Akuyaku Kizoku to shite Hitsuyou na Sore - Ch. 5 - Martial Arts Tournament

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, absolutely this. Sorry, I lacked explanations in my scribbles page but yeah the screenshot I showed includes his name which is written in katakana (オレガ), kinda like most foreign names. The "俺が (I am)" part is just my theory on his name reference because some characters have them (Villain Arc is the clearest), thus the "All of my speculations will be moot <etc>" part of the page.

All that's left is to know where author got Lady Cruel (I can guess lol), Chris Jose, Aruto (the original protag of the story), and Alicia Mirai/Miray (the one calling to him in Chapter 4. Her name should've been mentioned :dogkek:). I'll read the WN if I have the time.

Another note I forgot to put: Maria is a common maid name, just like Sebastian for butlers in jp pop culture. The heirloom sword called Stella has a star on its guard. Stella is Latin for star. Guess who :wooow:

You're welcome. Unfortunately, I'll make you all wait longer because now I want to read the WN to get a head start 🏃‍♀️ for, hopefully, less speculations 🤔🔎

Update: It seems like the AIs do not like to translate slavery stuff so I'm in a pickle 🥒👨‍🔬
But still, thanks for picking this chapter up. It really brought in a breath of fresh air seeing that the translator is really looking into the details and not just chucking it up to the MTL. Your effort is appreciated - cheers!

Banned
Unless you're willing to offer up constructive criticism regarding the translation, your opinion on MTL is itself trash.

Real trash MTL is when lazy people with hardly any knowledge of English composition (yes, I am including native English speakers as well - you'd be shocked at how little most Americans know about their native tongue) copy-paste directly from the MTL and call it a day.

This person put actual thought into the translation, seems to have a solid grasp on the English language, and even seems to have some passing knowledge of Japanese pop-culture. Which means their translation work looks better than even some of the work I've seen by people who claim to know Japanese. For certain, there may be some subtle meanings lost in the translation, but I'd rather have that instead of... whatever the hell the previous group working on this was doing.

The cleaning, redrawing, and typesetting is also pretty decent, which our scanslators deserve props for. Not at all like some others I've seen that look like they were typeset by a four-year-old using MS Paint.

@Ezlsnow Thank you so much for picking this up. You're a saint among scanslators for doing what you do. Don't worry about rushing things too much on the next chapter. As long as you're keeping up this level of quality, most of us are more than willing to wait a bit for your translations.
There's no opinion, MTL is fake and trash. This is a fact.
You enjoy fake trash? You do you, but don't pretend like it ain't fake trash.

Users who are viewing this thread