Am I Your Daughter? - Vol. 1 Ch. 26

@iskaeil

Don't.. Mind if I squeeze into your guy's conversation here. I'm sorry.

I would assume the reason for MC's lack of cry for help is because she's used to not being saved. She didn't bother to put up a fight because that's the mentality she's lived with for years, only to be met with a horrible and lonely death. And with a huge lack of basic education and igorance of the world and people in general, her mentality as an adult is lacking hugely. I'm no health expert, who knows what else is MC 'lacking' emotionally. I'm not surprised by how frightened and unsure she's written.

Regardless, I could see how it frustrates a lot of readers. If there's practically nothing else happening in the story plot other than the MC crying and whimpering, we're more likely to get impatient for a change.

But you're also right. A lot of the time a story has a reincarnation/isekai trope is because it's there to invoke a cheap and fast emotion from the readers. People tend to like reading a story where the MC has a bad start and suddenly becomes OP. Does it matter if it's not paced nicely with a good timed climax for the author? Nope. They're barely written properly, and when that trope is all good and explained in one measly chapter, the author usually does not go back to that trope and, maybe you know, explore that concept a bit? The whole reincarnation/isekai 'twist' isn't even bad to begin with, it's just, like any genre, takes awhile to find a well written one.

For real though, her face expression could use a lot of work. It annoys me how detailed and pretty a character's hairstyle and clothes is considered "good drawing in manga". It's good skills, but it's important to put into consideration on the character's expression, the background, the story's own culture in the clothes, and how they all mix together to make the manga more worldbuilding. What's the difference between the clothes the characters are wearing in this story compared to a lot other isekai and reincarnation has anyways? They all look fantastically drawn and painstakingly detailed, but they're all the same. Funny because this is a fantasy genre, which means it should give you ample of space to create your own world filled with different culture and traditions without much limit.

Double-page supporter
that situation was dealt with real quick woah ... I doubt she was gone for more than an hour but...the Pikachu face when she saw him 🥰🤧my heart

Fed-Kun's army
@briancornpop
Well, to be fair, she was not educated at all, and basically possessed the mind of a child as an almost 18 year old, therefore, when she is actually in the body of an child, her mind seems to naturally fit with it.
I understand this. Hence i really think i just have to see her as a child and act as if her previous life was a prophetic dream like @iskaeil said.

And i don't think she's 100% uneducated. Since she live in a seemingly nice orphanage before. And when she was reborn, she's also back to the time she's still in the orphanage (although not for long). So her all the time 😯 expression baffles me more since she's literally surrounded by kids her age... Full of expressions... lol

I think it would be more makes sense if the 'turn back time' things was erased. Her mentality is still like a child although she's a 18th years old
But maybe we'll get to see the reason why later

What a cute pair of...siblings? Hopefully I guess uwu

Thanks for another chapter!! <3

@enyoteremchi she was never allowed to grow as a person during her previous life, it should not be unexpected that she still responds poorly to highly stressful situations due to the trauma she endured.

Dex-chan lover
At this point im not sure if they’re father and daughter or siblings lmao but still this is adorbz

Dex-chan lover
Usually reincarnation characters are badly written and dont react like the age they really are. That doesn't apply here though, she may have been 18 in her last life but she was stuck alone in a house with nothing to do.

There's no reason to believe she should be more mentally mature, if anything she should be more unstable.

Poor baby, she'd got so desperate that she was just asking for a quick death instead of being saved... It really hurt.

Thank you for saving her, big bro.

Users who are viewing this thread