Villainess Level 99 ~I May Be the Hidden Boss but I'm Not the Demon Lord~ - Vol. 4 Ch. 17.1

Fed-Kun's army
Anime announcement seems good but the lack of chapters... it seems like the anime will be based on the novel- and if not it'll just be an original

Dex-chan lover
i understand where your're coming from. But fuck that heroine, the Airhead Elanora is better and more cuter than the heroine. So in that aspect i liked the LN more. I don't care for redemption or alternate manga ending for those bitches.

Anyone who has read WN, does Elanora end up with the prince?
the prince essentially wakes up and realizes the MC isn’t evil like the heroine said. He does grow as a character and doesn’t end up dying like the other idiots do

Dex-chan lover
Jnovel released the 1st vol in parts and finished recently and its complete physical LN1 releases next month.

I haven't read the WN, but I think LN and WN doesn't differ too much, coz there was no excuse for Alicia to hating on Eumelia, since there was no black blob thing in the LN. I think chapters are organized differently in the LN, thats what i see from reading 1st chapter of LN2 and WN2.

And i donno if your referring to the WN series ending or the WN vol1 ending, but LN vol1 ending did have a unsatisfactory conclusion for the certain trio. That is they deserved more shit coming their way.

Honestly I’m not the biggest fan of JNovel Club cause of their refusal to make physical versions of the vast majority of series they snatched up. So many great series are locked behind online readers.

I’ve only read the WN so I dunno how the LN goes. I do know the black smoke isn’t a thing in it. Maybe the mangaka wanted a physical representation for why she doesn’t like the MC 🤷‍♀️

Fed-Kun's army
finally a new bloody chapter! AND AN ANIME ANOUNCEMENT!? HELL YEAAAAAAAAH BROTHEEEEEEEEEEER

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I’m not the biggest fan of JNovel Club cause of their refusal to make physical versions of the vast majority of series they snatched up. So many great series are locked behind online readers.

I’ve only read the WN so I dunno how the LN goes. I do know the black smoke isn’t a thing in it. Maybe the mangaka wanted a physical representation for why she doesn’t like the MC 🤷‍♀️

Problem with that line of thought is, in this adaptation Alicia DOES like the MC- at least enough to consistently ask her for help of her own will. She's already owned up to her mistakes earlier in the manga and she now treats the MC if not quite as a dear friend, as someone she can trust to go to with problems. WN Alicia and Manga Alicia are essentially two different characters at this point in time. There's a worry that that'll change if MC takes Alicia on a 'training trip' since the MC is notably insanely (and ignorantly) harsh about it, but so far, save for very VERY early on, she's been nothing but cordial and nice.

Dex-chan lover
the prince essentially wakes up and realizes the MC isn’t evil like the heroine said. He does grow as a character and doesn’t end up dying like the other idiots do
I know about that, thats whats up until LN1 end. I was asking beyond that.

Dex-chan lover
Can't wait to see how they will animate all of Eumialla's varied and diverse (and very expressive) facial expressions! /j

In all seriousness, though, I am really curious on how they will handle that aspect of hers. I imagine it could be quite challenging for the animators.

Dex-chan lover
is there gonna be any romance? i really like the romantic interest in this manga for some reason
There is romance in the novel, and the ML is Patrick. No stupid (reverse?) harem stereotypes, really sweet stuff.

Dex-chan lover
i understand where your're coming from. But fuck that heroine, the Airhead Elanora is better and more cuter than the heroine. So in that aspect i liked the LN more. I don't care for redemption or alternate manga ending for those bitches.

Anyone who has read WN, does Elanora end up with the prince?
While on some level I agree that they deserved it, I think the aspect of Alicia resenting Eumiella should be explored a bit more.

Dex-chan lover
While on some level I agree that they deserved it, I think the aspect of Alicia resenting Eumiella should be explored a bit more.
Sure the author could've explored it more. At the end of the day its just a novel with comedy and slight romance aimed at 13-15 year olds.

Its probably the author's intention not to flesh out more as its not required.
Even the whole series is short (4 vols i think) and not dragged out.

Dex-chan lover
This whole dragon arc for the past few chapters feels like a waste of time that doesn't progress the story in any meaningful way. It probably wouldn't have been a problem but the chapters take so long to release that it's like the story has been at a standstill for over a year.

Contributor
Yumiella's gotten better at landing, making a small pit like that is actually not so bad, nothing like the deep crater she did last time.

It feels kinda weird to see the last page promoting the anime when I've just watched episode 1 earlier today. Yes, I liked what I saw.

Dex-chan lover
Yumiella's gotten better at landing, making a small pit like that is actually not so bad, nothing like the deep crater she did last time.

It feels kinda weird to see the last page promoting the anime when I've just watched episode 1 earlier today. Yes, I liked what I saw.
Me too. I liked the fakeout with Alicia and the opening. It was well played.

Dex-chan lover
Had started reading the LN recently and just had to come here to confirm I wasn't delusional. More than halfway through the first volume, and Alicia had never gotten this friendly with Eumilia. She was still being an unreasonable bitch to her and still assumed she was the Demon Lord, even after she was helped out grinding levels in the dark-specialized dungeon near Eumilia's home, acquiring PTSD in the process, which was pretty much karma for her at this point.

I'm seriously hoping the anime follows more in the manga here than the LN, because even though it's different, I like this direction better.

Users who are viewing this thread