Amano Megumi wa Suki Darake!

This story has a case of zombie syndrome. Known cases of this is the Simpsons, family guy, call of duty, and star trek

This has been going for too long already. Will it ever end or at least have some development?

7/10 for no progress at all after 200 chapters.
I marathoned the whole thing in 2 days but still find this crap a little bit too boring.

I have been sticking with this manga for nearly 2 years and I am heavily irate towards the direction the author is going towards.

Various things are cast to the side because the mangaka feels the need to make a 'Romantic-Comedy' longer than it should be. The biggest thing that annoy me are the excuses that are tossed around to justify the manga being this long because "bro just be complacent; flow with the status quo". Can one not criticize a manga because for nearly 200 chapter the characters haven't gained anything in terms of building a relationship. Slice of Life doesn't negate a STORY from being told in a fashion that grants the characters in the story some (NEEDED) character development, for instance stories like Saiki, Komi-san, Mob, etc. all have the label of 'Slice of Life' but their plot and character development gradually rise over a reasonable time span, and none of those manga have 200 ch with no romantic progression (if it is focused on that subject to begin with).

Slice of life describes the depiction of mundane experiences in art and entertainment. In theater, slice-of-life refers to naturalism, while in literary parlance it is a narrative technique in which a seemingly arbitrary sequence of events in a character's life is presented, often lacking plot development, conflict and exposition, as well as often having an open ending.

Slice of Life is a branch of naturalism which mainly dictates that the story flows through important moments that a character might recollect from their experiences in life. Yeah, that's cool but you don't see people with heavy romantic interest reset everyday to a blank state because life isn't a time loop.

I mean just read chapter 120 to see the feelings of the previous TL; it just accurately sums up the manga and the readers perfectly.

People came here for Amano Megumi, a lovable (and GOD I love gyarus/genki girls) character that the author doesn't know what do with. Don't get me wrong, I love rom-coms but this one feels like a horridly bad gacha and the readers have E rank luck.

Power Uploader
When they actually get together means the end of the manga.

Author will have to tie a few loose ends (like the other girl Manabu is "chasing"), but it'll be the end.

If it brings him a steady stream of revenue and he doesn't have another manga prepared, why would he want to finish it?

Dex-chan lover
Otome no Teikoku is an example of a slow series that pushes the story forward every chapter. Bit by bit.

This series goes fucking nowhere and is relentlessly repetitive.

@ringo_juusu we read it because we like the characters and are starving for what little development is doled out to us

The joke worked for me for 140 chapters, but really this is just too much. The series should have finished during the school trip.

That irony when you found out that this series has a lot of ntr dj due to the settings and title alone, despite yet having an anime adaptation.

Double-page supporter
This manga is pretty weird. I feel huge NTR vibes since the beginning, but it's the Main Heroine doing the NTRing lol. Since MC obviously didn't like her.

I don't know if I should call her bold or stupid? What do you guys think?

Aggregator gang
I think you should drop the NTR vibes and terminology, first off. It's not that kind of manga by any stretch and comparing it to that gives people who haven't read it yet the wrong idea.

Secondly, Manabu (the MC) may not have a romantic interest in her (that he's aware of), but he's getting there. Amano is not NTRing at all, she's just an airheaded girl who drops her guard around him, but isn't aware she does that (hence the title of the manga).

Lastly, she starts off as stupid, but once she becomes aware of her feelings, she's both bold AND stupid. Again because she's a bit light on brains and something of a kendo meathead.

Users who are viewing this thread