Amano Megumi wa Suki Darake! - Ch. 252 - The Two In The Rain

Welp, I never liked yukki that much tbh. Hope Author-kun doesn't give us a crappy plot twist making her win the manabu race. She came 150 chapters late so fuck off

Dex-chan lover
no fucking way i would have gone to school in highschool till 6pm nevermind 9pm. Its like they're trying to make company slaves early

Dex-chan lover
Yukki is gonna lose, and when Amano is winning, the other clever girl will appear to be the Last Boss, and yada yada, no, that rubber was always from Megumi yada yada, the end

Dex-chan lover
dang it, she deserves the love, why did the author had to do that... 😥

Dex-chan lover
During my vacation in Tokyo a year ago, I still see students riding their bikes home at 23:30.

Dex-chan lover
Used to go to Cram School till 8PM too, then hang out till 9 or 10pm. Not that uncommon here in Asia tbh.

Y'all Westerners have it easy and it shows. School at 7AM and cram school til 10-11PM is the norm in most asian countries tbh.

Dex-chan lover
In Brazil we also have these preparatory courses, with the difference that the students don't study all day. You study in the morning or in the afternoon. Arts and sports are practically non-existent. You look for clubs and courses outside of school to practice these activities. The preparatory courses are usually focused on the exams that are used to select students for federal and state public universities, also for military school selection exams.

Dex-chan lover
dropout, i was about to comment the same, 9pm at cram school that's totally fucked up, at that time the hunger would make me murderous, forget about concentrating on class i'd kill the next person who looked at me funny.

@Kaduufrrj yeah for us too, we don't have any of those "extracurricular" BS over here, there are no "clubs", specially when everyone just wants to get off the fucking school ASAP, ¿who'd want to stay even more time?, even worse, they go to "practice" before morning classes, WTF?!!.
My high school started at 7:15am, i'd have to wake up at 4am to be able to do any kind of "morning practice" (not to mention the school is an entire city block in the middle of the the city, there are no "school ground" only cement courtyards), and i hated having to wake so early just for regular classes....
WEll my HS had a couple of "EC" activities, but those where religious afterschool groups that are international(religious HS btw), and no friggin way i'd waste a second of my precious free time on that nonsense.

@Liquidxlax i went to a technical HS, we had double shift so a couple of days the afternoon shift ended at 6:15pm, two other days it was around 4:15 (one class less) and fridays it was only mornings. OH and since it was technical, it is 6 years of HS, i really miss those days, in essence 6 years of double shift we did like 12 years of the equivalent plebian school :D

Double-page supporter
Yeah that's how elite cram schools in Japan work. In the US, the standardized testing ceiling is so low that lots of smart people get into elite universities without studying (but then have to study once they're in if that university is, like, MIT or Caltech). The hard-workers can also do it, of course, but there's such a lack of incentive for studying beyond the curriculum in the US that it's mostly people who are naturally smart. I'd say MIT is like 40% people who worked hard and studied for actual classes and exams and 60% people who just coasted for those (and then 5% of those people can continue coasting even at MIT but most of them absolutely cannot), but may have worked hard on other things like competitions and such.

I interned at Kyoudai during a summer when I was an undergrad (the 2nd best university in Japan, behind Toudai of course). I'd say at most 10% of the people who made it in even there "coasted" for exam time--and it's probably lower at Toudai. You have to be an actual genius to get a top cutoff score for the Japanese national exam without studying. But it's a very study-able test. So that's why people spend all evening cramming for it like this. There's simply never a point to studying that hard for the SAT, because it's just not a hard exam if you're intelligent.

Users who are viewing this thread