Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii?

I like this manga and all, but ch 22 p 8 i have to say, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? THE SWORD WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN BLOCKED LIKE THAT UNLESS SHE WAS VASTLY SUPERIOR TO HIM. In all honesty though im pretty sure she was drawn backwards. Absolutely no way that block is possible, let alone safe.

@Fusionxtras It was a block that's not supposed to protect Castell, but to stop the old guy's sword from reaching Fol. It was a pretty good position to do so, in addition. Since Castell can just slide down the blade overhead if the old guy tried to brute force his way through. It will be stopped by the cross-guard which Castell can then throw the old guy out of stance, giving her a window of opening. Granted, she has to do all these in as minimum and fast movements as possible, but it's possible. I'd say it was a pretty good position. Or, if you don't that was good then Castell would just have to slide the blade the other way but it will only let the old guy go and not open anything. It would work if it was a surprise, but since it was not, then it won't do anything.

@Hakugin_No_Ou I cannot agree with that, leverage is important in swordplay, if you are blocking with your back to your opponent like that you would almost certainly be disarmed, and or lose that leg. Try this at home with some sticks or something. Your wrists cannot stand up to force like that it doesn't matter how strong you are you cannot hold that sword position from a full strike. If she had her chest to him it would be a different story. I love this manga but that was a really bad panel for me.

@Fusionxtras Now that I think about it, it is true that Chastel's hold shouldn't have blocked that strike. All throughout, my argument was centered around using the sword as a leverage, having her right hand as the pivotal point and her left hand acting as the stopper. However, I never thought about the dynamics of force distribution during this hold. That the old man's strike's force should've been the side that has been amplified. And that I was hypothesizing, instead of actually defending the hold, that Chastel should've slid the sword either way or doing that hold shouldn't have been pointless if she just slid it, if she just slid the damn thing. It disturbs me the same as you now that you pointed that out though. It can be argued however, that Chastel actually used magic to enhance herself while the old man didn't. I think it was to give Fol the push she needed to antagonize her fully and devote herself to training if he was successful. Also also, if you look at the very next page, you can see that the old man didn't commit to the srike and instead blocked Chastel's so she didn't actually blocked the strike as opposed to just a simple hold of the old man's block fueled by the surprise Chastel gave. It was actually the old man that blocked I say.

@Fusionxtras I won't argue that the block was good though. I say it's stupid but if said variables played a role into the force distribution then I say it's borderline okay as an impromptu stance. You wouldn't expect such a blunder from a "holy knight" though.

@Hakugin_No_Ou definitely wouldn't be something a holy knight that is well trained would do, there were probably some meta reasons they were drawn like that, but it that specific panel was so strange looking to me when I first saw it and I kept looking at it until I figured out why, and when I did, I felt the need to point it out. I really like the manga but something like that should have been caught by the editor.

Group Leader
(Meme Edit, not a spoiler)
66NhvbI.png

Double-page supporter
Huh this is my first time encountering fantasy trope that doesnt use cringy ass name.

Still im a sucker for fluffy things, tagged!

LN spoilers replying to jethzki

From what I've heard, there is no harem, and chastel gets paired up with the mage friend or smth @jethzki

@Lonelykarma > Thankfully, it just dropped about an hour or so ago. They usually come out around 3rd/4th of the month, the translators are pretty consistent.

like good old shounen, no one ever dies.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread