Amano Megumi wa Suki Darake! - Ch. 235 - Ryouta's Determination

Dex-chan lover
Always been, tl. The guy deserves his feelings to be at least acknowledged. And is more intelligent than MC for sure...he knows what he wants.

@Ultenth i like your view on this, i totally forgot that manabu also simping on girl and try to get to toudai
it would be nice if mc reevaluate his choice because of this whole going for the university for the girl thing, but tbh.
both of them are doing unhealthy shit, the only good part of this is that tokyo u is a great uni, and it's never bad to get into great uni.

Dex-chan lover
He has done more in like 20 chapters than the main couple through the whole manga and is far more likeable, this guy deserves his gyaru.

Aggregator gang
Last chapter, I commented that Ryouta should not live his life defined by how Yuuki lived hers and he should find out what kind of guy he is outside of his relationship with Yuuki. This chapter showed that the author is simultaneously doing that for Ryouta and doing the exact opposite of that.

While changing his style and saying that he'll surpass Yukki, in terms of academic achievement, is a step in the right direction, the fact that Ryouta is aiming to go to the same university as Yukki and this whole thing is motivated by getting Yukki to acknowledge him shows that Ryuota is not trying to find who he is as an individual and is still defining his life by a woman. A woman who just sees him as a friend, and even he acknowledges in this chapter that's, realistically all he'll ever be to her. Granted, in real life, people don't just pull and 180 on their personality, so I guess I shouldn't have expected Ryouta to completely change his ways. Plus, considering how some readers speculated that Ryouta would attempt to seduce Megumi as some form of petty revenge, it could've been exceptionally worse.

I hope Ryuota doesn't get into Tokyo U because I think what's best for him is to just distance himself from Yukki as much as possible, maybe even cut her out of his life all together if such extreme measures are necesary. I have a strange feeling that the author is at least toying with the possibility of Yukki realizing Ryouta's feelings and possibly reciprocate them. I hope that's not the case because not only would I not believe Yukki would ever truly be in love with Ryouta, in a romantic way, I feel like like that endgame would only be detrimental to Ryuota's character.

Notice how I'm typing paragraphs about what Ryuota and Yukki's situation is and I haven't really commented on the main characters. Well that's what you get when stuff ACTUALLY HAPPENS in a story outside of panty shots and awkward glances. Turns out plots are more interesting to discuss when they aren't spinning its wheels and actually follow through with its developments Just to remind you, the school trip arc was 99 chapters ago, and what's truly happened since then for the two leads outside of meeting more side characters?

Fed-Kun's army
I don't know if the author while not talking about her is just pretending to forgot the Tokyo U chick from the beginning of the manga or if it's a way to show that Manabu forgot about her and now is just trying to get to the university that he likes, I really wish it to be the latter, if so, I consider this some progress for him!

Fed-Kun's army
@JeCarlos65 Oh, I am 100% sure the author just have her whenever he/she needs a plot device. At this point, I am sure many of the readers even forgot about her. After all, she was pretty much an incredibly generic and easily forgettable character. That could be due because we literally know nothing about her, but that is the author's fault.

Dex-chan lover
Umm ... Ryouta did NOT make any progress ... NET progress ... AT ALL. On one hand, I applaud him for working on himself and trying to make himself better. But he totally just sabotaged that by changing his dream school to hers. He just nullified his progress by chasing her. I mean, I get it that his bigger dream is being in her life but having a dream OUTSIDE of yourself is a surefire way to give away your personal power.

Always start with yourself. If you can't improve yourself and be happy with yourself you can never truly make another person happy. Putting their personal happiness ahead of yours is all good until they are happy and you are miserable. Now your happiness is dependant on outside factors. If that person leaves or loves someone else now you will be miserable. You put them on your shoulders (or a pedestal) and make them your God. But from their perspective, you may just be a footstool or their worshiper. If you always treat someone like a star they will always see you as a fan.

Contributor
@Lex79 It was going to take around 100 chapters anyway because that's rougly number it takes for each year of highschool so far.

Users who are viewing this thread