Ame Demo Hare Demo - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
I like this much better than the first incarnation. I hope it doesn't become as cluttered and chaotic as the first one did. The mangaka has a bad habit of stuffing way to much into each page, and it makes it hard for me to read it.

Dex-chan lover
“ lil' ” → “ li'l ”

The function of an apostrophe is to indicate the silencing of a letter; “ li'l ” indicates the silencing of the “tt”
in “little”; the ‘e’ was already silent. The spelling “ lil' ” is literally ghetto.

(The reason that apostrophes appear in possessives is exactly because those used to be written “-es”. The reason that an old-fashioned spelling of “damned” is “damn'd” was to show that it were being pronounced /dæmd/ rather than /ˈdæməd/ (which it sometimes was).

Aggregator gang
Well I hope the side characters are toned back a bit in this version, though it doesn't look like they are. Just going by the original of this and Tovarisch, the author makes enjoyable main characters/couple and then kinda ruins it was overbearing side characters that end up side lining the mains.

Dex-chan lover
BRUH I got HELLA fucking pissed when those 4 interrupted them again (since I read the OG version) but wow the transition this time was way way better since she already let her know in a way lol can't wait for more, this is already a way better start then the OG version hopefully it continues to get better

Dex-chan lover
@Babydel so fucking true, the side chars in Tovarisch weren't that bad per say but holyshit why did they get in the way/be so fucking annoying so much, if the author wanted to focus on them then they should've shoved them into an extra chapter or something cause I really would've loved to see the Main couple which was the best in Tovarisch more often and the fact that they got EVEN BETTER once they became a couple which we barely saw any of left a really bitter taste in my mouth of how I wish the author focused more on them instead of side chars

Dex-chan lover
I was hoping that this version wouldn't have the shitty side characters. I guess it was way too much to ask.

Aggregator gang
@Sarsak
Maybe so, but at the same time it was a joke in it from the beginning that the main character was constantly sidelined. It also showed which characters were most popular at the beginning of each volume, which Yuu and Kanna were generally the top two and still sidelined them most of the time till the end, focusing more on the characters at the bottom. Not that polls should have a major affect on your work, but still seemed a bit mad.

@dokidoki
Indeed, the extras of Yuu and Kanna being a couple are where that manga really shined. Shame they were so brief.

This version gives me a more serious vibe, less comical art/moments like all of Nekozaki's thoughts and her getting bonked by a baseball while fantazing about Mikoto. The school president and Showa ballads girl got short hair redesigns and the final scene is new which is promising since it seems they'll be going in more on the main pair's relationship which was constantly put to the side in the original.

Users who are viewing this thread