Akebi-chan no Sailor Fuku

It's such a heartwarming manga, really hopeful and full of fluff. I can see why it's tagged as "ecchi" but it never is ecchi. There's a choreography in the way the characters are drawn, it's either straight up beautiful like when she runs or dances, or it's just bodies. Come on, just because they're taking bathes doesn't make it sexual...

Dex-chan lover
Why isn't any chapter shown as read by me? Lol, I even remember discussing this 10-15 chapters ago.

@mug3n In your description, this innocent manga suddenly starts to look very creepy like fetish stuff lol.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan

I have been too many years around manga, anime and japanese culture and I can't avoid identifying certain trends I see in cultural products. Not that I'm saying it is like that 100%, but having witnessed a throng of cases like that I can't avoid that thought.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan

And as I said, I don't deny that, is just there are some tendencies in this scene and I can't help but question them.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan

I meant scene as a part of the culture environment of manga and anime. The characteristics, the themes and so on. For example, we tend to see tease or full incest as a plot or as a device, romantic, dramatic or comedic and we can get more or less accustomed to expect that while outside here is repulsive. The little sister who develops feelings for her oniichan and is used as a source of comedy in some harem romcoms definetly is something you wouldn't use outside manga and expect to be accepted as it is here.

Dex-chan lover
I think this author doesnt know how girls normally interact. And not middle schoolers. He should talk to more women for reference tbh.

...I mean if its slice of life, maybe what guys thinks angel girls act like. But as a girl i must say the character interactions lack depth. It breaks the suspension of belief.

Good job for the realistic skirt lengths and the cast looks different.
It may be pointless to reply to a four-year-old post, but I thought this was insightful (the whole thing, though I only quoted part of it).

While Akebi-chan no Sailor Fuku seems to concern the lives of female middle schoolers, I doubt mangaka Hiro worries too much about the authenticity of his characterizations. I say that because, so far as I can tell, this series is a vehicle for sexualized images of young girls.

It's a mainstream commercial product created by a male artist for consumption by male lolicons. Given that context, it makes sense that Hiro would veer away from realistic representation toward an idealized male fantasy of girlhood. To the extent that the audience could even tell the difference, I suspect they'd tend to prefer the latter.

Of course, this means that Akebi-chan will hit very differently for readers outside the target demographic. Personally, I found what I read of it rather dull. 100% agree about the skirts tho ;)

Last edited:
I see that a few perverts people keep focusing on the "sexual" part in the comment sections and can't even appreciate the story and the art of this piece since they keep on just trash talking this manga. If you do more "research" there are a lot more mangas categorized as safe in this website that have done worse fanservice than what you hypocrites have been bitching around about since the first chapter. So, please just kindly remove yourself from the comment sections of this manga, thank you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread