Akuyaku Reijou no Tsuihougo! - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - I'm looking for a friend to share the fun!

Double-page supporter
@Fadamor @Darkion

Chiba prefecture produces 78% of Japan's peanuts, apparently. I think it's pretty well known in Japan. I believe she's talking about where peanuts are believed to have originated from, which is somewhere in South America.

Dex-chan lover
Once again, the child has been conquered by the irresistible power of food!

Still not into Leonid, but what can we do? At least he'll be around to clean up the fodder. I assume our MC has had some formal self-defense training too?

Double-page supporter
@AbuHajaar

No
Just one bandit that got a screwing into his eye as he did deserve some beating

Dex-chan lover
@cherokeemoon that's if they're lucky. if they rolled a 1, i think we'd see them next time as road decoration, with a pike shoved up their ass. don't think we'd go that low here tho

Aggregator gang
How the fuck does an office lady or event planner have so much bakery knowledge..

Aggregator gang
@TrueGoddessReincarnation

Chrono Crusade maybe? I definitely remember one, where the nun didn't get the sexy treatment. Must have been one of the isekai, because they went for that medieval look and feel in the daily monastery life.

@sunsetchaos

From what I know, Japanese people can really, and I mean REALLY, get into their hobbies.

Dex-chan lover
@sunsetchaos Hobbies? I mean, in any given household chances are at least 50% of people know how to make food, often more sometimes less. Some people are more passionate than others. Just look at how many cooking shows exist to know how many people are pretty invested in food.

In particular, this character said, and I quote, "A person's greatest pleasure is food" showing exactly how passionate she is. I guess the better question is "why didn't she work in a food based profession" though I guess sometimes people just don't end up at their ideal jobs, or even, not always is your ideal hobby your ideal job.

Double-page supporter
Honestly, with how many recipe videos and shows are available, it's not that strange for someone who likes cooking to know all of that.
It's kinda like how a gun enthusiast or a car lover would know all the parts and how it all works. Especially on Japan where the otaku culture is very prevalent and you can find similar people for basically anything you like.

Aggregator gang
Rereading this, I just noticed (and appreciate) that it shows she messed up a lot making stuff at first. Since she's an event planner rather than a chef, and is used to an electric oven, it'd be pretty silly if she was able to just create everything she knows of - but doesn't specialize in - perfectly from the start like characters in a lot of isekai do. Good stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread