Alice in Borderland - Vol. 7 Ch. 29 - Twenty-First Day of Sojourn

Dex-chan lover
danganronpa V3 spoilers

IT'S LIKE DANGANRONPA EVERYTHING IS A FUCKING SETUP MC GOT THAT SHSL LUCK

uhhhh... wow. reveal a character to be a piece of actually good trans representation, then pull a “surprise! i’m actually a man! call me a man now you’ve learned my secret!” absolutely nobody has ever done that in real life. jesus christ

Dex-chan lover
Even after inmensurable grief, humans can still find a reason to laugh.

Group Leader
"Even if I die tell my friend's story"

Later:
"Oh yeah, that guy wanted us to tell his friend's story. So uh... I guess there was this dude who was into video games and was a virgin, the end"

Bruv for real people be like:
Oh its trans, all you who criticize this are baaad and it doesn't take away its greatness

Now:
Oh its actually not trans, fucking garbage, transphobic, baaaad

Come on people it doesn't take away from its greatness. I mean everyone is free to criticize I just find it funny how quickly people change their opinions about a story based on a small detail which isn't even the main plot like bruh it says a lot more about how shallow you are than the piece itself. At least in my opinion agree or disagree as you please.

no one even said that it ruins the story
i think its pretty fair to be disappointed by an accurate representation of a minority group that the author just completely disregards in the next chapter.

and also, while it isnt fair to say it ruins the story, it definitely does hurt it. If this manga is about people who have been pushed out of conventional roles of society, there are few other examples that are a better and more visceral showcase of these themes than the experience of trans people. It's actually such a good tie in to the themes of the manga that it really does feel like a spit in the face that the author just proved that they don't actually know what they're talking about. Like how do you screw that up.
Oh its trans, all you who criticize this are baaad and it doesn't take away its greatness

Now:
Oh its actually not trans, fucking garbage, transphobic, baaaad

Come on people it doesn't take away from its greatness. I mean everyone is free to criticize I just find it funny how quickly people change their opinions about a story based on a small detail which isn't even the main plot like bruh it says a lot more about how shallow you are than the piece itself. At least in my opinion agree or disagree as you please.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao took only 2 chapters for people defending a character to start attacking them, from “good representation” to “spit in the face” can’t make this stuff up.

Wheres the popcorn emote?

uhhhh... wow. reveal a character to be a piece of actually good trans representation, then pull a “surprise! i’m actually a man! call me a man now you’ve learned my secret!” absolutely nobody has ever done that in real life. jesus christ
This was back when the culture around "trans" people was completely different. A lot of them didn't care about being "misgendered", actually. Social mores change, who knew? The whole culture war around "trans" is a brand new development, where people care about things they didn't use to care about (including the "trans" people themselves).

Double-page supporter
Can't get over how the Lamborghini's rear wheels are turned when it first shows up... I know a single artist can struggle being an expert on everything (like drawing guns in clearly inoperable state shooting), but at least know which end of the car is which... =)

Users who are viewing this thread