Akuyaku Reijou Tensei Oji-san - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Aggregator gang
Oh-ho? The heroine has actually raised a flag with one of the targets instead of the villainess doing it!

Dex-chan lover
Considering that he seems to be on good terms with his daughter, he can probably pick up quite a few trends if he spends a lot of time with her and her hobbies. By all accounts he's a pretty good father so I would image that he knows a bit about anime subculture well enough to point out tropes and clichés.

reu

Dex-chan lover
Any one knows if this is based on a novel or if it's the mangaka's oc?

Aggregator gang
He's trying his best ok, no need to flame him

How well do you think a middle age man could do this in the first place QQ He's an angel

Lol, an entertaining and enjoyable read for sure. A fun spin on popular genre: Otome game reincarnation, Dad edition.

@reu it's basead on the OC history the author criated in his twitter, that's the serialization version. But there no novel ou others materials for this ^^ i think he stoped the twitter version and only focus on the serial version
Here's the first version: https://mangadex.org/title/43291/akuyaku-reijou-tensei-oji-san-web-comic
and the author's twitter: https://twitter.com/ueyamamichiro

"Clever clogs Lambert" oh my fuckin god Kenzaburou that's the Most Dad thing you've said this whole series

Also, all you guys like "OMG an old dad knowing about tsunderes????" when I'm over here like "hey dad how's the new world of warcraft expansion treating you?"

I really like this villainess isekai, much nicer take on it than most others.

Dex-chan lover
Also, all you guys like "OMG an old dad knowing about tsunderes????" when I'm over here like "hey dad how's the new world of warcraft expansion treating you?"
Wasn't part of his backstory being familiar with manga from back in the day? That's where tsundere as an archetype has its origins. Another part of it was his daughter just unleashing a deluge of verbal diarrhea towards him about otome games, and this one in particular. Even if he never had a specific term to apply to the archetype when he was reading stuff in the good ol' days, he could've probably done a little 1 + 1 = 2 when his daughter was discussing a tsundere. "Oh hey, this sounds familiar."

Also, as for World of Warcraft, the only person I know of in my circle of acquaintances that actively plays that is the mother of one of my friends. We're both about 30 and he's more like the middle child or so than her oldest, so I suppose she has essentially unlocked the "gamer grandma" achievement on this playthrough of life.

@Glomoro

Wasn't part of his backstory being familiar with manga from back in the day?
It sure was! My comment was vague for comedic purposes, but I was trying to point out that the middle aged would have grown up right as Modern Nerd Stuff was coming out. Like the people who watched New Hope in theaters (like my mom and dad) or played DnD in college (like my mom and dad) or played Diablo and Everquest when they first came out (like my mom and dad). Not to mention that, in my more Rabid anime phase in high school, they not only listened to me go on about the things I was reading/playing, but also actively engaged with me about it

Basically what I'm saying is that my dad is like Kenzaburou, but, uh, not a Japanese salaryman, so Kenzaburou showing off his nerd knowledge doesn't surprise me in the least

@IRIGAMAGORI It's...........more good than bad, certainly, but there's also a kind of hopeless hilarity when your dad forgets to pick you up at school because he's in a raid (or when your mother smashes her keyboard against the staircase railing because they keep wiping). Overall, though, it's great for a nerd like me to have nerd parents

Double-page supporter
This is so good. A genuinely competent lead is such a nice change of pace from the standard brick-skull MC.

Users who are viewing this thread