Akuma wa Rozario ni Kiss o suru - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Japan loves to use gendered terms as agendered, like in Fate/ where being a woman isn't incompatible with being a king. So in that context no, witch is correct.
Yep, Warlock, like wyll in BG3, but maybe is using the term Witch because The Witcher

Dex-chan lover
Yep, Warlock, like wyll in BG3, but maybe is using the term Witch because The Witcher
I mean, the term witch by itself isn't incorrect at all.

Warlock being used as a unisex term to all contract holders for their power (be they fiendish in origin or not), is a DnD thing which then got popular because of it.

Witch is in fact the correct term (at least for women) having a contract with devils according to Christian lore, which is what this manga is very clearly using there, and has less to do with the witcher than it has with well, Christian mythos in general.

Dex-chan lover
"a sword?where did she take that out?"......mate, you're so clueless; ofc from her in-between-the-breasts pocket dimension, like every other female prota...

Dex-chan lover
This feels a lot like the classic formula of the harem supernatural battle manga that was so popular last decade (damn, saying it like this makes me feel old). Been a while since I read one of these, lately it's been all Isekai, normal romcoms or just straight up fantasy. Can't wait to see where it goes.

Supporter
Throwing your newly summoned magic sword is supposed to be a last-resort move, not the first thing you do!

Dex-chan lover
Man this feels nostalgic. Like something from 10-13 years ago. I’m kind of here for it though. Sometimes you just want the ecchi battle harem fast food.

Double-page supporter
"We've Been Tricked, We've Been Backstabbed and We've Been, Quite Possibly, Bamboozled!" - Sarge (Red Vs Blue)

Double-page supporter
Might controls everything. And without strength you can not protect anything. Let alone yourself. Now go and get more power MC 🫠

Users who are viewing this thread