Amano Megumi wa Suki Darake!

Aggregator gang
@Keetonman: Welcome to "Slice of Life" manga, where plot and progress are not important and we just enjoy character interaction and environment.

Think of it like riding a car. SoL manga is about taking a road trip: No real destination, just a pleasure cruise and enjoying the sights as you travel. Most manga are more like commuting: Getting to A and B and making a stop along the way sometimes.

That's why I encourage readers to pay attention to the tags. So many complain about SoL manga (generally speaking, not you in particular!) they don't realize what one even is. As an aside, School Life manga is the same as Slice of Life, but specifically in a school environment.

Dex-chan lover
lol don't fucking patronize me. I said what I wanted to say, not out of ignorance of Slice of Life but to insult this trite. Slice of Life doesn't move this slow. This shit here is pure exploitation.

Dex-chan lover
I know that putting them together means the end of the serie but she have no rival and neither does he.
They had a a few of jealousy chapters, but they very short, and the new people introduced barely became background charas.
The girl that made Manabu become a study madman appeared in the story like 3 times, and I think just 2 of this to him, other appearances were meories or thoughts, Manabu literally didn't had a thought about her for ages.
I like this serie but there is nothing stopping them from being together but their own shyness, that is ok in other series but not in this one because as I've said, there is no real wall between the 2, person that would be against their relationship or anything else.
Amano tries to get close to him knowing "he is in love" with someone else, Manabu tries to avoid looking at her lewdly for her being a dear friend, fear of destroying their relationship, convinced himself to love someone else and other bullshit.
I believe even the mangaka wants to end it but he is close to their graduation that was Manabu goal and will probably end the serie after the final exams.
Maybe making him pass but seeing girl-I-forgot-the-name with her boyfriend will crush him and Amano wil console him or will not feel bothered by it and understand to not be in love with her anymore.

It's fucking slice of life. The series wouldn't need to end with them starting going out but no progress at all is expected

You guys all say that them getting together means the series ends but what if, we kept going and just see their journeys together

The mangaka could stretch this as far as he/she wanted. Dating, University years, marriage, kids, old age, eventual death. Of course that would require more progress, otherwise our grandchildren might have to visit our graves and read the rest to us.

Umm... aren't these two in their 2nd year? Manabu is swatting for 'finals' as a practice run for next years real deal. Unless I've been asleep and missed a whole year?

Double-page supporter
@Halfbaked
4772795__e188297988ce060ed77289f0d306731a.jpg

Kendou is so infrequent in this manga that I wasn't even aware that Tits was doing it. It also makes it unlikely her tits would be so big, since she would burn off most of the excess fat- like most female athletes.

@Anoman - Now, this is just anecdotal. But my very first girlfriend played soccer from like the age of 11 all the way into college. She obviously never went pro, but she did play competitively. She had Double D's and still to this day one of the best booties I have ever seen. So, ya, it's definitely possible. Just not a very common thing. I do see it more frequently in sports like Volleyball though.

Dex-chan lover
@Akemua Serena Williams would be a good example. She and Venus pretty much shattered the misconception that bigger/thicker women couldn't compete in high-level tennis.

Fed-Kun's army
Is it weird that I want this to get axed just so the author is forced to put in some fucking effort to tie this thing up?

Aggregator gang
@MistLynx: Not wierd, but you made the mistake of thinking this kind of manga was story-focused.

See the "Slice of Life" tag? That typically means story takes a backseat and only progresses when the author feels like it. SoL manga is more about various situations and and environments that the characters (main or side) go through as they go through their every day of life. Manga like these are meant to be enjoyed like newspaper comics: You can pick up at any random page, enjoy it, and not worry about what plot progress you missed.

FYI, not trying to be a jerk or anything. This is something a lot of readers miss (understandably so) or misunderstand. I'm just bringing this to your attention so you don't get the same frustration when reading future manga. It's the same reason people hated Nisekoi, another SoL manga (Well, there were multiple reasons, but that was the biggest one).

Users who are viewing this thread