Alice in Borderland - Vol. 18 Ch. 64.1 - 731st Day of Restitution

@gaba157 Read through a lot of comment sections and I don't think I've seen a comment as dumb as that one. If you can't understand the themes of the story and how the characters carried what they saw and learned in the borderland with them even without their memories that's fine, but don't push it onto the story as being bad.

Aggregator gang
@smugboi4444 Well, I think it was an asspull. What you learn is based on your memories. Losing your memories = Losing important life lessons. I enjoyed the story, but the ending was not my cup of tea. Why so aggressive dude?

@gaba157 I'll apologize for being rude and aggressive. I was kinda in the high of finishing my re-read and it's one of my all-time favorites so I got unnecessarily heated. In my opinion, the point of the ending was to show that the borderland was just a representation of growth, and it would be odd within the series if they still had all the specific memories. The final chapters clearly show the characters have changed because of what happened even if they don't have those specific memories. The feeling of change and growth remained. The concept of having something to live and work forward for stayed. With all that said, the ending being very different from a lot of the story is fact so I can't necessarily blame you for not accepting it as you did the rest of it. I personally thought of it as a good ending that fit a lot of the philosophical themes of the story but purely from a story-telling point the change is admittedly abrupt.

Aggregator gang
@smugboi4444 don't worry dude, I know how it feels :) You're right and I should've been more careful with my words too. It's more a problem with myself than the ending itself. I'm not too fond of this trope, so for example, in a famous movie from Makoto Shinkai
Your Name
the same things happens in the ending and I also didn't like it. I always feels that it somehow undermines what I saw as a reader. It's a bit hard to explain and put into words. But I agree that the ending is beautiful and coherent anyway :)

holy shit was that amazing. Although I didn't love the memory loss trope, it was still a nice little happy ending after all the suffering and torment they've been through

I feel like the reason I mainly despise this ending is because we lost the 'pathway' to the character development in a way, like all the relationships that developed throughout the story kind of mean nothing due to the memory loss. But oh well you can't always have a perfect ending.

Bittersweet ending but tbh I was already expecting it.

I didn’t really connect that much with Arisu in the end though, as I thought it was rather obvious to see what sort of stuff Mira life about. Then again, we got to learn more about what sort of person she is than Arisu did. And Arisu himself was desperately clinging for some sort of Answer.

Overall, it was an amazing read and I can’t thank you guys enough for translating it for us.
Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread