Akumade Amai Watashi no Kanojo - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - A Love too sweet

Objectively wrong, everyone being lesbian does not automatically make the story better, story quality is based on the writer skills
Story quality is 100% subjective, and I’m not a literature major huffing my own farts to pretend otherwise. What matters to me is the yuri, and the yuri is always improved by replacing bisexuals with lesbians.
reinforces that yuri is better
This is the inherent, undeniable truth when you have lesbian characters.

Dex-chan lover
Story quality is 100% subjective, and I’m not a literature major huffing my own farts to pretend otherwise. What matters to me is the yuri, and the yuri is always improved by replacing bisexuals with lesbians.
Not always, for example most isekai literally are objectively garbage, they're the most bottom of the barrel cheap self insert appeal for people desperate for escapism and power fantasy, it's why most are harem with the story twisting itself into a pretzel to make mc look awesome even when they're a cardboard cutout with zero personality and super dumb.

This is the inherent, undeniable truth when you have lesbian characters.
Yuri is better but doesn't necessarily makes the story better, even yuri has garbage unfortunately :notlikethis:
Either way my only point is give time before judging, not all mangakas use bisexuals for cheap drama, sure they're rare but they do exist.

Cause trust me, if the mangaka makes the succubus go around because she wants to feed I will be here to complain with you lol
I don't think it'll happen because it already make clear she doesn't need to feed on other people vitality to survive, so if anything this plays more as a girl finding out about her own bisexuality than anything else, just with extra steps due to the succubus part lol

Not always, for example most isekai literally are objectively garbage, they're the most bottom of the barrel cheap self insert appeal for people desperate for escapism and power fantasy, it's why most are harem with the story twisting itself into a pretzel to make mc look awesome even when they're a cardboard cutout with zero personality and super dumb.
You and I may not like such stories, but there are people that do, thus there is no objectivity to story quality.

As for the other points, I don’t think we’ll end up reaching a conclusion we’re both satisfied with, so let’s just agree to disagree.

Odd start to a yuri since it seems like she did more then just kiss those other guys right before getting with MC. Will stick around for a chapter or 2 more since I prefer my yuri more fluffy.

Dex-chan lover
You and I may not like such stories, but there are people that do, thus there is no objectivity to story quality.
Who said I don't like them? I read a ton of garbage isekai since they can be pretty funny or amusing, trust me, I'm talking from experience, a lot of isekais are objectively garbage, being popular don't make it good lol
Twilight and 50 Shades of Gray are two other examples of objectively bad stories that got popular due to self insert.

Me with a lot of isekai
As for the other points, I don’t think we’ll end up reaching a conclusion we’re both satisfied with, so let’s just agree to didisagree.
My main point is simply give it a chance first, it's still yuri at the end of the day, so you gotta try it first.

Being popular don't make it good lol
For sure. The last thing I’d do is a shitty appeal to popularity lol.
But moving on, how exactly are you measuring story quality? To me the closest measure would be level of enjoyment, which is purely subjective and where I derive my “story quality is subjective“ belief.
Now you may present some criteria about how quality stories shouldn’t do X or Y, but why? Is there an objective basis for that or is it just subjective beliefs being presented as objective?

My main point is simply give it a chance first, it's still yuri at the end of the day, so you gotta try it first.
After having read dozens of stories with bisexuals, I‘ll stick to my beliefs that stories with lesbians are better and stick this to the bottom of my PtR list, along with other similar stories. Maybe I’ll reach it on my PtR list one day, maybe I won’t, and if it‘s the latter it’s simply because I have better (aka lesbian) stories to read.

Dex-chan lover
For sure. The last thing I’d do is a shitty appeal to popularity lol.
But moving on, how exactly are you measuring story quality? To me the closest measure would be level of enjoyment, which is purely subjective and where I derive my “story quality is subjective“ belief.
Now you may present some criteria about how quality stories shouldn’t do X or Y, but why? Is there an objective basis for that or is it just subjective beliefs being presented as objective?
I think the issue isn't in itself how you measure quality, but that a lot of people simply judge it as enjoyed = good, which isn't necessarily true, some people can't accept that what they like might be trash, many times you can tell right away that the work is bad, be it story, characters or whatever, but you can still enjoy it, some works are bad, some are so bad it's good, and some are so bad it's horrible.

Example of what I mean, The Beast Tamer Was Fired From His Childhood Friends' S-Rank Party, typical kicked from party story, Mc is typical generic wimp beta nice japanese protagonist with barely any personality, who forgives his ex team even though they treated him like trash and literally tried to murder him, the story and mc as a whole are objectively pretty bad, his tammed monsters literally carry the story, if not for them it arguably has no redeeming quality at all.
Not kidding, the fenrir and the ant children are literally the best thing on it.
After having read dozens of stories with bisexuals, I‘ll stick to my beliefs that stories with lesbians are better and stick this to the bottom of my PtR list, along with other similar stories. Maybe I’ll reach it on my PtR list one day, maybe I won’t, and if it‘s the latter it’s simply because I have better (aka lesbian) stories to read.
Issue is that you're doing misplaced retribution, the character being bisexual has nothing to do with the story being good or bad, it's entirely because the writer sucks at using the character, they can't write better drama, so they use bisexual character for easy cheap drama.

Example of what I mean, Kodama Naoko, some of her works have bisexuals but that has nothing to do with the quality of the story, because effectively all of her works are extremely melodramatic.
Days of Love at Seagull Villa is good example of what I mean, Mc is bisexual but her romance with the other girl has literally nothing to do with it, no drama at all between them because of that.

some works are bad, some are so bad it's good, and some are so bad it's horrible.
But this is my problem. How is "good, bad, or horrible" decided? General consensus? That’s just an appeal to popularity. There simply cannot be an arbiter for quality if it’s supposed to be objective. Is there a set of objective, unchanging rules for judging story quality? Until such a set of rules is discovered, story quality is purely subjective.

the story and mc as a whole are objectively pretty bad
By what metric? It certainly doesn’t sound like something I’d be interested in, but I won’t call it objectively bad because I have no way to measure the story quality objectively.

Issue is that you're doing misplaced retribution, the character being bisexual has nothing to do with the story being good or bad
I don’t claim the story is objectively good or bad due to that, I only claim that the yuri is lessened due to it, which is true because if the man in the first few pages was a woman instead that would, objectively, be more yuri.
And since my enjoyment of a story (aka subjective story quality) comes from the yuri present in it, I can make a blanket statement like this relatively safely. Of course if I’m forced to pick between just a bisexual character vs bisexual drama I’d pick the former because the latter is always less yuri (by virtue of increased focus on the bisexuality/males). But thankfully I never have to make such a choice when there are plenty of stories that don’t feature any of that, which I am guaranteed to enjoy more.

Dex-chan lover
This looks promising. Haru-sensei rarely misses, I'm looking forward to where this goes.

Why are you all bothering to reply to this asshole? The "ignore" button is your friend.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
But this is my problem. How is "good, bad, or horrible" decided? General consensus? That’s just an appeal to popularity. There simply cannot be an arbiter for quality if it’s supposed to be objective. Is there a set of objective, unchanging rules for judging story quality? Until such a set of rules is discovered, story quality is purely subjective.
There's always ways to objectively judged quality, like how consistent the story and characters are, if they follow the internal logic of the story, if it don't break the lore rules, if it doesn't break continuity, and so on.
By what metric? It certainly doesn’t sound like something I’d be interested in, but I won’t call it objectively bad because I have no way to measure the story quality objectively.
There's always a metric.

Sorry but all that "quality is subjective" sounds like excuse to not admit something you like might be bad.
I don’t claim the story is objectively good or bad due to that, I only claim that the yuri is lessened due to it, which is true because if the man in the first few pages was a woman instead that would, objectively, be more yuri.
And since my enjoyment of a story (aka subjective story quality) comes from the yuri present in it, I can make a blanket statement like this relatively safely. Of course if I’m forced to pick between just a bisexual character vs bisexual drama I’d pick the former because the latter is always less yuri (by virtue of increased focus on the bisexuality/males). But thankfully I never have to make such a choice when there are plenty of stories that don’t feature any of that, which I am guaranteed to enjoy more.
Yuri is about girls loving girls, one being bisexual does not in any way lessen the yuri, a man in a single panel does not lessen the yuri.
Sorry but you're just cherry picking to be outraged + it feels like you're just trying to hide biphobia, cause seriously, even if you count the single panel of the guy in the beginning, the manga still is basically 99% yuri, this has zero to do with quality, it's entirely 100% a you problem.

There's always ways to objectively judged quality, like how consistent the story and characters are, if they follow the internal logic of the story, if it don't break the lore rules, if it doesn't break continuity, and so on.
Most stories already fulfill these criteria, including those often judged as “objectively bad”. Most of the time when people call something ”objectively good/bad” they’re judging the contents of the story (rather than just the consistency and similar meta parameters), which can obviously not be objective. This is also why I consider my judgement of story quality to be purely subjective, because when I say more yuri = higher (subjective) quality, I am scrutinizing the contents of the story through my own subjective lens rather than its consistency and what-not.

the manga still is basically 99% yuri
100% is more than 99%; making her a lesbian would increase the yuri, and thus my enjoyment (and subjective quality) of the story. This is why this series will go below any 100% yuri series in my PtR.
this has zero to do with quality
It has everything to do with the subjective story quality, which for me increases with the yuri.

Dex-chan lover
Most stories already fulfill these criteria, including those often judged as “objectively bad”. Most of the time when people call something ”objectively good/bad” they’re judging the contents of the story (rather than just the consistency and similar meta parameters), which can obviously not be objective. This is also why I consider my judgement of story quality to be purely subjective, because when I say more yuri = higher (subjective) quality, I am scrutinizing the contents of the story through my own subjective lens rather than its consistency and what-not.
Not all stories really follow that, and there is other ways to objectively judge, the content in itself can be bad, example is how many Isekai try to unironically portray the protagonist as a incredible person, like how in some with war their supposedly incredible strategies win the war, even though the so called strategy is something super simple that only works because everyone else is stupid + plot armor, that is objectively bad writing, romance is the same, a lot abuse lack of communication to justify stupid drama, sometimes going to absurd lengths with the lack of communication, that too is objectively bad writing.
The content can absolutely be judged objectively too.
100% is more than 99%; making her a lesbian would increase the yuri, and thus my enjoyment (and subjective quality) of the story. This is why this series will go below any 100% yuri series in my PtR.

It has everything to do with the subjective story quality, which for me increases with the yuri.
Which is nothing but cherry picking, since you're literally giving more importance to the 1% and ignoring the yuri, if that 1% is enough to ruin your enjoyment that still has nothing to do with quality.
Also, yuri is about girls loving girls, one being bisexual does not lessen the yuri, because a bisexual girl is still a girl, it's just plain and simple biphobia.

Last edited:
Which is nothing but cherry picking, since you're literally giving more importance to the 1% and ignoring the yuri, if that 1% is enough to ruin your enjoyment that still has nothing to do with quality.
If it was enough to ruin my enjoyment I wouldn’t have put it in my PtR in the first place. But since my enjoyment scales with the yuri, I’ll read 100% yuri series before I consider reading the 99% or lower ones.
As for the quality, I already told you it’s subjective, so whether you understand the fact that less yuri makes for a worse story in my eyes or not, I have made my point.

Also, yuri is about girls loving girls, one being bisexual does not lessen the yuri, because a bisexual girl is still a girl, it's just plain and simple biphobia.
It lessens the yuri relative to other stories without bisexuality, which is why I’ll always prioritize those other stories first.

Dex-chan lover
If it was enough to ruin my enjoyment I wouldn’t have put it in my PtR in the first place. But since my enjoyment scales with the yuri, I’ll read 100% yuri series before I consider reading the 99% or lower ones.
As for the quality, I already told you it’s subjective, so whether you understand the fact that less yuri makes for a worse story in my eyes or not, I have made my point.
Ruin enough that you can't help but focusing on it though lol

Quality is objective, finding it good or bad, how much you enjoy, is subjective.

It lessens the yuri relative to other stories without bisexuality, which is why I’ll always prioritize those other stories first.
Maybe you need a bisexual girlfriend to open your eyes :finnawoke:

Also, I still have no fucking clue of what PtR is lol

Edit: also, sorry if I'm seemingly being an asshole, not my intent, sometimes I get passional in discussions and don't realize if I'm being too forceful, rude and so on, so I'll probably stop here before I really put my foot in my mouth :worry:

Last edited:
Also, I still have no fucking clue of what PtR is lol
Plan to Read :dogkek:

Edit: also, sorry if I'm seemingly being an asshole, not my intent, sometimes I get passional in discussions and don't realize if I'm being too forceful, rude and so on, so I'll probably stop here before I really put my foot in my mouth
Nah, we’re good. It was an interesting conversation.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So she doesn't necessarily need to feed but she fucks every dude who had a crush on her (should be ALOT of dudes) anyway because she likes to taste their "greed"? Did i get that right? Did she fuck the other three before or after she kissed the MC?

Dex-chan lover
So she doesn't necessarily need to feed but she fucks every dude who had a crush on her (should be ALOT of dudes) anyway because she likes to taste their "greed"? Did i get that right? Did she fuck the other three before or after she kissed the MC?
When you put it like that you make it sound so bad, it's fine as long as there's consent :notlikethis:
Although I guess the guys didn't consent to have their vitality stolen... :worry:

Dex-chan lover
When you put it like that you make it sound so bad, it's fine as long as there's consent :notlikethis:
Although I guess the guys didn't consent to have their vitality stolen... :worry:
Well there is nothing to soften. I guess authors intent was to lessen the succubus factor by making her demi-human but she fucks everyone left and right anyway so i was kinda questioning the purpose. Bold way to debut your yuri manga.

Users who are viewing this thread