Akuyaku Reijou no Tsuihougo! - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
Woo, merry, merry festivals~

Oh boy. Looks like the heroine and her love interest are going to come stir up trouble. I imagine it'll be fine, since Elizabeth has totally earned everyone's love at this point.

Rather...the heroine's romance is being disapproved of? Even though she's the heroine and they banished the villainess already?

Group Leader
Thank you for your hard work and i can't wait for the next chapter by the way about sfx it's okay if you so busy^^

the heroine and the hero guy combined together makeup barely half a brain cell
i sure hope the heroine is just plain dumb than scheming goddammit

Dex-chan lover
Little easter egg
found on page twenty-seven,
just a pinch of salt.

The worst part of some isekai is how they make other worlders dumb. That's just grilled corn on a stick, nothing new there, any idiot could've figured out; you didn't need a modern day isekai protagonist to discover that. I Googled popcorn, that shit is cool and all, but it's also 5 thousand years old, that medieval society could've figured that out by themselves.
It's all in service of making a power fantasy where modern day Japanese people's common knowledge is seen as vastly superior. It implies different cultures, like native cultures, are vastly inferior. It's a colonialist power fantasy. It underestimates the power of human intelligence that is still present in less developed societies. It reinforces a false conception of humanity, society, technology and history. In other words, it's pure ideology. (it would be so easy and much better if it was different)

@lightng dude you really need to relax, this shit isn't that deep. It's a fucking story where a dude can literally hold up a tent made out of logs with one arm, and your big complaint is that they make the villagers look dumb. The whole concept of this idea is in medieval times the villagers or non-noble people's lives were fucking trash and only the nobles and royals enjoyed the "good life". so yeah while popcorn and other shit may have been available at the time it may have been only used by nobles and not the common class cause I don't know maybe it would be a waste of resources. again this manga is for fucking fun and isn't supposed to be that accurate.

Double-page supporter
@lightng your right all of these ideas aren't that hard to do..... except that they aren't conventional. you would mill corn and make breads an Porridge from it rather than eat it whole, you can't throw any old corn and make popcorn from it. these thing could be done at any point in history honestly they are only now commonly available cause innovation farming made stuff more plentiful and the more stuff there was more people could play around with it and make better stuff. remnants of the past ideology still remain at the dinner table"don't play with your food" "finish your food" these are from time of poverty where foods were scarce and people didn't have the ability to make stuff better, bitter crab apple were eaten in times of need and feed to animals in times of plenty, the first guy that made apple pie from those bitter apples didn't do it cause he was starving but rather cause they weren't.

Dex-chan lover
"Moma, what is that?"
"It's a JoJo reference, son. Don't look."

Users who are viewing this thread