few years.
Yeah uh, that hard splitting of 2D/anime/yuri manga and real life lesbianism is just, dumb as shit. A fair amount of both yuri mangaka and readers are lesbians (like, in Japan (it's something like 30%), Idk American stats) and that very much effects the genre, if you're unwilling to accept/understand the connection between them then that's just, dumb.

Banned
Yeah uh, that hard splitting of 2D/anime/yuri manga and real life lesbianism is just, dumb as shit
I am not "hard splitting" it. I feel like you want to misunderstand me. And japanese yuri readers usually have a better understanding of the medium, unlike the western readers. Anyways, if you dont have anything else to add, i would end the discussion here.

Dex-chan lover
My daughter said that looking back at middle school she realized that the feelings she had for her friend were not just friendship. At the time she never had romantic feelings for anyone so the feelings confused her. She said that they were talking and suddenly she felt all fluttery and thought her friend was just so pretty. Her and her best friend are now planning their wedding. Swords will be involved somehow. It will be interesting to see.

Double-page supporter
Its here guys, im all in with all the ship author is giving us
OBVIOUSLY ALL IN AS LONG ITS NOT A FCKIN BAIT

Users who are viewing this thread