Akuyaku Reijou wa Heroine wo Ijimete iru Baai dewanai - Ch. 3

Group Leader
Sorry for being "that guy", but if you want to translate every sound effect then make sure it's correct. :)

Other than that, thanks for picking this up.

Dex-chan lover
Hey, Translator, from context it looks like there's a few frames on page 8 where you were calling Folt "Reina".

Dex-chan lover
Ugh, I wonder if the dude told her he liked the ringlets so he could automatically tell who she was. Poor girl, it would be heartbreaking to know the person you loved so long didn't even care enough to remember your face.

Dex-chan lover
Woooooow. If this was an arranged political marriage, I can understand not being satisfied with some conditions, but you can't even take the time to remember your fiance's face?! Clearly the duke's son was the real villain in the otome game. Someone give that guy's face a makeover to make him really unrecognizable ... with their fists. 😠

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter after this manga was "abandoned"(?) for 6 months.

also, this Jake guy... where's my Zimmy Boi & Pile Bunker again?

Dex-chan lover
I really want Folt to be the male lead, but I know better than to get my hopes up. 99% of times, in series like this, the male lead always ends up being the shittiest person.
its most likely Folt.
Since I read a spoiler that she successfully annuls her engagement to Jake/Zeke

Double-page supporter
Just in case future people are also confused, Jake and Zeke are the same character, it's just that different scanlators chose different names. The chapter 1 scanlator chose Jake, 2.1 and 2.2 chose Zeke, and chapter 3 chose Jake again. Confused me for a bit and wanted to help others who were also confused.

Dex-chan lover
The only defense for Jake/Zeke at this point is if he's got prosopagnosia (an actual neurological disorder where you can't recognize faces). That would also explain why he would ask his fiance to wear an unusual hairstyle. Otherwise he's just an ass.
Yeah I was thinking that but he didn't have any trouble recognizing Folt, and he doesn't seem to have any unusual attributes/appearance quirks to set him apart.

i sure as heck hope jake is not the ML lmao

anyone have spoilers? novelupdates thread is dry af

Yeah I was thinking that but he didn't have any trouble recognizing Folt, and he doesn't seem to have any unusual attributes/appearance quirks to set him apart.
A fair number of folks with face blindness (though not all) can tell people they know apart, so long as they look relatively similar. If Folt's hairstyle hasn't changed very often, it would be an issue, whereas Reina completely changed her style overnight.

Still, him not noticing that she hadn't come by at all in the first chapter makes me think that's not what's happening here.

Users who are viewing this thread