Amina of the Lamp

Thank you so much, this is by far my most favourite as of now. Pls protecc this at all cost, pls pls dont drop this 🥺

Thank you very much for the chapters!! I hope you don’t stop the translations 😭 those insta people post others work to gain followers and likes 😩😩

am I weird for keep on thinking the djinn as komodo dragon/salamander.. it's just eh kinda weird the Eastern Asian perspectives on Middle Eastern.. Sure they love to make factional stories but it does throw me off guard when it's a lot different to what it seems.. Had to read 3-4 times to finally catched up with the strories

Fed-Kun's army
I can already tell this is going to be frustrating to read in the later chapters.

I hate the movie Aladdin for all the cultural appropriation and misconceptions about middle eastern cultures it caused. Especially by mixing in South Asian cultures. The setting of this story is quite odd too, it begins in a pretty much Greek/Roman society but they have Arabic names? Then it becomes an Arab desert country? And the dragon monsters are being called djinns? Do people even know what djinns are? And the race of characters makes no sense either, Amina, with her Arabic name, yet is white? Then 300 years later, the majority of people in that area are darker-skinned, with what appear to be middle eastern features? Red head is supposed to be mixed race, but looks entirely white, and his colouring is impossible, red hair and green eyes and pale skin, while his father has dark brown hair and eyes, and darker skin. Even if he was mixed, darker colour in hair, eyes, and skin is dominant. But let’s forget that for a moment because fantasy. Then there’s the clothing, Greek/Roman clothes? Then clothes that somewhat resemble Arab clothes that I’m not sure whether they are pre-Islamic or during Islamic times? And then western military clothes? And some garments look South Asian too? Then there’s the whole religion thing not making sense,(especially since it hasn’t been expanded on) but that’s up to the author, since this is their fictional world, so I will not complain about that. Also, why does the person who very obviously looks foreign have more power than the actual, legitimate prince, who was born to to a beloved princess? Shouldn’t the male lead have more support? The concept is cool and everything about this story is great except for one thing, the author did a terrible job with the culture, mixing a bunch together, that don’t really make sense. Despite that, the story is interesting, Amina is adorable, and I’m excited to see where this will go. (And sorry for the long rant of me complaining, I don’t meant to offend anyone or insult the author, it’s just that these inconsistencies with real cultures come relate to my own, and so I simply have to say something about it. I really mean no disrespect though, the art is lovely, and so is the story, and the characters are enjoyable, the setting just feels like a mess to me though)

@Sparklepink12K I must say all this setting happened because of Koreans ignorancy regarding this whole ordeal.. This pretty much happened all the time when they decided to use the minimal knowledge they have regarding middle eastern/greek/south asian.. Plenty of kdramas also threw me off how they mixed between a Buddha person with Islamic names just because he's from south asia.. I must say, they're lacking in searching for the information of the place they're using.. They only try to focus on the story plot while ignoring the whole setting place..

MD@Home
A heroine with some spunk. A male lead who's an actual decent guy. Both have functional roles in the society and don't have to spend each chapter with each other in order to grow #feelings.

This reminds me of Akagami no Shirayukihime at its best--the first arc.

Bookmarked!

I have to say that I agree with you. Mangas butcher the whole Middle Eastern culture. They completely ignore the architecture (which is magnificent), think that all people traveled with camels, completely ignore the seas, jungles and mountains, and stick tightly to deserts. For reasons unknown, people think that we were half naked? Tbh the only manga that I've read and really shows the culture is Otoyomegatari. But,pale skin is really common in the region, also, although rare, blue and green eyes, and redheads exist in the Middle East. But although pale, they don't look like European people.

Sooo... for the last several months I thought it was Anima of the lamp, but I only just realised that it was Amina of the lamp and now I wanna cry

Users who are viewing this thread