An Introvert's Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels for Me! - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
What was the manga? Also in that manga, was the girl aware about the truth regarding the guy (and were the readers aware that the girl was aware?)? If not, then I can see why the comments was tearing into the guy.

I can't speak for others, but a reason why I don't have much of an issue with the fmc, at least as far as her "fake" confession goes, is because the mc is already aware that it wasn't a real confession and that she was going along with what her friends had told her to do (in order to get used to boys if I remember right), and he has no problem with it and instead goes along with it until they eventually break up (as far as he knows at least). Now if he wasn't aware of the truth (or if we weren't aware that he knew), then sure I don't think I'd give the fmc much of a pass, regardless of how much she agonizes over it.
It was A Farewell's Love That Begins with a Bet. Nearly the exact same premise, she was aware that the confession was a bet, but still still went along with it, because she was in love with the dude. Imo just because the person who likes you is okay with you doing a bad thing (i.e. fake confession) doesn't not make it a bad thing. I understand that they are happy to receive love regardless of whether or not they believe in it's validity, but dishonesty is still kinda shitty. It's a "two things can be true at once" kinda thing for me.

Dex-chan lover
It was A Farewell's Love That Begins with a Bet. Nearly the exact same premise, she was aware that the confession was a bet, but still still went along with it, because she was in love with the dude. Imo just because the person who likes you is okay with you doing a bad thing (i.e. fake confession) doesn't not make it a bad thing. I understand that they are happy to receive love regardless of whether or not they believe in it's validity, but dishonesty is still kinda shitty. It's a "two things can be true at once" kinda thing for me.
In that case, I don't know why or how the people who tore into the guy in that manga would also giving the girl here a pass unless either:
  • The people in question simply haven't read this manga yet
  • They're willing to let it slide due to the character's age (her being younger)
  • The guy in that manga had a douchy and/or questionable personality that only began to get better barely halfway through

Beyond the mentioned above, I can't think of a reasonable reason. That said, I'd probably still give the guy a pass myself since the girl already knew and apparently had no problem with it. Despite that, your reasoning is sound and I can certainly understand it. Also, thanks for letting me know the name, I'll be sure to give it a read, when I get the chance.

Dex-chan lover
Am I still the only reader here who still hung over at the punishment game at the start of the premise?

Did the MC memoryholed that event?

Dex-chan lover
Everyone (in the manga) taking this shit pretty seriously for a highschool romance lol. They even wanna meet the family. You might as well get married while you are at it at this point. Feels kinda over the top.

Dex-chan lover
Very bold and forward. That's a trait you see often in romance mangas.

Dex-chan lover
"At least show some doubt."
Well, apparently he is his mother's son.

Such a landmine of a parent...

I find it impolite to drive her home. It means cutting in on their date.

Great, business trip. Then we won't have to see them.

Good move, there. Invite yourself into his home.

Did mom and dad just conveniently forget to tell their own son he's going to be left alone for a month until the last day, or was it the fault of their job not to tell them until the last day?
Probably the parents. I wouldn't give them the benefit of a doubt.

I still think it's kind of shitty of her to not tell the truth.
Personally I don't really care how it started as long as it continues in an honest way, and as it's going she's digging herself much deeper into the relationship than the original bet would require. Still, clearing that up would be better. Haven't read the other one, so I can't tell if it's different.

Now if he wasn't aware of the truth (or if we weren't aware that he knew), then sure I don't think I'd give the fmc much of a pass, regardless of how much she agonizes over it.
I don't think that changes anything. She still doesn't know what he knows either way, and I'm not giving someone a pass or not based on what the readers knows.

Users who are viewing this thread