Akebi-chan no Sailor Fuku

I think this author doesnt know how girls normally interact. And not middle schoolers. He should talk to more women for reference tbh.

Middle school girls dont interact this way though.. Theyre too nice or too shallow in here.. And its just off. It feels superficial rather than wholesome.

So if youre a girl and read this, the art is beautiful but the interactions feels super forced. Some parts like the lips part of the cover feels kinda eh? Middle school girls dont do that, so that im not even sure they understand their sexual appeal to the extent of subtleness the author is trying to convey. In short..

Middle schoolgirls are idiots. Seriously.

And they can be crass or jokeful. But the author tries to point it to subtle sexual cues in which in their age, they are more likely to be rebellious in other senses. You dont need to go to asobi asobase level, but seriously.

Liking uniforms is true its cute for girls i general so the central part is fine. But, i just feel how the other classmates view the main chara is unrealistic. Its like they all just become buddy buddy, while shes weird af at first. Like weird. Beautiful protag is not enough to suddenly convert them to friends. The progression is not natural.

Stellar art but its like women writing about schoolboys are often unrealistic and too idealized, this too suffers the same. It lacks the realism to convey the slice of life it intended to.

I mean if its slice of life, maybe what guys thinks angel girls act like. But as a girl i must say the character interactions lack depth. It breaks the suspension of belief.

Good job for the realistic skirt lengths and the cast looks different.

People who criticize this manga by saying "its not realistic" are stupid

Its supposed to be weirdly beautiful and childish, not everything suppose to be based on real life smh

Dex-chan lover
@Yasaine

But that is also a problem (or a feature depending on how you look at it given the intention) with many other mangas where regular daily interaction is the base, is just a idealization.

You can see how he really takes after magazine girls, the way they pose, the faces they have, the way they look like with other people in the same frame... And I think what he does is part from the cover girl premise and extend it through his own ideal, which we don't really know if he is a grounded person just giving life to his fantasy or an unsocial otaku who is just doing escapism, and sadly the last is usually the correct answer, but who are we to judge.

This manga is escapism for men, there is no other intention and is clear in that regard. I don't know how legitimate is asking it to be grounded in reality, but is also true that other people who don't know or can't imagine how things really are can be deceived by a fantasy. And this matter a question I make myself regarding majority of mangas around romance or human interaction, does it come from an artist fantasy projection for some sort of fullfilment for him and his audience or does he believe what he writes and just want things to be like that and are we aware all of what is happening?

Which a lot of people would dismiss because how can you form an opinion based on a manga, but when you don't really have other place to look or never visited this idea it can really form an opinion on you based on it, and pile over pile makes a mound. Knowing a little more about japanese culture and watching comments around this site and other anime communities confirmed it to me.

But hey look, cute pinup girls draw realistic.

@mug3n Yeah idealization can actually boost its enjoyment value. But like you said the market target is for men anyways, so theres not much point to make it more enjoyble for girls. Idk I just find its a shame with such a great art --something just stops it from being a slice of life both girls and boys enjoy like K-ON. (e.g.: "why do i feel i cant recommend this to people" comments)

Dex-chan lover
@yasaine

Yeah, this is for what it is, and there is always KO-N, Yurucamp and those kind of fluffy mangas for everyone to enjoy. As for the art, I suppose you don't reach that grade of uncanny valley mix with manga style unless you have a fixation or fetish. Is not like an Asano Inio realistic art type, it's like he picks what manga does in terms of fetish and draws it as realistic as possible, it's strange.

there's something about this series can't put my finger on it. I guess it's just too much of a slice of life with nothing really going on. K-On tier but with better art imo. Like that the dude or dudette fetish comes out tho. gonna put this on hold for now.

usually i'm not into all girls manga, after reading this series.. i think there is something growing in me.. D:
i dont know, the characters movement seems so real and fluid, some expressions are weird and lil bit too much, but it translates really well..

Great art, great character design, great "non-story". 10/10 Imma turn myself in to the police now. (I blame Akebi-chan pinching her lips like her favorite idol)

Ore

Dex-chan lover
Screw it. I ordered the first volume in Italian. If I like it I will buy the rest because they are dirt cheap at 6.50€.

The art is so good, so why the ecchi stuff. Is that really the only way to get people to read this? What a waste.

For an ecchi with this setting, the manga is rather tame. Almost makes me wonder why it has an Ecchi tag in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
I see why it's tagged 'seinen'
because it's for grown-up to see things they never had, nice healthy school life and happy family

Users who are viewing this thread