Amayo no Tsuki - Vol. 13 Ch. 51.2 - Silent Listening

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 23, 2025
Messages
65
After this 2nd part of the chapter, I'm pretty sure somebody needs to come back into the forums and apologise.....

View attachment 68307
"green yuri turned the main girl into a guy" ??? what the fuck are they talking about 😭😭😭 are they bothered by mitsuki cutting her hair shorter or something 😭😭 bothered by a butchfemme relationship for no reason lmao this gotta be a random bitter man there's no way
 
Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2026
Messages
8
I don't know which one will make the other feel unsafe in a locked room anymore, I'm still going to guess Kanon but also Saki has like 17 years of built up lesbian yearning so I think it just depends on which one has enough confidence to pounce on the other before the other gets a chance to pounce
 
Active member
Joined
Aug 30, 2020
Messages
19
i kept taking seconds to every line/page, is this love? im greedy i still want more <3 im so proud of them girls :')
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 17, 2023
Messages
87
Now I remember what that reminded me of, this scene from arisaku!
guYojNq.png
TYtnJt9.png


(Everybody go read AriSaku, too, I cannot let it get axed)
YESSSS AriSaku mention!!! If you are reading this folks - go read it!! It is amazing!
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 18, 2025
Messages
1,168
and you just swallow everything Saki spits your way, don't you?
get the pitchforks ready because somebody criticizes a character, oh my goodness how terrible!
ALMOST AS EVIL AS BEING HORNY OMG!
Just to paraphrase what I already said last chapter, she doesn't think being horny is evil, you're stupid if you think that's what she meant, she did everything you said she had red flags for doing the opposite of, and you should stop trying to delude yourself into continuing to hate this character because it's just stupid and unjustified.
 
Active member
Joined
Aug 30, 2020
Messages
19
i reread last few chapters, 'horny' seems wrong, too direct, i like to imagine 'steamy' or 'hot' because i cant imagine anyone reacting like Kanon after hearing such a strong word
 
Last edited:
Resident Yuripig
Contributor
Joined
Feb 4, 2018
Messages
1,593
i reread last few chapters, 'horny' seems wrong, too direct, i like to imagine 'steamy' or 'hot' because i cant imagine anyone reacting like Kanon after hearing such a strong word
Nah, horny is good. The original JP was エロい (eroi) which literally means erotically. Kanon has lived in a bubble most of her life, so it's not surprising ....
 
Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2026
Messages
8
i reread last few chapters, 'horny' seems wrong, too direct, i like to imagine 'steamy' or 'hot' because i cant imagine anyone reacting like Kanon after hearing such a strong word
Horny is just a more direct way of her saying she is "feeling aroused" by Kanon kissing her, and while I prefer "aroused" as the word choice tbh, it also means basically the same thing, one is just more direct than the other. Also yeah the JP text isn't far off from the localization, both convey the idea that Saki is aroused by the idea of kissing Kanon. Steamy or Hot don't convey that idea at all or at least not as well as "horny" or "aroused" do.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Nov 23, 2018
Messages
454
Horny is just a more direct way of her saying she is "feeling aroused" by Kanon kissing her, and while I prefer "aroused" as the word choice tbh, it also means basically the same thing, one is just more direct than the other. Also yeah the JP text isn't far off from the localization, both convey the idea that Saki is aroused by the idea of kissing Kanon. Steamy or Hot don't convey that idea at all or at least not as well as "horny" or "aroused" do.

Also, I don't think Kanon was having trouble with the word itself. I would say that compared to the arousal people typically experience in private, the arousal that (ideally) occurs when being intimate with someone is more intense. This applies especially to things that are difficult or impossible to simulate without a partner, such as kissing. Kanon kissed Saki, but at the time Saki didn't kiss back, so until this point Kanon didn't know what it felt like to be kissed.

I might be stating the obvious but I at least wanted to say this much, because I really appreciate these latest chapters for exploring some minutae that most 'first love' yuri series tend to brush past (which makes sense since few of them get to run this long).
 
Resident Yuripig
Contributor
Joined
Feb 4, 2018
Messages
1,593
Y'know... regardless of what people might feel about it, エロイ (eroi) was used in the Japanese. That means sexually erotic. To walk on eggshells around it or water it down is a disservice to the mangaka. There are good choices like "I was horny", "I was really aroused", "I really wanted you badly", etc..... "I was steamy" doesn't really cut it, tbh...
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 15, 2023
Messages
440
Not knowing what horny is is so Kanon that being said YESSSSS I WAITED 84 YEARS FOR THIS FINA FUCKING LY
 
Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2026
Messages
8
Y'know... regardless of what people might feel about it, エロイ (eroi) was used in the Japanese. That means sexually erotic. To walk on eggshells around it or water it down is a disservice to the mangaka. There are good choices like "I was horny", "I was really aroused", "I really wanted you badly", etc..... "I was steamy" doesn't really cut it, tbh...
The entire idea of watering down what a normal teenager girl would likely feel when kissing someone they know they love just because of your own bias against it just feels like it would be a poor localization job. Plus watering down the meaning would also make Saki's previous comments about being "impure" make a lot less sense since it's less obvious that she feels sexually attracted to Kanon. "It made me feel steamy" feels like more of a joke comment similar to chapter 2's more jokey use of Saki being horny rather than something that is so hard for her to admit that she's in tears while saying it. here it is blatant in a way that word choices that tiptoe around it would not convey well, especially when the JP text is just as blatant about how Saki actually feels.
 
Last edited:
Resident Yuripig
Contributor
Joined
Feb 4, 2018
Messages
1,593
The entire idea of watering down what a normal teenager girl would likely feel when kissing someone they know they love just because of your own bias against it just feels like it would be a poor localization job. Plus watering down the meaning would also make Saki's previous comments about being "impure" make a lot less sense since it's less obvious that she feels sexually attracted to Kanon. "It made me feel steamy" feels like more of a joke comment similar to chapter 2's more jokey use of Saki being horny rather than something that is so hard for her to admit that she's in tears while saying it. here it is blatant in a way that word choices that tiptoe around it would not convey well, especially when the JP text is just as blatant about how Saki actually feels.
Oh... I first thought you were disagreeing with me and was confused, but you were actually agreeing with me and just expounding on the argument.
(y)
 
Power Uploader
Joined
Nov 4, 2018
Messages
2,351
The root of Saki's unease has always been her internalized homophobia and beating herself up over her clearly sexual desires towards women. She's known she's sexually attracted to women for a long time and somehow internalized it as something "abnormal" and "impure".

"Dark Saki" represents the superego in psychology. It reflects the internalization of cultural rules and everything "authorities" (whether parents, school, friends, TV, media, whatever) have hammered into her brain. It's not something you get rid of on a snap. It obviously takes considerable effort on Saki's part to voice something so deeply buried, to the point of making her cry.

She wants to bare herself to Kanon and dismiss Dark Saki. And that can only be done by laying down all her "secrets". That's just how much she loves Kanon.

It's obviously what Kuzushiro planned all along, since chapter 1 and that's rare enough these days to have a mangaka planning a story for more than 3 volumes in advance.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top