Amano Megumi wa Suki Darake!

I just re-read the first chapter and you can actually see that Megumi used to be a lot skinnier, less bouncy back then!

@lonelypotatoonabench

If you completely ignore the fact that progress between the two main characters is slow, this is definitely an enjoyable read. It's funny enough, and you begin to notice that Manabu is actually really sweet and thoughtful as you continue to read the series. There are some genuinely good moments. The side characters are fun, too. If you're into ecchi, the fan-service is definitely something to look forward to.

I don't think it's such a bad thing that the progress is slow, since at the core, this is a slice-of-life in the truest sense. It's everyday life, so you get to see a lot of days where nothing of note really happens, except the shenanigans of the main characters. I guess in that regard, you could say the progression of their relationship is really organic and natural, even if it is slow. Each year in their high school life is roughly 100-ish chapters, so that should give you an idea of how slowly time progresses in the manga. If you like that kind of slow-burn, then I think that this is worth checking out.

Anyway, I think the main problem isn't the way that the manga is structured, since this is the way that the author intended to write it and it's quite clear that he's still enjoying writing it, after all. I think the main problem is that some readers expect rapid development in the relationship when nothing in the manga tells its readers that the relationship will be developing quickly. It's slow-burn, so if they don't like that, they can just look away and look for a shorter series, since the author probably wasn't writing this with them as their target audience. The frustration from reading a slow-burn work its course is a natural part of the slow-burn experience and it's part of what makes slow-burn enjoyable, at least to me. I like feeling frustrated because the payoff when it finally comes is that much more satisfying when it's done right. I just think it's kind of stupid to expect things to suddenly pick up in pace after the setup of the manga has told its readers to strap in for a long ride, and to cast that natural feeling of frustration as a sign that the manga is bad and throw that opinion out willy-nilly.

The manga is not bad by any means. It's not a masterpiece, either, so if you want to turn your brain off, this is a good read. Sorry for the borderline-rant and the wall of text, but yeah. TLDR: Turn off your brain, don't think too hard about how long it will take the main characters to make their relationship official, and this is an enjoyable read. It's good ecchi, too.

Dex-chan lover
@heartmade_fm HOLY SHIT DUDE THANK YOU SO MUCH, literally felt like not starting at all but now that I've heard that there is "something" I actually wanna start it now, btw I read your whole comment and yeah honestly helped get my hyped up a bit, the most chapters I've read on a slow burn till the mc romance starts would be 60 or so chapters in, so my bias for romance was coming from the comments and the amount of chapters with no progress so I kinda held back for that reasoning, but seriously thanks alot your comment really helped, TIME TO GIVE IT A READ!.

So... sometimes the artists draws Megumi's pussy so fat that it ends up looks like a nutsack. I can't be the only one who's thought that, right?

@heartmade_fm "It's funny enough, and you begin to notice that Manabu is actually really sweet and thoughtful as you continue to read the series."

omg at the beginning Manabu was so mean. There were quite a few times I was thinking wtff if someone said that to me I'd run away crying.

@Sadbunny3000 yeah, he is quite mean at the beginning, but I think that begins to change when he stops making excuses for himself, when he specifically tells himself that Megumi isn't the reason why his grades have dropped. Quite understandable if someone would want to drop the series because Manabu is mean. The "tsun" aspect of his tsundere personality comes off way too strong in the beginning, but as he is now, I quite like him.

tbh, if she's there just to spy on them then just spy and don't do anything else. I feel bad for the gal

well I took a look at this, read comments, and looked ahead for myself, the art seems nice the characters seem decent, 1st chapters romance looks the same as chapter 200's from my short skim, from what I can tell is this is a series you have to grow with when it starts, it carries on so long to keep the initial readers hyped hoping for progress, even if the mangaka originally intended to have a good story if work is popular and published, the mangaka will drag it out with overused gimmicks for hundreds of chapters to the point where even when the series ends the original readers are done with it.

manga artists who keep adding new characters really late into a story are just afraid to see the series end, and keep trying to push gimmicks no one wants to the point the series becomes unenjoyable. imma huge fan of romance/harem manga and anyone else who is see's it happen all the time. i'd say don't waste your time with a series that pushes on 240's with no progress. for anyone who comes by comments wondering just doesn't look like its worth the time, there are plenty of manga that get somewhere, go read jitsu wa watashi wa, thats a good long but well-paced and romance with progress series.

9pm and you are still at school .. my ass is itching to go home when 6pm and they are going home at 9pm

Dex-chan lover
does this manga artist have an alt name he produces hentai under? will never attempt to read this again but for hentai this art would be insane. hmu if there is

Coming back to read the comments periodically, and for anyone who's still on the fence about whether or not they should pick this up, just read the first few chapters and evaluate whether or not you can deal with 200+ chapters of really, really slow slow-burn romance. I see a lot of people missing the point of slow-burn. If it's not your thing, just don't pick it up, and speak for yourself instead of blanketing "no progress" when it's progressing, just really slowly. Honestly, you're going to get a much better feel for a story by simply picking it up rather than asking whether you should pick it up or not.

Also consider reevaluating what "progress" might mean for you from a narrative and story-telling perspective. Progress in the development of a relationship or a romance is not linear, and it sure as hell isn't confined to making a relationship official or labelling it. Progress is also the change in the way someone perceives the other. Progress is also realizing or identifying a feeling for someone that they were previously unable to identify, even if that feeling isn't strictly something romantic in nature. Progress is also trying to protect what's already there, for fear of ruining it; that kind of thing, even if it doesn't progress the relationship towards being "official" indicates the level of trust and comfort that someone has in and with the other. These things can be hurdles, stepping stones, or whatever in the long journey towards the conclusion, but just because it doesn't directly put two characters closer together to make them "official" doesn't mean that it isn't progress.

For what it's worth, I think it's charming and I enjoy the two main characters get into their usual shenanigans, even after having been fully caught up, so yeah. Speak for yourselves, and don't assume that nothing is going on in the manga if you... haven't actually read the thing in full. Also don't make lazy assumptions about things like the late introduction of characters because I, for one, have thoroughly enjoyed the introduction of the newest characters and have seen them add great value to the story and the relationship of our two protagonists. That might be true sometimes, but it's not always true. I'm looking at you, @aki_hajime Yeah? Yeah.

And if you've read far into this series and are frustrated with the seeming "lack" of progress, just drop it. Nothing wrong with that, maybe really slowly-paced slow-burns just aren't for you.

Also, @Haduuken123
no, they are not yet a couple. It might be another 60-70 chapters before they become official if the manga heads in the direction that I'm seeing it go, which is a resolution of feelings and a confession by graduation. Whether or not the manga ends at that point or continues to show us the dumb couple as an official couple in college is up in the air, but I'm of the opinion that this was always going to be a manga that covers the MCs' entire high school life and end it after that.

Its fucking hell amazingly slow burned
But it is burning
Dont forget that while reading it

I atleast got inspiration for giving more of rime for study after seeing mc give his time on regular basis
Well i am improving but at a really slow burned progess, but gotta keep it up

Users who are viewing this thread