Alice in Borderland

Ngl I was frustrated by a lot of the characters in this manga so I almost dropped it glad I kept going. I'm also glad the author started featuring chapters centered on other characters to make it interesting. As someone who's watching the Netflix adaptation I'm looking forward to it!

Double-page supporter
An enjoyable read.
There are a few inconsistencies, a few slow downs but overall, it's well paced and the philosophy holds up. I honestly think the beach arc was one of the best of the genre.

I feel like at some point, this kind of "survival/philosphical" manga was very popular, and now it's been replaced by a stream of isekai type of mangas/manhwa.
In my opinion, both could appeal to the same group of people, i've just got the feeling that the majority of isekai mangas are a lot less profound and overall, more oriented toward a younger audience.

It's an 8/10. The art is good, the characters are well written, the story is interesting and there's lot more to it than simply what's written (most of the trials are metaphors).
I read it in 2 days, quite the binge.

Dex-chan lover
Wow the Netflix adaptation is garbage compared to this. Better characterizations here. The Chota character is completely different. You get to spend real time with these friends. Instead of the 2 minute rush

holy shit, i had put this on old for soooo long until yesterday and that is now one of my biggest regrets. This was an amazing one

Beautifully written and crude where necessary, an absolute mind-fuck of a read that pulls you into a philosophical game of confusion and curiosity. Spectacularly tied up in the end and filled with moments that make me physically pause from reading to take in the information and racing thoughts. Absolutely must read (maybe not for the faint of heart bc of the gore tho).

11/10, a must read.

Heard of the Netflix adaptation but I highly recommend reading the manga first because I hear they changed some things around to make it fit Netflix’s “aesthetic”. But that just what I hear I haven’t actually watched it.

I thank myself for my curiosity because I wanted to see where the story continues, while Netflix series left with a cliffhanger, so I started from the beginning reading this.
Netflix adaptation is really good too and hopes to see the same impactful story as the manga for next season, because the manga story and the end are just breathtaking. Best reads I had this year.
One of the most satisfying conclusions of the story too. Perfect 10/10.

@checkmy4 for a person who doesn't know about this manga before and watch the netflix first, honestly it's pretty good despite some over acting (especially near the end of season). and because of the netflix vers i want to read the original now, but yeah i get it, most adaptation can't beat the original.

I never knew this have an Netflix adaptation (cuz I don't have that shit)

But in my opinion the end well...
There's alot of empty holes

Group Leader
@Natsu_D_Ace quando tu e tutti gli altri utenti che lo richiedono vi deciderete ad acquistarlo in copia cartacea, così da supportare l'autore.

Im surprised at the negative reviews that there are here. I enjoyed it and think it was the best ending to a manga that Ive seen in a while. Even if it seems rough, continue. It gets better later. Some of the reactions seem a bit far-fetched, but overall it was a good read for a day or 2.

I first read this 4-5 years ago. I thought the final game is sh*t af. However, netflix version came and I watched it then wanted to read this again. Maybe I grown up or sth. The final game is very good and The ending is great. Truly masterpiece. I'm glad I re-read this again.

Second time reading this. I completely forgot what it is about. It’s a great story despite the gore & bloody plot. I am glad I read about it again. It kinda helps that I feel lost right now. I will try to watch the Netflix adaptation.

Users who are viewing this thread