Amano Megumi wa Suki Darake! - Ch. 235 - Ryouta's Determination

Dex-chan lover
@RanmaChaos is it really he is still just copying her life choices, and got a hair cut.

The only advantage he has is that there's no way the main girl will lose the love battle to some girl that appeared out of nowhere.

I empathize with Ryouta, I really do. But his monologue and view on his relationship with his "friend" in this chapter was disappointing and pathetic. I don't know if it was the mangakas intention to depict Ryouta as some delusional masochist who honestly believes that HE is the one taking "advantage of the kindness" of his horrid lifelong friend, or it was unintentional to depict him as such. In reality, no sane person, would view the situation of Ryouta and the young lady as Ryouta "taking advantage of her kindness". This line of inner monolouge was just so jarring and bizarre. She is the one that has willingly or unwillingly been taking advantage of his kindness. Anyone can easily sympathize with Ryoutas love for her, but it would have been great for the mangaka to have Ryouta realize how she has absolutely zero respect for him. This relationship between these two borders on an ntr themed hentai. It's so unhealthy for Ryouta to continue to worship the ground this person walks on. He's wasted his life and kindness on a truly oblivious person who doesn't have a single atom of respect and warmth for him.

Fanfic wise, he should have taken this opportunity to complete tell her off for being a non entity like friend and permanently end their "relationship" then and there while still focusing his efforts on trying to get into Tokyo University. She deserves him neither as a friend nor a pitiful rebound for when she gets her confession shot down by the mc.

Sorry for the rant, its just this insanely harmful relatioship that the mangaka has chosen to put Ryouta in is really sucking the fun from this manga.

@Ultenth

I agree with you on this being an extremely unhealthy message for young men AND young women. Ryouta just gets more frustrating. However I believe you are judging him negatively for the wrong reason. He has been nothing but kind and supportive to a person who have never once shown him genuine kindness, much less actual friendship (at least as has been shown in this manga). His idolization of her is creepy. Not creepy in the sense that it is harmful to Yuuki, but creepy in that he is wasting his precious life following a person who hasn't been shown to be deserving of even 0.0000001% of his kindness and affection. A real life, healthy solution to this, would be for Ryouta to take Yuuki to the side, call her out on the many years of her not reciprocating any kindness and then permanently severing all ties with her. And if you say something along the lines of "a women doesn't owe an orbiter anything", she still notices him, and not having told him years earlier to leave her alone, either makes her oblivious or callous. And this relationship could and does happen with both sexes, not just young men.

However, he should still strive for Tokyo University as it is a globally respected and admired university, and if he went there, it would be of infinite benefit for the rest of his life. Also, wanting Ryouta to suffer is completely unreasonable and uncalled for.

Dex-chan lover
Ryouta has big simp energy, and no one can tell me otherwise
like bro go to college and get some different brand of pussy she ain't into you bro.

Fed-Kun's army
On one hand I’m rooting for the guy, but on the other hand he really needs to get over her. There’s such a thing as fighting for her, but this is just sad.

Dex-chan lover
Jesus this chapter reeks of Big Simp Energy.

I'm rooting for our boy to wake the fuck up and date someone whos good for him, and stop limp-wrist simping after a girl who wants nothing to do with him.

you know how quickly this situation would change if one of these 4 would just grow a pair and confess
but that will never happen, after all, no one gets blue balled more than the readers in manga
plus I assume this series seems like the type that ends after the main characters get together(with a possible 10 years later chapter) instead of one that explores the post-confessing life of the couple

No he still sucks.

Also:
What kind of fool do you take me for?
Shindou is aiming for Tokyo U.
Yukkii is aiming for Tokyo U!
Ryouta is aiming for Tokyo U!!
I'M aiming for Tokyo U!!!
Is there anyone else aiming for Tokyo U I should know about?!

Double-page supporter
WE WILL NOT ACQUIESCE FOR THE SAKE OF A SIMP'S FEELINGS.
He's been putting her on a pedestal for over a decade, he's a lost cause.

This, boys and girls, is what we call an "unhealthy obsession".

Dex-chan lover
He's the kind of guy that will become a stalker, tho we can say that he already is one... It would be EPIC if everyone fails the test lol

Users who are viewing this thread