An Introvert's Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels for Me! - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Supporter
Youshin: "If I score even once, I win."
Actually scores once.
Match still continues. wtf????????
Senpai scores his required 8 shots
Youshin: "Guess it's a draw."
?????????????????????
What was even the point of the 2nd hanidcap?

To the jealous bitch I say: Begone thot.

And to HD raws I say: Thank you.
Maybe a weird way of being translated but it basically gives him a chance to tie, cuz I score once but its only fair to see if the opponent can also fulfill his conditions of scoring 8 times as well. It was not a who scores the necessary points first type of thing.

Also, this is my favorite romantic manga cuz there are no oblivious dumbasses in this manga.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe a weird way of being translated but it basically gives him a chance to tie, cuz I score once but its only fair to see if the opponent can also fulfill his conditions of scoring 8 times as well. It was not a who scores the necessary points first type of thing.

Also, this is my favorite romantic manga cuz there are no oblivious dumbasses in this manga.
Hmmm the MC thinks gal is only in it as a punishment game still so he's kinda dumbass.

Dex-chan lover
It was a stupid chapter, period.

MC is dumb for agreeing to it in first place, then not holding to victory condition.

Jock is a misogynistic stereotype, period.

Nanami is dumb for not speaking up in the first place after MC agrees to duel - you don't want to be objectified, then don't agree to the terms regardless. MC agreeing is just perpetuating the problem to begin with. You're with him, he's with you. Give the jock the finger and keep on truckin'.

JM&J it's not that hard people.
clearly you missed the whole point of all of this but that's okay.

Dex-chan lover
My theory is that the girl is the one that threw water from the window when FMC confessed. She tried to stop the confession, but it ended up helping her.
I've never thought about it that way, but it seems to be the most plausible theory.

She definitely goes to his school. Might be the girl who tried to dump the bucket in the beginning.

i've been thinking its her since the beginning cuz they have the same hairstyle and she's been pretty jealous of the FL so far, this chapter just confirms that she's not just looking out for the mc safety

it was also done on purpose and she's the only one who could've known of the confession
U1fhpKU.png

Dex-chan lover
Youshin: "If I score even once, I win."
Actually scores once.
Match still continues. wtf????????
Senpai scores his required 8 shots
Youshin: "Guess it's a draw."
?????????????????????
What was even the point of the 2nd hanidcap?

To the jealous bitch I say: Begone thot.

And to HD raws I say: Thank you.
I mean senpai wanted to show how "cool" he was in a sense, and just ending the match here would be lame

Supporter
The thing I found more confusing about the competition than the handicaps (it works for a narrative because it let's the basketball player be better at basketball like you would expect), is that in chapter 5 senpai is shown wearing #47, but the next chapter he's changed over to #11, and then here in 7 we have Youshin in #47. If it was just the former happening, that's just an inconsistency and whatever; it's not like that's anything new or particularly interesting. But then having the MC in that particular jersey number makes the change stand out more.

i've been thinking its her since the beginning cuz they have the same hairstyle and she's been pretty jealous of the FL so far, this chapter just confirms that she's not just looking out for the mc safety

it was also done on purpose and she's the only one who could've known of the confession
U1fhpKU.png
Other than the color being different, the style being the same being essentially the same is what seals it more even more than the way Peach acts (though that does serve to emphasize it). Since the artist went out the way to showcase the game avatars as just "cut and paste character's head onto a different body."

Dex-chan lover
The thing I found more confusing about the competition than the handicaps (it works for a narrative because it let's the basketball player be better at basketball like you would expect), is that in chapter 5 senpai is shown wearing #47, but the next chapter he's changed over to #11, and then here in 7 we have Youshin in #47. If it was just the former happening, that's just an inconsistency and whatever; it's not like that's anything new or particularly interesting. But then having the MC in that particular jersey number makes the change stand out more.

Other than the color being different, the style being the same being essentially the same is what seals it more even more than the way Peach acts (though that does serve to emphasize it). Since the artist went out the way to showcase the game avatars as just "cut and paste character's head onto a different body."
Also she's too well drawn for whats supposed to be a throw away panel essentially too. I don't mind it as foreshadowing though.

Dex-chan lover
The whole peach and bucket girl thing has basically 2 options:

1. Peach is bucket girl, just how the author/artist bashed us over the head with their "hints".

2. Peach is not bucket girl and author/artist will redconn all the hints as a "twist"

Hidden option number 3:
Bucket girl is one of FMCs friends dressed up and wants to revenge peaches broken feelings, because oh shock, one of FMCs friends is actually a guild member of all of them in the background all along...
What a twist! :D

Dex-chan lover
Tbh I just assumed Peach was one of Nanami's friends, farfetched yes but still

Dex-chan lover
While we can clearly see that it was a rigged game, to the extent that this entire competition was honestly pointless if not detrimental to the narrative, I actually do see why he agreed to it. His basketball skills are not only very valuable to him but also a majority of his peers, girls included. To give jock senpai the benefit of the doubt that he's a character rather than a walking plot device, the third handicap is not something he'd have a problem with. If you look at his behaviors and motivations he pushed for this competition really hard less because he thought his crush was a trophy to be 'earned' and more because he wanted to make sure that seeing this really attractive (according to his peers) side of himself wouldn't change her mind.

His insistence of 'winning' her in a competition then in turn could be read as less as a purely misogynistic sentiment that a women's opinion doesn't matter and more the poor phrasing of an immature kid with limited emotional intelligence lamenting that she never got an opportunity to see his good and desirable traits before getting in a relationship and wishing for an opportunity to show them off in case that would change her mind. Sprinkle in a competitive drive and a touch of media of all kinds showcasing these kinds of competition, and the idea of 'winning' her in a competition is probably the only idea his mind could come up with to allow him to show off his skills in an environment where she might choose him instead. Once she demonstrates that this won't change her mind (via this third handicap), it's now clear to him that even if he confessed earlier she wouldn't have been interested in him so he should back off entirely. He's a teenager so this really isn't too outlandish, and ultimately would make the third handicap a non-issue for him as this competition is less trying to 'steal' her and more an extremely fumbled courtship attempt.
I fully agree, it made perfect sense for him to still continue with the competition. Because like you said, he assumed she would realize his greatness after he can show off.

That is why I compared it to a younger sibling playing with an unplugged controller. They still think they are playing while everyone else knows that they aren't

Dex-chan lover
Welp dunno about y'all theories about Peach and Baron but... This is what I've read from 2nd vol LN so far

1. Peach is not bucket girl, or at least that what I think. Cause, she later supported Nanami and Youshin. Even encouraging him to tell Nanami "I like you".

2. Baron isnt a girl, he is married. So all of his advice comes from his married life.

2.5. thx to Peach-sama advices. Baron used "I like you" advice and Baron's wife very happy for him being suddenly sweet.

That being said, it was never revealed who is this Peach girl

Dex-chan lover
Welp dunno about y'all theories about Peach and Baron but... This is what I've read from 2nd vol LN so far

1. Peach is not bucket girl, or at least that what I think. Cause, she later supported Nanami and Youshin. Even encouraging him to tell Nanami "I like you".

2. Baron isnt a girl, he is married. So all of his advice comes from his married life.

2.5. thx to Peach-sama advices. Baron used "I like you" advice and Baron's wife very happy for him being suddenly sweet.

That being said, it was never revealed who is this Peach girl
That just makes me wonder even more on who peach is :O

Dex-chan lover
Well that was quite unexpected lol. And dammnnn MC is a serious chad for making that third rule. YEZ, her feelings matter!

Thanks for the chapter as alwayysss

Dex-chan lover
I hope party girl Peach is just jealous her friend is being taken away rather than actually liking MC. Otherwise, she should have just told him how she felt earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread