Anata ga Shite Kurenakute mo - Vol. 11 Ch. 84

Double-page supporter
Fuck. Damn it. I hope she’s not regretting this and just mourning the loss of her marriage. I don’t want them to back pedal. At least not right after. They gotta divorce or at least separate to see how they feel after a good portion of time. They need time to be by themselves

Dex-chan lover
This is a really great manga. For this couple I don't see either one as an especially bad person.

The couples she's somewhat envying who are having long marriages and who can balance work and home, they didn't know it would definitely be successful when they got married. The same way the Niinas had no way to know they would drift apart when they started. so there's no reason for her to feel like she did something bad just because she wasn't able to see the future. I hope they can be friendly after the divorce

Fed-Kun's army
Side bar: there aren't a bunch of couples making it work. It's usually the assumption (and the realized norm) that women sacrifice their careers for their families, statistically speaking. The real problem is that they both had incompatible life goals and just need to be with people who fit them. And I'm really glad the story is taking that direction.

Dex-chan lover
It's sad to see Kaede finally realize their marriage isn't gonna work out, but tbh it was pretty clear the moment during that Kaede "redemption" arc when iirc she was feeling happy that work held her back from patching up with Makoto (maybe I'm completely misremembering lmao) that the marriage wasn't going to work out

I wouldn't even say this was necessarily a compatibility issue. It'd be a different story if she'd been putting the effort but her work made things not align between the 2 or Makoto was asking for some compromises that were too much for her to handle, but it's clear that she was hardly doing the bare minimum in the marriage and by the time she tried to fix that it was too late with regards to makoto's feelings towards her. any working relationship is a two-way street yet she couldn't even be bothered to get in the car

Dex-chan lover
Kaede really needs to step away from thinking that Michi is somehow the perfect person for Makoto (or that after Michi explicitly told her they weren't even talking anyone, that they would get together). Relationships aren't required for happiness, you've started to understand that, so realize it works for others.

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunate she realized so late, but she chose her path and is happier as a career person. People make mistakes and hopefully they'll both end up where they're happiest.

Makoto does deserve someone with the same values on family though. He's content now and has finalized his feelings, he does not love her romantically anymore. So I'm hoping she won't be back peddling...all that "don't know what you got till it's gone" trope and the like.

Fed-Kun's army
Of course the mangaka just had to show that panel. I am more convinced that she purposely made Kaede suffered just because she is not the protagonist of the story. Niina and Michi really?

I wish Kaede could be happy, but since the mangaka is hell-bent on making her suffering, I doubt she will. I wish she could be with someone who understand and supports her ambition and career. She shouldn't suffer just because she is ambitious and career-driven or because she is in the way of the main pairing dear mangaka. Makoto has never once loved her anyway

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Damn it hurts when the character itself aware of the problem 😭 but yeah at least this will be the next step forward for both of them to be happy each of their own

Dex-chan lover
wtf should I feel about this. I don't know anymore it feels like it's the end for them but no one's dropping the bomb so it's still a stalemate.

also, I get that she loves her work. she's passionate. her work is her hobby and she's lucky to know, be able to do and make a living on what her passion is. nothing wrong in that and mostly everyone I know are still lost even after college and working for years on what to do.

but is she really good at her work? why can't she finish it during work hours? why can't she delegate? are her colleagues bad or is she just bad at leading/deletating/planning and describing what the output should be?i s there so much work no matter how good they are that they can't have downtime, along with her deliberately choosing work over spending time with friends/family?

given those. yeah I bet the higher ups love her to even promote her but I don't think she's ready for the managerial/lead role lol she needs to change her time management.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
given those. yeah I bet the higher ups love her to even promote her but I don't think she's ready for the managerial/lead role lol she needs to change her time management.
Unfortunately, I really don't think the author is going for a moral on the importance of work/life boundaries. I know the focus is meant to be about the various factors that harm marriages, but it's aggravating that everyone including the author seem to be spinning her obsession with work as a positive trait.

Users who are viewing this thread