Alcohol and Ogre-girls - Vol. 6 Ch. 35

Dex-chan lover
Man, these bitches are so sensitive of each other yet so blind at the same time. They are basically already dating at this point, what with the casual contact, time spent together, and a bond so deep that they are sort of passively aware of each others feelings at any given moment. I think we are close, fellas. This volume at the latest, something will happen.
Yeah, it's mostly a Naori thing tied up with her self worth issues. Hinata has been pretty open about her feelings. She definitely knows what's up. Nothing but patience coming from her.

Dex-chan lover
She has been patient, but it's going to run out eventually. If Naori doesn't figure things out n her end soon enough, Hinata will almost certainly force the issue.
I don't expect Hinata to have major issues anytime soon. They're both busy dealing with this Oni issue and she is also very understanding of Naori's personal hangups. I think she'll continue to be the comforting force and if/when Naori figures herself out, it won't be because Hinata was impatient or forceful. If anything, Hinata will "force" the issue because she cares for Naori's well-being and seeks to help her understand what she is worth, not because she wants a gf.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
She has been patient, but it's going to run out eventually. If Naori doesn't figure things out n her end soon enough, Hinata will almost certainly force the issue.
this whole festival thing has been shaping up to be that surge of self-worth and confidence that she's lacking, and I think the people around naori recognize that, Hinata in particular. i'd even hazard a guess someone facilitated this opportunity explicitly for that purpose. Whatever wrench is oncoming, as far as oni stuff, is going to be thrown in, I think like everything so far its only further greasing the wheels on naoris self esteem improving.

Dex-chan lover
She's right now getting super jealous over Naori in a way that she might have to resolve by forcing the issue.
Super jealous? I wouldn't say that. It was more comedic and focused on their misunderstanding of the guy friend as the gag. Naori was similarly jealous but those were just small moments. For clarification, what do you mean by "forcing the issue" exactly? What are you expecting Hinata to do?

Dex-chan lover
It wasn't just Watanabe. Settsu merely thought that Naori might be cool and such and she immediately got jealous at her. She's clearly anxious that her feelings aren't returned and that someone else is going to swoop in and take Naori from her before Naori makes a move of any sort. Right now, this means she's jealously batting off anyone who might come, but that won't work forever.

And forcing the issue could be as simple as just confessing to Naori, making her feelings super clear to her.

Dex-chan lover
It wasn't just Watanabe. Settsu merely thought that Naori might be cool and such and she immediately got jealous at her. She's clearly anxious that her feelings aren't returned and that someone else is going to swoop in and take Naori from her before Naori makes a move of any sort. Right now, this means she's jealously batting off anyone who might come, but that won't work forever.

And forcing the issue could be as simple as just confessing to Naori, making her feelings super clear to her.
Just a heads up that you're not clicking the reply button, so I'm not getting alerted to your responses. As for Hinata, she's always been like this. That was what her "sister" Aju always teased her about, playfully trying to get Hinata riled up for laughs like a sister would. But if your idea of forcing the issue is confessing, then sure I could see that eventually. That's not what I'd call forcing the issue. So we're maybe in more agreement, just different language.

Double-page supporter
tbh the will-they-won't-they, dating-but-not-girlfriends type relationship is not only par for the course w/ yuri but also for real life gay chicks. like sometimes you have two lesbian friends who live together, cook for each other, go on (totally platonic) dates, have met each others' families, get jealous, etc. all while acting shocked at the mere suggestion that they might be dating lol

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, it's mostly a Naori thing tied up with her self worth issues. Hinata has been pretty open about her feelings. She definitely knows what's up. Nothing but patience coming from her.
I think maybe subconsciously she knows, but Hinata is a little bit of a meathead. I definitely agree with the other commenters in this thread in regards to who makes the first move, but I don't think Hinata is going to really be able to put these fluttering feelings into a coherent thought/realization for a little longer. I am praying that this comes BEFORE the legendary sake is even a plot point, because end-of-series relationships are SO BLEH.

Supporter
I actually kind of agree, but I don't think there'll be any force involved - my expectation is that she'll get a little too frustrated, a little too drunk, and then seduce Naori in a really gentle way (because really, Hinata is just crazy nice and super considerate when you get down to it, particularly where Naori is concerned) . . . So nothing forceful, just asking the question explicitly enough that she has to answer.

There are plenty of nice characters out there in made-up land who I could easily see going down the wrong path out of pent up frustration, but Hinata doesn't strike me as one of them.

Also, Naori's the kind of person who'd totally fall for the seduction, but then the next morning be like "what the fuck just happened?" and spend the next week panicking about it . . . though the fact they live together (and already wake up next to each other every morning) will probably short circuit that.

Supporter

I don't think either of them are getting super jealous, not even Hinata - she was definitely getting a bit grumpy about it, which is one of the reasons I think she may well end up forcing the issue a bit (see my other post about that), but she's not being defensive or trying to chase people away from Naori or anything like that, she was just letting her feelings show to a reasonably close friend.

If Hinata was genuinely getting super jealous I don't think she would have been so supportive of the festival thing, and she probably wouldn't have introduced Naori to her super hot friend . . . and it just ocurred to me that I don't think Hinata has any idea whether Naori is even lesbian or bi, which could be a bit of a problem . . . But still, Hinata's definitely not super jealous or super defensive or anything like that, just very aware of how she feels about Naori, and suffering from not knowing how Naori feels about her.

Dex-chan lover
I mean...
ZyZII2P.png

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation! i fell behind quite a bit over winter break and now that i caught up i feel accomplished

Users who are viewing this thread