Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii?

Dex-chan lover
@marapriyemova agreed on the points that the removal of all of her familial ties and her being a social outcast and being hated by her village is the clichéd, overly dramatic shounen way to make her an "easy" romance target and that her being too eager/accepting to be a slave is kinda offputting.
on the romance part between the protags i disagree though. throughout the course of history there have been countless examples of men throwing away everything for a woman, often elevating them to a high social status in an otherwise patriarchal society. dunno if that ever happened because of "love at first sight", but hey, it's a shounen manga. if you're looking for character depth, this demographic just isn't for you. and because of the love-at-first-sight thing he's devoted to the female main character. what's wrong with that? and the mention of the slice of life bits like cooking, shopping and whatever gives the reader the opportunity to see the mc ponder about and trying to advance their relationship. and that slow pace of selfdiscory compounded with the lightheartedness makes this so great imo. the action bits don't feel out of place either, even if these are scenarios you may have seen elsewhere. if you don't like such a mix of slice of life and action and prefer a stoic, apathetic kind of character then you should look elsewhere. cause the title pretty much gave away what to expect from this manga.

lastly, it appears that you have read the original source, the novel, which i don't have. so i'm only referring to this manga adaption and the story/character traits shown here. your take on this series may be different, if they omitted important parts in the manga.

Group Leader
Code:
Marapriyemova said: Doesn't feel realistic at all.
This man has grown mad with power! He expects realism from a fantasy manga!

@JustNatsuki when people talk like him, I always think of them as Gerald from south park reviewing things on Yelp. But obviously, they sit there with their finger up their ass while they type away about manga.

words can't describe just how much i like this story and I've lost count of how many times I've re-read every chapter from beginning to latest chapter. Does this have anything that i haven't seen before? Not really. Does that matter? Nope. The only things that ate necessary are the characters resonating with the reader and i love Zagan and Nephies interactions, zagans slow struggle to try to communicate like a normal human instead of some chunni edgelord and Nephie becoming someONE and not someTHING. This will never be anything less than 10 for me.

i mean that semi-confession was great, but it felt so weird with him putting the collar back on. kind of dampened the mood.
you had this great moment where mc is saying we're equals and then puts back a slave shackle - like what? dude's a demon lord. could've snapped his fingers and transformed the collar into equal rings
and instead of nephie saying "this is what connected us", in reference to the slave collar around her neck, zagan say something in response as cliche yet cool like "now this'll connect you to me, and me to you"

edit: my B, Chica

backstabbing mage should have died from his summon for some poetic justice
otherwise pretty much what I expected

Dex-chan lover
aaaaaaaaaa if only this manga released every WEEK

when is next chapter coming out?

Fed-Kun's army
If this light novel/manga would be adapted could they cast Kikuko Inoue (Yes. VA of Belldandy of Ah my Goddess manga)? Ahh. Remembering Belldandy once again. She was my first waifu.

Users who are viewing this thread