Akuma wa Rozario ni Kiss o suru - Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
the moment i saw chapter 2, i can be sure it will gonna be axed.
and boy, they really did.

each chapter has rushed development, even the jump on chapter 2 alone is too high (bro suddenly cooking like nothing after being told he sold his soul to a devil when he almost being eaten by other devil). i expecting he shocked of the truth from last scene in chapter 1 but i guess it the hint, this gonna be axed or just for advertisement for LN or something

Dex-chan lover
The way I see it, the series got the news of the the axe after chapter 6.

The author probably wanted to add him getting romantic with the two demons, helping and getting closer to the human girl romantically, and helping the other demons and making them his allies.

There would have been a slow reveal of the fmc goal over the series and culminating in a final battle against her. Instead we got this.

Dex-chan lover
One of the manga of all time. Not exactly enjoyable, just a mishmash of different genres with poor execution carried by fan service
I've seen far worse series go for way longer. This wasn't anything amazing, but axe after 6 chapters? jesus

Dex-chan lover
Exorcist genre is over saturated including one with tons of ecchi. The art looks amateurish by professional standard, some r18 artists are way better. The story is run of the mill and there's nothing special. The characters are not unique at all nor executed well as a trope characters. So it's not a surprise that it's not popular at all.
At least there's Jackal from Nikke cosplay in the last chapter

Dex-chan lover
It didn't, it sold fairly well and was pretty popular, always high in rankings.
Most likely there was another reason behind the cancellation.
The physical copy of Vol. 1 sold just 2,300 in February, which was awful for a first volume. It ranked as the second-worst, not only in Young Dragon Age but across the Dragon branch. Other titles from YDA that month sold 2-3 times that, or even more, like Tensei Coliseum 3, which hit 26k. What happened to the only series that did worse that month from YDA? Same fate.

Now, you can find YDA titles which did poorly in nearby month like Black General-san 11 in January (2.1k), Kenshi wo Mezashite 14 in March (1.4k), or Kaijuu Iro no Shima 2, which did worse. But here's the thing: one is already established, with a solid online presence, and an English version even. The other, while currently not doing great, is from a solid LN and has had a solid run overall. And the third is by a well-known mangaka, which can get you some leg before the axe. (There are more, but most are a repeat of these, and this text is too long already)

This manga had none of that, and lacked any significant online presence.

When Vol. 1 released, it ranked awful on digital platforms (At least the ones I checked then, as it was the across the board release date), to this day has almost no reviews in them, and has had no buzz on social media either. Just check out the sad reception of the Vol. 1 tweet. Of course, these are all vague, but you can notice a trend if they all tell the same tale.

If we talk about the App, which is where this manga was doing "OK", we have to consider that there are free chapters, and that this alone, on Young Dragon Age, usually won't be enough.

As for first volumes, there’s little to compare from YDA. In January, Densetsu no Ore Vol. 1 sold 9.8k with a strong online presence, a healthy start compared to this. (In March and April, there were no Vol. 1 releases I believe.)

Most other low sales Vol. 1 series that doesn’t belong to this magazine, but to the Dragon branch, have now been axed (like Ponkotsu Ojou-sama from Dra Dra Sharp, Vol.1 released in January), were in magazines where they can survive with low numbers for a bit longer, like Dra Dra Flat, or fits what I just mentioned. For example, Yomega Kiss 1 from Dra Dra Sharp sold only 2.4k physical copies in March but has somewhat of an online and digital presence. You can see this by checking reviews, online reception, and buzz. Like the reception of the tweet for Vol. 1, not the best, but it's something at least (TBS, Vol .2 of this recently tracked bad).

Ultimately, a manga can survive poor sales if the mangaka is established, the series finds success elsewhere, how fast it can recover from a low point thanks to its release format or the genre it belongs, or simply by luck; there are always exceptions. But even a decent online ranking can only do so much when the series struggles from the start, and even then, it's not like it was a super top ranker.
(Also, I'm not an expert at this, so I could simply be missing something)

Last edited:
Power Uploader
I've seen way more boring (by Japanese standards) series continue for a long time. The story is definitely not why it was cancelled.

When you read this you can actually tell the mangaka had a lot of things planned. Damn, I kinda feel for him.

Dex-chan lover
Well, not surprised it got axed. Honestly this manga kind of sucks. There is way too many far better, better drawn, ecchi manga with a similar premise.

Dex-chan lover
I sad this got axed, because if they had extended this plot to its fullest potential it would have been a hell of a manga.
Although a person raising others to eventually kill them is a bit cliche at this point, but it could have been done very well here.
Maybe if we're lucky the author will get another shot to produce an amazing manga.
But the magna industry is hostly rather ruthless.

Thanks for the translations LHTranslation

MD@Home
Premise was nice but everything that wasn't Alicia's tits was drawn poorly by industry standards. Also the art in the first fight scene with xiangshi-chan was harder to follow than it should be for something that would feature battle scenes more often than not.

Not my intent to knock the author (I certainly can't draw worth a damn) but I get the feeling they specialized in sketching boobs and nun fetish stuff and figured it could carry an entire battle harem story. Oh well, it was a decent ride while it lasted.

Thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
The physical copy of Vol. 1 sold just 2,300 in February, which was awful for a first volume. It ranked as the second-worst, not only in Young Dragon Age but across the Dragon branch. Other titles from YDA that month sold 2-3 times that, or even more, like Tensei Coliseum 3, which hit 26k. What happened to the only series that did worse that month from YDA? Same fate.

Now, you can find YDA titles which did poorly in nearby month like Black General-san 11 in January (2.1k), Kenshi wo Mezashite 14 in March (1.4k), or Kaijuu Iro no Shima 2, which did worse. But here's the thing: one is already established, with a solid online presence, and an English version even. The other, while currently not doing great, is from a solid LN and has had a solid run overall. And the third is by a well-known mangaka, which can get you some leg before the axe. (There are more, but most are a repeat of these, and this text is too long already)

This manga had none of that, and lacked any significant online presence.

When Vol. 1 released, it ranked awful on digital platforms (At least the ones I checked then, as it was the across the board release date), to this day has almost no reviews in them, and has had no buzz on social media either. Just check out the sad reception of the Vol. 1 tweet. Of course, these are all vague, but you can notice a trend if they all tell the same tale.

If we talk about the App, which is where this manga was doing "OK", we have to consider that there are free chapters, and that this alone, on Young Dragon Age, usually won't be enough.

As for first volumes, there’s little to compare from YDA. In January, Densetsu no Ore Vol. 1 sold 9.8k with a strong online presence, a healthy start compared to this. (In March and April, there were no Vol. 1 releases I believe.)

Most other low sales Vol. 1 series that doesn’t belong to this magazine, but to the Dragon branch, have now been axed (like Ponkotsu Ojou-sama from Dra Dra Sharp, Vol.1 released in January), were in magazines where they can survive with low numbers for a bit longer, like Dra Dra Flat, or fits what I just mentioned. For example, Yomega Kiss 1 from Dra Dra Sharp sold only 2.4k physical copies in March but has somewhat of an online and digital presence. You can see this by checking reviews, online reception, and buzz. Like the reception of the tweet for Vol. 1, not the best, but it's something at least (TBS, Vol .2 of this recently tracked bad).

Ultimately, a manga can survive poor sales if the mangaka is established, the series finds success elsewhere, how fast it can recover from a low point thanks to its release format or the genre it belongs, or simply by luck; there are always exceptions. But even a decent online ranking can only do so much when the series struggles from the start, and even then, it's not like it was a super top ranker.
(Also, I'm not an expert at this, so I could simply be missing something)
I guess it could be due to Dragon comics demanding higher sales compared to other Kadokawa magazines I guess, I'm not that familiar with the different magazines. They have to compensate for promotion too. An extreme case of this is Jump manga which has to be successes and hyped up from the very beginning, because they're part of such an expensive machinery. I still think it's weird to think of 2350 sales for a first volume as bad, but I haven't been checking out other sources for it I guess.
I'm surprised if it was due to low online presence, it did fairly well and was fairly popular on the different readers (I guess this is the apps you talk about). But yeah, they're free and don't automatically translate to sales I guess.

Double-page supporter
oop, Nikke cosplay on page 29

Leo-pointing-1920x1248.jpg

Dex-chan lover
this ending feels rushed.
It absolutely was. It's the most rushed thing I've ever seen, and that's cause it sold so poorly it got axed without a full 2nd volume.

Which is a shame, because it could've been a good time. You can see where it wanted to go and the impact it would've had. Give it 4 or so volumes and this twist would've been incredible. But, well... it just missed its audience.

I hope the guy keeps working. This wasn't a bad idea at all.

Double-page supporter
lol just destroying the story, author already dont have ideas for continued the story even make good axed story/ rush good ending X'D just kill fmc
thx for update. just dissapointed the story haa... ok score 5

Users who are viewing this thread