An Incompetent Woman Wants to Be a Villainess: The Young Lady Who Married as a Substitute for Her Half-Sister Didn't Notice the Duke's Doting - Vol. …

Dex-chan lover
ooooh this is a good first chapter! I'm excited to read more of this!!

Dex-chan lover
Villainess story with no reincarnation or isekai? That's great!

I feel so sorry for Avril, who was constantly abused by her entire family. That father didn't deserve his wife at all. But beyond that, even with how twisted her family was, she persevered. Because it seems she wanted to help the people of the Allingham Territory.

Avril's wisdom, skills, and memory are unparalled, yet she couldn't use them at all because she was restricted.

And now she's being sent away because of her truly awful sister, who used her name to be a villainess. That was good for Avril though, as it seems this is the very reason Dylan wants to marry her. Why though, does he want to marry and divorce a villainess? So that he can claim he fixed her or something?

Corina's haughty attitude was never gonna trick someone in love. And Dylan seems to truly love Avril. So what changed, I wonder?

Dex-chan lover
So assuming in the opening that the Prince realised the stepsister tried to replace the FL and he saw through it... I'm reminded of a story where the unwanted sister was sent away to be wed/eaten by a dragon royalty until the favourite sister decided she wanted him instead.

Dex-chan lover
what is up with this weird trope of manga writers finding the weirdest reasons for characters to bully each other? "Like lmao you're talented and have a good memory? thats cringe bro"
I agree that it's a horrible trope, but in this instance I think it makes sense. As the eldest legitimate daughter from the first wife, Avril was a huge threat to the second wife and her daughter. So they treated her harshly and forbade her from receiving any teaching, because otherwise everyone would see how much better Avril was than Corina.

what is up with this weird trope of manga writers finding the weirdest reasons for characters to bully each other? "Like lmao you're talented and have a good memory? thats cringe bro"
This seems less that they are bullying her for her talent and more that they are using that as an excuse to attack the legitimate heir as the oldest daughter from the original marriage. They just need something to screw her over and try to rip the right to succession from her to the younger half sister without it looking bad to other noble families. It doesn't seem that anyone outside the family and their loyal servants are bullying her as well; with the tutor she met calling her talented and praising her.

Plus this could be a world where women are not supposed to be having "Manly aspects" such as opinions or agency, but be demure quiet baby makers that run the household for their husband as he does the real work. So I wouldn't be surprised that someone like her might be bullied to "put her in her place" by some people who feel that woman should shut up and sit in the corner.

Dex-chan lover
lmao the type of guy who will eat his own word, 'we are couple in appearance only' 'don't fall in love with me' etc. then proceed to falling for the girl and not letting her go.

Dex-chan lover
Good for her to leave the house, i never expected her biological father is piece of shit.

Dex-chan lover
I love villainess stories but one of the things I dislike about them is the outlandish ways the authors of these stories sometimes go to victimize their main characters. Like "Oh, woe is me. Everyone hates me because I'm so kind, talented, beautiful and pure." It's really stretching the limits of believability and this story is probably the worst example I've seen so far.

Dex-chan lover
she has the most hardest will, strongest mind, and thickest patience that i've ever seen to actually go through that abuse for many years and just legit be like "nah past is past bruh but i won't send you any money doe lmao". i could only wish i have her brain since not only is she a genius but she also have an indestructible mind that verbal abuse and social injustice cannot even penetrate lmao

i can only assume that she won't need to do or even think of revenge since that house's finances are about to go diving through mariana's trench.

i'm really envious of her iron will, man. i'm stuck here with decision paralysis and can't do any shit because i'm also stuck in region beta paradox. my mind knows it should get out of the comfort trap but it's tolerable enough so my mind also won't. lol haha

Dex-chan lover
i love those kinds of story, but the start everytime ticks me off, we have to see all that hatred directed towards our MC, feels like my anger is just growing each time i read that kind of story

Dex-chan lover
So assuming in the opening that the Prince realised the stepsister tried to replace the FL and he saw through it... I'm reminded of a story where the unwanted sister was sent away to be wed/eaten by a dragon royalty until the favourite sister decided she wanted him instead.
This?

Users who are viewing this thread