Amai Seikatsu - Vol. 10 Ch. 99 - Stylish Thief

Dex-chan lover
More like Edo is allergic to something when he touch the model and the lingerie. What sort of material was making him have hives?

I am the person who have skin disease, eczema. So i tend to worry things that will make my skin go red and rashes.

Hmm...

My first guess would be Edo is reacting that way because the model is actually a guy.

However, I don't think she's a guy because there's no way she could hide her... package... with what she's currently wearing. It's also unlikely that she underwent a sex-change operation, since she reacted to Edo's touch -- meaning she's 100% female.

I also don't think it's an allergic reaction to the cloth, since Edo handles all sorts of materials in his line of work.

So, if it's not the cloth, and if she's a female, my guess is that she had either breast or butt surgery, and that Edo is reacting to her implants.

Dex-chan lover
Nah, you'd be amazed at how... ah.. compact you can tuck a package.

My guess is sudden onset gynophobia.

Dex-chan lover
Allergic reaction to something for sure...I'd laugh if it was silicone (breast implants or something)

If Edo asked to see how it's sewn, then it's something related to the sewing technique.

Dex-chan lover
In poorer countries, typically near tourist places, a common scam is where local children would press up on you from all sides with cardboard boxes from snacks and candy, to numb you to their hands reaching inside and grabbing everything.

Another is where a cab driver, who instead of taking to to your destination, drives you to a deserted area where a gang of locals will show up to mug you... if you're lucky. They might just murder you instead, then take your belongings. God forbid if youre a female.

Some of the more remote villages in Asia are often a source of slave labor. Be it travellers/tourists stopping by, or travelers from neighboring areas, they get drugged and kidnapped, then sold. There have been cases where victims were eaten instead for food.

Heck recently saw an old video of a guy commuting to Tiijuana, almost get stopped by a cartel checkpoint. One if the thugs tries to box him in with a truck but the driver reversed, baited the cartel member to drive up too far, then immediately pulled ahead, drove over the lane divider, and floored it back to the US border.

Always enjoy the releases!

I like how Yumika was frazzled when Edo told her the size of his bank balance. I like how she said there are no prices and Edo goes lets buy 5 or 6.

my plebeian soul screamed with Yumika when Edo said 100M yen in his bank account.

Dex-chan lover
I'm no stranger to allergic reactions, but that was damn quick! Some really strong perfume, or maybe some weird synthetic textile since Edo is the one reacting...🤧
@saintguardian I have a question about your answer to me a few chapters back. Why do you think Edo's sisters are only his half siblings? I don't remember any information about that, the only clue I can remember is his mother's flashback of her marriage to Edo's father where she looked much too young to have four children already. Of course that might just be an inconsistency in the story like there are in most mangas, for example Edo once told Wakamiya and the other girls that his father was dead, but later it became clear that he just left his family. Either Edo was too embarrassed to tell the truth (unlikely in his case), or the writer changed tack. In a story that keeps on being published as long as this one there will be a lot of that.
Not trying to start a fight or something, I just want to know if I missed something and I sure as heck won't be rereading the whole manga to check something like that, even though it is an amusing story.
Anyway, thanks for the chapter, I'm impressed by the speed of your team and also for your willingness to communicate with the readers in the comment section. Too rare... If you are looking for other mangas to do that are a bit similar to this, what about Yurika's campus diary? Right now there are years between each chapter, and there are something like 20-30 chapters left. It might not be finished in my lifetime.💀👻

I seriously doubt that the cloth or stitching had anything to do with Edo's reaction. They're in a Parisian boutique specializing in haute couture that would have very high standards in terms of the materials they use and the way they're put together. If they produced shoddy work or tried using something that would cause allergic reactions for their clients, they'd ruin their reputation -- which is what gives them the justification to charge millions of yen for their creations in the first place.

I'm sticking with the model having had breast surgery, and Edo reacting to the "unnaturalness" of her body. After all, he's only been exposed to Japanese ladies with "natural" assets.

Group Leader
@Techno97 Maybe it was her clothes. Sorry to hear that you have that. I hope you got it under control. I know it's really hard to find a medication that works and helps.

@Assam They actually address this in the next chapter. It's very interesting what the result is. The dice gods have chosen your second comment. May I use it?

@AnimeJ Gynophobia would kill his career and him altogether. Especially since he's unconsciously touching women.

@Hezkezl I guess we will see the next chapter. It should be interesting.

@n3p1c1 That would be some interesting thing to see if it's the sewing technique.

@SunSun Jesus fucking christ. Man, makes me want to stay in the states until I'm comfortable hand to hand combat. Or at least know how to handle those situations. That is scary as fuck.

@BanditHadron thank you for posting and you are welcome.

@Tbird90677 You are welcome. I guess when you have millions of yen with nothing to really spend, might as well spend it on her.

@sinfika Can I use your comment? The dice gods have chosen you.

@theowww Yeah, even in money transfer, it's still a million or so dollars. It's... scary how much he gets paid. My money is royalties for each underwear he sold.

@Nestrior You are welcome. Edo does have that going for him and I would have to thank, begrudgingly, to his mother.

@BirohVlad You are welcome. Dear lord, I would feel bad for Yumika if that occurred.

@Draugadrottinn If my memory serves me, I think they eluded that Edo's father only stuck around long enough for Edo to get born. The other siblings came from different husbands that didn't give her a boy. But I could be wrong. I'll have to re-read the chapters to make sure and I would be able to point out which chapters give my evidence. Besides, they all don't look like him that much. I wouldn't be surprised if the mangaka changed it halfway through because the story idea changed. I'll add it to my list of look into but right now I'm finishing up Buttobi CPU before I pick up another one. I like to reply to comments as much as I can but I do have terrible memory.

@pizzaguy I wouldn't put it past him. He has "magic fingers".

Dex-chan lover
@saintguardian Even if one is trained in some form of self-defense, it's still recommended to avoid having to use it cause getting ganged up on can bring down even well-trained combatants. Using self-defense as a last resort has less to do with "violence isn't the answer" and more with "shit happens".

Knowing what are high-risk areas and avoiding them, or if you must travel to such areas, minimizing the risks involved is generally what smart travelers do. I don't intend for people to get scared of traveling, but I do want people aware that shit can get dangerous out there.

This is the guy who dodged a cartel checkpoint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp3X0_D07c4

Older story about a couple who got murdered while biking around the world: https://www.npr.org/2018/07/31/634373403/d-c-couple-killed-in-tajikistan-attack-were-biking-around-the-world-together

Tragic irony in that the guy wrote: "Badness exists, sure, but even that's quite rare. By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind. No greater revelation has come from our journey than this." shortly before the two of them were murdered.

@saintguardian:
By all means, please go ahead! Only one chapter after I signed up, and I get lucky enough to have a comment of mine picked by chance.

Perhaps I should try buying a lottery ticket tonight...

Users who are viewing this thread