Ane Naru Mono - Vol. 6 Ch. 37

is the story actually a japanese story, cos it seems very similar to the greek story of persephone

@Istvan90623 @Something547 yeah it was the story of Orpheus and his wife, a quick google search tells me that Izanagi/Izanami is essentially the same story, just based off Japanese mythology which is kinda neat, mentioned in 712CE. the orpheus story was written 8CE, so i wonder if the japanese just yoinked it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izanagi#Descent_into_Yomi

@wangtheone The fact is that many myths are similar to each other, just think that there are a lot of myths about a worldwide flood like Moses. Myths are like fairy tales, they are transmitted orally and many times, depending on the context, the names of the characters are changed but the concept remains the same.

Dex-chan lover
Wait...so she is Izanami? Nah, probably not....maybe she's the goddess of the story's world from which derives the Izanami tale (at least in the story)

So she's either Izanami herself or she's someone who had a similar experience to Izanami.

From what I read this is somehow analogous to kuroshitsuji, but without the bl-ish feeling and with a nice milf, not bad I would say.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think she is Izanami, more like she is afraid Yuu will one day be afraid of her like in the story, that he will see her true self and be disgusted

I really hope we will get a bit more info on her backstory. Also, at this point i still kinda wonder about the motivation behind her behaviour. Is the whole "lovely older sister" act still only part of the deal she made with him, or did she grew to genuinely feel that way?

Oh, and this chapter gets even more interesting if you go back to chapter 34, page 20-22. She says she couldnt bring back the dead, as if she tried it once. So in the Izanami/Izanagi story, she would take the role of Izanagi, and "the dead she couldnt bring back" (be it as a metapher or in a literal sense) would be Izanami.

Guys, the fiction references this mythology and likened one of the characters to one of the characters in the myth, Chiyo MUST literally be Eurydice or Izanami.
The peanut gallery needs to simmer down. It's a comparison. Nee-chan is clearly just empathizing with the story and fearing the potential rejection of her non-human-facade self. Chiyo isn't supposed to be literally anyone specifically from human mythology; that's the point of being an unimaginable otherworldly horror/outer god/old one. The unknown is frighting because it can't be pointed to and identified exactly.

Dex-chan lover
We already know that Chiyo is supposed to be shub niggurath, the "black goat of the woods with a thousand young", thanks to the series title

Aggregator gang
Probably not the best story to dwell on in their case...

Why the hell did she pick it. Did she not know the story and theme? I presume so.

Aggregator gang
Eventually, this story will end with Chiyo gobbling up this little shota because she loves him so much she can't resist anymore.
... Or not.
But the fact he loves her knowing what her natural form is instead of running away in disgust and horror has her love meter going all heart eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread